19 Posts
6 Users
34 Likes
EstebanGonzalez
(@estebangonzalez)
Fan
Topic starter  

Dear GSF members

The celebration of the 114 years of world dean Juan Vicente Pérez Mora is approaching and the LQ team is organizing a birthday project to honor and congratulate him on such a unique event.

Among the organizers we have Ben Meyers, Georg Fürholzer, Fabrizio Villatoro, Ben Hinchliffe and who writes to them.

They can write the wish and card they want. As a suggestion, you can add a drawing and/or flag of the country of origin.

THE WAYS OF PARTICIPATION:
1st: Posting wishes on the 110 Club there directly
2nd: Sending a PM or E-Mail to Georg Fürholzer or an E-Mail to Shiro (Fabri)
3rd: Posting your wishes directly on the GSF Page (Esteban Gonzalez) or private message
4th: Posting your wishes on the 10 Oldest People Group on Facebook

CONTACT DETAILS:
Georg Fuerholzer: [email protected]
Fabrizio Villatoro: [email protected]

There is time to write the wish until May 24 at 05:00 PM México or 11:00 PM in London on May 24
Please write one wish per person and obviously the wishes of all members who want to join will be welcome

stoa-oid, siam, diego and 2 people reacted
EstebanGonzalez
(@estebangonzalez)
Fan
Topic starter  

I start with my desire

Deseo de corazón que pases un excelente cumpleaños, que sea tan especial como tus últimos 113 cumpleaños y que siga otros cumpleaños más. 

Marcas un hito impresionante y eres un orgullo para muchas personas. Mis felicitaciones desde Montevideo, Uruguay, tu vecino del sur! Esteban. 

siam and diego reacted
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Feliz cumpleaños a usted, Sr. Pérez Mora, Decano de la Humanidad.
Enhorabuena por los objetivos conseguidos.
Eres una inspiración para el mundo entero.
Te admiro mucho.
Saludos cordiales desde Génova (Italia)
Ale

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

EstebanGonzalez and siam reacted
 siam
(@siam)
Fan

@ale76 Very well written! Do you know spanish?

siam
(@siam)
Fan

This is my message:

¡Muchas felicidades para Don Juan Vicente Pérez Mora! Es todo un logro cumplir 114 años y ser el varón vivo con más edad del mundo. 

Espero que celebre su cumpleaños felizmente, junto con todos sus allegados.

Reciba desde España un cordial y afectuoso saludo.

Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @siam

@ale76 Very well written! Do you know spanish?

I am only able to write simple and short sentences...

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego reacted
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

I'm helping spread the word of Mr. Mora's upcoming 114th birthday 

https://youtube.com/shorts/Z52weQTQ59I?feature=share

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Here's my personal message to Mr. Mora

(ENGLISH)

Dear Mr. Mora,

I wish you a very happy birthday turning 114 years old! Congratulations on your incredible achievement! You sir, have been an incredible inspiration to me and many people all over the world. You are a true example that shows honesty, patience, and the value of hard work. You are a kind soul, who emits so much radiance, and you are a real life Earth angel who takes great care of his family. You have sacrificed 114 years of your hard work to make the world a better place, and for that I cannot say thank you enough times. I hope you have a happy birthday, sir. May you continue to enjoy many more years surrounded by the love of your family, and enjoy good health and happiness.

Peace be with you Mr. Mora.

(SPANISH)

Estimado Sr. Mora,

¡Te deseo un muy feliz cumpleaños cumpliendo 114 años! ¡Felicidades por tu increíble logro! Señor, ha sido una inspiración increíble para mí y para muchas personas en todo el mundo. Eres un verdadero ejemplo que muestra honestidad, paciencia y el valor del trabajo duro. Eres un alma amable, que emite tanto resplandor, y eres un ángel de la Tierra de la vida real que cuida mucho de su familia. Has sacrificado 114 años de tu arduo trabajo para hacer del mundo un lugar mejor, y por eso no puedo agradecerte lo suficiente. Espero que tenga un feliz cumpleaños, señor. Que sigas disfrutando muchos años más rodeado del amor de tu familia, y goces de buena salud y felicidad.

La paz sea con usted Sr. Mora.

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @aquanaut

Here's my personal message to Mr. Mora

(ENGLISH)

Dear Mr. Mora,

I wish you a very happy birthday turning 114 years old! Congratulations on your incredible achievement! You sir, have been an incredible inspiration to me and many people all over the world. You are a true example that shows honesty, patience, and the value of hard work. You are a kind soul, who emits so much radiance, and you are a real life Earth angel who takes great care of his family. You have sacrificed 114 years of your hard work to make the world a better place, and for that I cannot say thank you enough times. I hope you have a happy birthday, sir. May you continue to enjoy many more years surrounded by the love of your family, and enjoy good health and happiness.

Peace be with you Mr. Mora.

(SPANISH)

Estimado Sr. Mora,

¡Te deseo un muy feliz cumpleaños cumpliendo 114 años! ¡Felicidades por tu increíble logro! Señor, ha sido una inspiración increíble para mí y para muchas personas en todo el mundo. Eres un verdadero ejemplo que muestra honestidad, paciencia y el valor del trabajo duro. Eres un alma amable, que emite tanto resplandor, y eres un ángel de la Tierra de la vida real que cuida mucho de su familia. Has sacrificado 114 años de tu arduo trabajo para hacer del mundo un lugar mejor, y por eso no puedo agradecerte lo suficiente. Espero que tenga un feliz cumpleaños, señor. Que sigas disfrutando muchos años más rodeado del amor de tu familia, y goces de buena salud y felicidad.

La paz sea con usted Sr. Mora.

He isn't "Mr. Mora", and no Spanish speaker would ever refer to him just by his maternal surname - his full name is Juan Vicente Pérez Mora, which is often shortened as Juan Vicente Pérez, Vicente Pérez, or even just Don Vicente (as an honorific title). If you're going to write his surname, you'll never omit his "main" surname, Pérez. It would be like if someone referred to you just by your middle name and surname, while omitting your first name. This has already been explained before on this forum a few times, so I don't understand why this mistake continues to happen. 

Edit: I realize this came across as being a bit harsh, when that wasn't my intention. I appreciate that you made the effort to write such a kind message to him for his birthday - I just got a bit frustrated about seeing his name written incorrectly, but it's not exactly an unforgivable mistake considering how names tend to be written in English.

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

siam, EstebanGonzalez, Amck and 2 people reacted
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Good see the edit to your post Mendocino.

So for cultural and other reasons (given that I would also have referred to him as Mr Mora without the above post)

what is your recommendation as to the best, most friendly but also most respectful name for us to use on the very happy occasion of his 114th birthday?

I’ll rely on your feedback for my own post if you are able to assist.

diego reacted
EstebanGonzalez
(@estebangonzalez)
Fan
Topic starter  

Personally I would go for the shortest option, such as Juan Vicente.

I like when they use only my first name when congratulating me on my birthday, the full name sounds colder and more distant.

siam and diego reacted
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Thanks very much for this EstebanGonzalez, I shall proceed in that way.

Its interesting in this part of the world where sometimes “Don” is now used in a sarcastic or negative way, by some of the 3rd and 4th generation southern European people over here. Quite a few came after WW2.

So I just wanted to be safe in terms of respect for Juan Vincente, based on what sometimes happens over here in Australia.

diego reacted
 siam
(@siam)
Fan

@mendocino A very good explanation of the "surname hierarchy" that exist in spanish-speaking countries.

Anyway, in this case, it would not be strange to use only his second surname (Mora), as Pérez is a very common surname. Many spanish-speaking people try to avoid or omit common surnames, so they often choose to write the second surname if it is not as common as the first one. But this is very colloquial. Generally, and formally, the correct option is to use the first surname rather than the second one.

ChrisR reacted
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Querida Juan Vicente 

Te envoi mi mensaje desde Australia y en nombre de todos los de aqui me gustaria felicitarte en tu 114 cumpleanos.

Tu fe n Dios, tu felicidad y tu maravillosa larga vida son una inspiracion para muchos personas.

Te deseo todo lo major para hoy y para muchos anos futuros.

Feliz cumpleanos Juan Vicente.

Chris Redman

Australia

PS - This seems to be correct based on the translator I have used - but if one of our Spanish speaking friends could please quickly check it, before it goes to Juan Vicente, then I'd be most grateful. 

siam
(@siam)
Fan

@chrisr Your message has several mistakes. What translator have you used? 

And his name is Juan Vicente, not Juan Vincente.

diego reacted
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Thanks Siam

i used a google translator which appeared to have it “word perfect” based on what I was trying to say.

I basically typed in the words in English and that’s what came back - including the misspelt name.

If you have any suggestions I’m very happy to consider them.

diego reacted
 siam
(@siam)
Fan

Posted by: @chrisr

Thanks Siam

i used a google translator which appeared to have it “word perfect” based on what I was trying to say.

I basically typed in the words in English and that’s what came back - including the misspelt name.

If you have any suggestions I’m very happy to consider them.

Here you have your message, well written:

Querido Juan Vicente

Te envío mi mensaje desde Australia, y en nombre de todos los de aquí, me gustaría felicitarte en tu 114 cumpleaños.

Tu fe en Dios, tu felicidad y tu maravillosa larga vida son una inspiración para muchas personas.

Te deseo todo lo mejor para hoy y para muchos años futuros.

Feliz Cumpleaños, Juan Vicente.

Chris Redman

Australia

ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Hi Siam

i would like to thank you very much for your assistance in fixing my message up.

I did try another translator which gave me a different version again and even that one was quite different to the correct one that you have assisted me with.

So thank you so much for your help here.

siam and diego reacted
EstebanGonzalez
(@estebangonzalez)
Fan
Topic starter  

Dear All, I would like to remind you that tomorrow the 24th is the last day to send your birthday wishes

diego and Ale76 reacted
Share: