6 Users
8 Likes
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

Nadezda Pavlovic and Aleksandar Vucic, President of Serbia

Birth:1 January 1912?
Visoko, Austria-Hungary (now Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Death:16 April 2021
Vracar, Belgrade, Serbia

Nadežda Pavlović [Serbian: Надежда Павловић]  (1 January 1912? – 16 April 2021) was a Bosnian-Serbian centenarian who was the oldest-known living person in Serbia at time of her death.

Biography

Nadežda Pavlović was allegedly born in Visoko, Austria-Hungary (now Bosnia and Herzegovina) on 1 January 1912. After finishing high school in Sarajevo and at the age of 14, she went to Belgrade to continue her studies at the Higher Pedagogical School. After completing her studies, she received a job in the village of Jaša Tomić, Sečanj, on the border with Romania. Nadezda was left alone when her husband left for military service.

Nadezhda was a friend of Serbian poet Desanka Maksimović. After retiring in 1974, her family moved to Belgrade. She had two children: Zeljku (aged 78 in 2020) and Radmila (aged 75 in 2020), four grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren.

She became the claimed oldest known living person in the Serbia following the death of 108-year-old Darinka Jandric on 4 February 2019.

Pavlovic died in Vracar, Belgrade, Serbia during the night of 16 April 2021 at the claimed age of 109 years, 105 days. Following her death, then-109-year-old Tamara Krutikov became the oldest known living person in Serbia.

Sources:

(@ryoung122)
Senior Consultant for Gerontology, Guinness World Records

January 1 is often a day that is an artificial date of birth.

Also, considering the Julian/Gregorian calendar issue...might question whether this woman was born Jan 1 or Jan 14 1912.

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@ryoung122 Do you have any reason to question her being born on 1 January? Considering that she doesn't appear to have been a refugee or from a poor socioeconomic background it appears unlikely that this is the case.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@ryoung122 According to the ID card, it says that the date of birth is 01.01.1912.

ReplyQuote
(@coyote77)
Fan

Posted by: @930310

@ryoung122 Do you have any reason to question her being born on 1 January? Considering that she doesn't appear to have been a refugee or from a poor socioeconomic background it appears unlikely that this is the case.

We had that SC from Barbados (Louise Thorne) who Robert was doubtful because she claimed birthdate on 1 January. Stefan found her birth record and turns out she was the age claimed and really born on 1 January. In fact, I just realized someone removed my edits a month ago on Gerontology Wiki and edit it the page again as if she was a fake claim. 

Mendocino, Amck, heatwave116 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Added more caution.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

Would the president of a state declare a person with a question mark as the oldest in the state...

https://www.alo.rs/vesti/politika/nadezda-pavlovic-je-rodena-1-januara-1912-predsednik-joj-tek-danas-cestitao-postoji-objasnjenje/280460/vest

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @dejan

Would the president of a state declare a person with a question mark as the oldest in the state...

https://www.alo.rs/vesti/politika/nadezda-pavlovic-je-rodena-1-januara-1912-predsednik-joj-tek-danas-cestitao-postoji-objasnjenje/280460/vest

Yes, they would, if they don't have all the information. Consider how Nabi Tajima (from Japan, the country with supposedly the best registration in the world) was declared the oldest living person in Japan - and even in the WORLD - even though it later turned out she may have been a year younger. Presidents don't verify citizens' ages. Researchers do.

Overduidelijk misschien.

930310, Dejan and Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

@marco Thanks.

@dejan See Marco's post, that's reasonable argumentation.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@admin Hundreds of centenarians from the rural world were not documented at all (which is normal because it is a person under 110), so they were not marked with a question mark...

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

@dejan See this post.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@admin Ok, I got the point, I just don't understand how I can make up information about her when there are dozens of reports about her, which confirm what I stated...

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

@dejan

To quote @seto2001 's post from another thread:

You've literally claimed before how she [Admin: Velika Sabeva] was born 22 Aug 1904 (not 1902 as she claimed), and that she died on 21 Oct 2012 at 108 years, 60 days (as seen on Gerontology Wiki). 

That's why.

And as for now, let's return to what this topic is supposed to be about.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@admin I already said that it was incorrect and that it was my fault, there is no proof that she was born in 1904, and as for the date of death, it was based on the obituary of a woman with the same first and last name, who died then, and there is no connection at all with her, it's about another person from another city...

ReplyQuote
Share: