Guadalupe Garcia (MEX, 1904?-Present)

4 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Mrs. Guadalupe Garcia who is from Mexico, claims to have been born on December 12, 1904. If this is true, she would be 118 years old, and the oldest living person in the world after the death of Mrs. Lucile Randon. She would also be the last documented person alive from 1904, and the 5th oldest person in history after Lucile Randon, Sarah Knauss, Kane Tanaka, and Jeanne Calment.

Mrs. Garcia also claims to have had 25 children. And she currently has her own "dessert stand" where she sells candies on the side of the road.

I have been in contact with the news station and the news reporter who have interviewed her. They say she is interested in applying for the Guinness World Record. I spoke with them today, and let them know that the cost to apply is completely free of charge. I also let them know that the GRG and LongeviQuest are the 2 companies that validate supercentenariansย  I sent them a link via Facebook about 10 minutes ago.

They are going to interview her again tomorrow and help her apply.

Yes, the chances of her being 118 is very slim, probably 10% or less, but it is not outside the realm of possibility. I am going to contact them again the day after tomorrow to see if they went through with the application and how everything went. I will let you know what comes from this, but cross your fingers! ✌ย ย 

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @aquanaut

I also let them know that the GRG and LongeviQuest are the 2 companies that validate supercentenariansย  I sent them a link via Facebook about 10 minutes ago.

There's also LAS, no? Or has it already been subsumed under LQ?

Anyway, still working at age 118 really is impressive, but of course I do suspect that she's younger. Would be cool if she will indeed turn out to be a real/true SC, though, even if almost certainly younger than 118.

ย 

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Just wanted to update you on Mrs. Garcia.ย 

Last I heard from the news station was on 14 February 2023. At that time they were looking into the GRG and the other organizations and talking to Mrs. Garcia's family about applying for her age to be validated. I don't know if they actually did apply and submit her documents, but I contacted them again this morning asking how she is doing, if they had any additional questions about the GSF, and if they had submitted her documentation.ย 

I will let you know as soon as I hear something!ย 

In my opinion:

10% chance she's 118

60% chance she's younger than 118 but still an SC and possibly the doyenne of Mexico

30% chance she's younger than 110

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Guadalupe Garcia last confirmed alive to me privately via Facebook on 14 March 2023. The person who interviews her regularly was giving almost daily updates on her, but then stopped. I am no longer able to contact him, as his profile has been set to private. I think it's best I put this cast to rest for the time being. Hopefully something more comes out of it...

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: