Off-Topic Posts

72 Posts
18 Users
104 Likes
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher
Topic starter  

@josia9353 Ok, wow. I didn't realize the whole concept of pharsing one's sentences politely and clearly was something that required explanation. It is such a basic feature – although nowadays less and less, it seems.

PS: No, I don't think it's a cultural or a "different Internet bubble" thing. There are other members who are just like you in their parameters (well-educated Western men aware of Internet culture), yet you're the only one among them whose posts are... obscure, to say the least.

PPS: I'm a member, and I don't view myself as weird in any sense. Thank you.

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

diego, Ryoung122, Ollie and 2 people reacted
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

True, true. I was a little offended by your previous post. (I sometimes put a lot of work in some of these posts, and it's never nice to read negative evaluations.) But I shouldn't have been. This is the Internet, written text comes across much harsher than spoken words, which naturally goes for my own posts as well—something I probably realise too little. But, flawed as I may be, I mean no ill will. I hope you believe that. 

PS: I'm fine with my posts being obscure. I'm a big proponent of reacquainting people with old ideas, or inviting them to check out new ones. I always try to keep on the right side of the boundary of intelligibility. Please let me know next time I cross it. 

PPS: Hmmm, that I find hard to believe. It would make you weird for sure! It's a common fact that "People who are normal, are only those people you don't know very well/intimately." A wise man once said: "Know thyself". And if you know yourself, you know just how weird you are. (I'll just speak for myself in this instance ;))

ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

Posted by: @record_116

I just confirmed that this forum has now "dark mode". It looks cool.

@josia9353 : What you are country from? I'm just curious. In your profile page, you are from Netherlands, but in The 110 Club online user page, Polish flag are shown with your user-name.

Ahh, I might have been on a VPN when I registered on that forum... Been to Poland only once, but that was at least a year earlier. 

ReplyQuote
(@ryoung122)
Senior Consultant for Gerontology, Guinness World Records

@josia9353 

If Tamas chooses to view himself as 'not weird' we should respect that choice.

ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

@ryoung122 In my book, being weird is not just non-pejorative, but tantamount to an expletive :p

Then again, I'm weird even as weird people go ;). It was therefore meant to be the opposite of judgemental :p

ReplyQuote
(@ryoung122)
Senior Consultant for Gerontology, Guinness World Records

@josia9353 You really made this difficult, but the bottom line stands: if each person gets to identify as their own choosing and Tamas chooses to identify as "not weird" then we should respect that as his personal choice.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Hey I was just wanted to let everyone know I just posted a lot of pictures of SCs. If someone could please add these to the gerontology fandom site, I would greatly appreciate it! I would not have a clue how to do it. 

Also, I think its time that Mr. Elias Chavez Alvarez (1908?-Present) deserves to get a page on the gerontology fandom site as well! I think he's a very underrated longevity claimant. I've tried to find evidence either supporting or debunking his case, but it appears I can't find either. His case is very mysterious to me. 114 is an advanced age for a male, but not outside the realm of possibility! If someone could create a page for him, I would very much appreciate that as well!

Thank you!

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

diego and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know I am back to posting on this forum again. It's great to be a part of the gsf again. Special thanks to everyone who encouraged me to come back, and to all your kindness on here. 

While I will be posting again, I probably won't be posting as much as I used to. I realize a lot of my posts weren't exactly the most relevant, and I want to strive to give you fellow members good content. A lot of my research on unvalidated SCs like Mr. Jose Flores Flores and Mrs. Batuli Lamichhane is on a standstill, because I'm still waiting to hear back from their families/local news stations. I'm not going to continue asking them for updates, as I don't want to bother them. I will let them reply to me on their time. That's why I don't really have anything new to post. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyways I hope everyone on the forum is doing good! I've seen people on here working very hard and it's so awesome to see all these new SCs get validated! Cheers to our forum and its hard working members! Anyways thanks for being here:)

ChrisR and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

@aquanaut_chalk welcome back, my friend!

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego and Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know something I noticed. When Mr. Garcia's verification goes through we'll have 3 men over 113 that are validated! First time since the early 2010s. And if Mr. Otilio Dominguez gets validated, when his birthday comes around on June 15th, we'll have 4 men over 113 that are validated! Imagine that!

2022: 2 validated women (Mrs. Tanaka & Mrs. Randon) over the age of 118.

2023: potential of 4 men to reach over 113.

I hope this is a sign that our medical care is taking a huge leap forward!

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

@aquanaut_chalk This topic is not about supercentenarians...

From me too, sorry if I've derailed the topic, but I have a thought about the font color of "admin" of this forum.

This color (See attach file

) is close to salmon pink, but rather a mysterious and strange color that I almost never seen before in my life lasted quarter of a century.

It attracts people's attention and is really suitable for administrator of such a forum site. A very nice choice of color. On the other hand, no offense but the color of The 110 Club administrator's font is closest to the color of human blood.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

The Emerald Campus is real thing... 😮 and it looks little similler with LongeviQuest logo.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

This is probably most amazing and fantastic video at YouTube, worth for seeing it everyone in the world.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@metajore)
Supercentenarian Fan

@record_116 You should watch these too if your mind is not blown enough.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LsQR2gHQYUc&pp=ygUWQmlnZ2VzdCBudW1iZXJzIHBhcnQgMQ%3D%3D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-OMTybUm1sI&pp=ygUWQmlnZ2VzdCBudW1iZXJzIHBhcnQgMQ%3D%3D

https://googology.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_googolisms  

I have just gotten past Knuth's arrow notation numbers, but I still don't understand the BEAF function.

diego and Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Thanks, I like those kind of videos. The elevator video which I posted is really fantastic one.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Just wanted to let everyone know, I made my own version of the oldest living men which I have included unvalidated and questionable claims. These are just my personal thoughts on the matter.

S. Jose Flores Flores, 115, (Born: 11 July 1907)

?. Anonymous from Brazil, 115, (Born: 13 March, 1908)

1. Juan Vicente Pérez Mora, 113, (Born: 27 May, 1909)

S. Zhang Deshan, 113/114, (Born: 1909)

2. Eusebio Quintero Lopez, 113, (Born: 06/15 March, 1910)

S. Seliman Bandang, 113, (Born: 21 March, 1910)

P. Efrain Antonio Rios Garcia, 113, (Born: 04/10 April, 1910)

D. Otilio Dominguez Santos, 112, (Born: 15 June, 1910)

S. Lorenzo Cayunao Millan, 112, (Born: 17 June, 1910)

D. Yang Longsheng, 112, (Born: 13 December, 1910)

S. Carlos Julio Rincon Garzon, 112, (Born: 24 December, 1910)

S. Francis Zouein, 112, (Born: 01 January, 1911)

D. Gonçalino Norberto, 111, (Born: 08 August, 1911)

D. Gisaburo Sonobe, 111, (Born: 06 November, 1911)

3. Reuben Sinclair, 111, (Born: 05 December, 1911)

D = Documented or Partially Documented but Unvalidated
S = Skeptical and Unvalidated
P = Pending

My personal thoughts on these cases:

Mr. Flores Flores, 115: Plausible. I haven't seen any evidence against him, but 115 is a very advanced age for a male. Does have some decent documentation, but we have to rule out an accidental identity switch. Should be further researched in my opinion.

Anonymous from Brazil, 115: This case was just brought to my knowledge. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say his name on here, but I did find out he was researched on the110club. Don't know what came of the research. Should be investigated further.

Zhang Deshan, 113: No idea. Could be the age claimed, but I haven't found a single piece of evidence to prove or disprove his claimed age.

Seliman Bandang, 113: To my knowledge there has been no evidence against Mr. Bandang, although he does look suspiciously young for an SC. Should be investigated further.

Otilio Dominguez Santos, 112: True. I think Mr. Dominguez Santos is a true case. 99.9% sure he's the age claimed, and I hope he gets validated soon.

Lorenzo Cayunao Millan, 112: Doubtful. When you take into consideration the claimed ages of his brother and sister, they would be less than 7 months apart. Probably not 112.

Yang Longsheng, 112: True. Personally I believe Mr. Longsheng's age is true based on the documentation he has. Although I've never actually "seen" this documentation, there is no evidence against him. I'm just going to make a wild statement and say I wouldn't be surprised if he was up to 2 years older. Considering he has a daughter that is 93/94, that would've made him only 18/19 when his daughter was born. Wouldn't be shocked if his actual date of birth was 1908/1909.

Carlos Julio Rincon Garzon, 112: Doubtful. Researchers have found out he was likely born in 1915 and is only 107. However, it has not been totally 100% proven that he's 107. Further investigating needed.

Francis Zouein, 112: I personally think Mr. Zouein was born in 1911 like he claims, but it's unlikely he was born on January 1st. He was likely born sometime in 1911, but didn't know the actual day, so his ID card was just registered as January 1st. It's also possible but more unlikely that he was born in 1910 and in the same scenario didn't know the actual day, so he just put down his date of birth as January 01, 1911. I think most likely he's 111, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he turns out to be 112 or even 113. On the other hand, I also wouldn't be too shocked if he wasn't an SC yet.

Gonçalino Norberto, 111: Seems true. He apparently has lots of documentation. However, I find it unusual that at 111 he is still plowing fields, chopping firewood, and gardening. This is an unusual feat for a person his age. Needs to be investigated further. If he is actually 111, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it to 117/118.

diego and Metajore reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Just wanted to ask for my own personal curiosity, who are the oldest SCs that are actually considered plausible? For men, the oldest plausible case that I know of is Mr. Anisio R. Alves, but is there actually any older? The oldest I've seen for women to be considered plausible is Mrs. Du Pinhua, but are there some older than Calment? Just for my own personal curiosity. It's hard to differentiate the plausible cases on the gerontology fandom site, from the obviously false ones, as it still lists people like Mr. Jesus Arenas as plausible, when I know it is a proven fact that he has been debunked. Plus it does not list the plausible claims who are 110-115. There could be a man out there older than Mora, or in the top 5 oldest living men that's not been discovered yet, or a woman under 113 that's the doyenne of her country but hasn't been found yet. 

It's very interesting for me to research cases that are plausible, and bring to light more evidence that support these cases. 

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Today, if Lucile Randon alive she would be 119 years and 98 days, surpassed Sarah Knauss' age, but this didn't happen. (This fact was posted elsewhere by other Japanese member, so it's not my discovery.)

She had to outlive Nina Willis to come in the third oldest validated person ever.

WellAbove110 and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

So, today if Lucile Randon still alive, she would be 119 years and 108 days, surpassed Kane Tanaka's ultimately age and with Jeanne Calment would be all-time No.1 and No.2 were both French.

She had to outlive Hazel Plummer to come in the second oldest validated person ever.

diego and WellAbove110 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@record_116 It didn’t happen so don’t dwell on it. Instead, be amazed by how long Ms. Randon actually lived.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

And grateful that we have two 116 year old women and three men over 113.0.

There have been long periods in the last decade or a bit more, when we had neither.

WellAbove110 and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @930310

@record_116 It didn’t happen so don’t dwell on it. Instead, be amazed by how long Ms. Randon actually lived.

Especially considering that she said that she wanted to die at age 115. And yet she almost reached age 119!

diego and Metajore reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@930310 I like your use of the word "dwell" lol.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

I was just stating the facts, no malicious intentions. It was a post about milestones like the 5th anniversary of Emma Morano's death. I'm a bit confused about how to react to comments like "lol", and to be honest I'm a little sad.

As one of a moderator, I would appreciate if Ms. 930310 could use a bit softer language, including words like "please", rather than commanding-like words.

Sorry if my first comment was insensitive, but I hope people here on this forum don't overreact or bully me too much (I was temporarily supporting Robert Young, I apologize for this , but I think it's a different issue).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

[quote data-userid="30" data-postid="11164"

As one of a moderator, I would appreciate if Ms. 930310 could use a bit softer language, including words like "please", rather than commanding-like words.

Sorry if my first comment was insensitive, but I hope people here on this forum don't overreact or bully me too much (I was temporarily supporting Robert Young, I apologize for this , but I think it's a different issue).

Edit: Above Quote from Record 116

Honestly I feel the exact same way. Some people on here can be absolutely bullies. I've even gotten some personal private messages of mean comments from people on here. I'm not going to reveal names, because you know who you are. I try to be a decent guy, and revealing your names would be just pure rude. I don't want to sink to your level, because I wouldn't want to be thought of as a bully, coward, and a tyrant. I don't even think these people that did it even realize they have hurt other people's feelings due to arrogance and them being in over their head. 

I don't agree that we should even have moderators, because we'll fall victim to the same trap that the pour souls on the 110club dealt with concerning one certain man. Not all moderators are bad, but one rotten apple ruins the whole barrel. Why should some people get to wear stars of gold, while the rest of us wear stripes of red??? Anyway we're getting off topic again. @record_116 if you'd like someone to talk to about this kind of thing, my messages are always open. Feel free to send me a pm anytime. Have a great day!

Edit: OOPS I spelled "pour" instead of poor. Sorry if I made someone lose their temper 🙁  (sarcasm in case you couldn't tell...)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
 siam
(@siam)
Fan

Posted by: @futurist

Posted by: @930310

Especially considering that she said that she wanted to die at age 115. And yet she almost reached age 119!

I don't think saying that is important. Many old people are often like this: they say that they are tired and that they would like to die soon, but they keep going for several years more...

This is the case of María Branyas too. If you read the tweets of María Branyas, she also tends to be pessimistic, saying that she has lived a long life and that she is preparing to die soon. But she is keep going and she is still healthy and active...

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
 siam
(@siam)
Fan

Posted by: @record_116

I was just stating the facts, no malicious intentions. It was a post about milestones like the 5th anniversary of Emma Morano's death. I'm a bit confused about how to react to comments like "lol", and to be honest I'm a little sad.

I think 930310 was just saying that, as Lucile Randon didn't reach Kane Tanaka's final age, it can be a waste of time to calculate when would have reached her age, as she didn't reach it. And I don't think she is not respectful to you, she is just giving her opinion.

Anyway, Lucile was  really close to the final ages of Sarah Knauss and Kane Tanaka (and she died few months ago), so the information you have brought could be interesting. But calculating, for instance, when Lucile would reach Jeanne Calment's final age is definitely a waste of time, as the final gap between them is of more than three years...

diego and Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@aquanaut_chalk comparing me saying that you should refrain from publicly saying that you are disappointed that a person didn’t live long enough to surpass some arbitrary milestone to ryoung122 handing out warnings right and left for disagreeing with him is not very encouraging.

Metajore reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@930310 uh what?

Metajore and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Oops, Guinness World Records 2024 still not published but it come in September (Comment fixed)

Guinness Book 2024  https://www.amazon.com/Guinness-World-Records-2024/dp/1913484378

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: