Notifications
Clear all

Ramona Casamayor de Medina (VEN, 1910?-present)

11 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

https://gerontology.fandom.com/wiki/Ramona_Casamayor_de_Medina

I have found that on her page it says she went limbo in 2021, but it also says she was privately confirmed to have celebrated her 113th birthday in 2023, which is quite confusing

If her case is true she is the second-oldest person in Venezuela after JVPM

diego reacted
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

Posted by: @mrcatlord

I have found that on her page it says she went limbo in 2021, but it also says she was privately confirmed to have celebrated her 113th birthday in 2023, which is quite confusing

She still hasn't entered Limbo as she was last confirmed in April after turning 113, there are no new pictures or other information about her, Stefan (@seto2001) confirmed to me earlier this year that she turned 113 and is not in Limbo, because I had the same opinion about her going to limbo, so I asked him, he said that her claimed 113th birthday has been confirmed privately.

ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dejan

She still hasn't entered Limbo as she was last confirmed in April after turning 113, there are no new pictures or other information about her, Stefan (@seto2001) confirmed to me earlier this year that she turned 113 and is not in Limbo, because I had the same opinion about her going to limbo, so I asked him, he said that her claimed 113th birthday has been confirmed privately.

Her page has been edited now so it doesn’t say limbo anymore

There are a few other 1910 claims still listed on the wiki OLP list including some Latin American cases and some Chinese cases too, and also Concepcion Alarcon Vega born in 1909, I think a lot of those people have not been confirmed alive in a while

Edit: All of the cases not confirmed alive in the past year have been removed (finally)

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

There are a few other 1910 claims still listed on the wiki OLP list including some Latin American cases and some Chinese cases too, and also Concepcion Alarcon Vega born in 1909, I think a lot of those people have not been confirmed alive in a while

Most of the Latin American case researchers (including myself) have stopped editing the Gerontology Wiki ever since Waclaw banned us as sources, so many of the articles becoming out of date and unreliable is only a natural consequence of that. The extreme decline in quality of the wiki since the start of 2023 is a perfect illustration of what happens when all non-GRG sources are excluded.  

Francisca Mangonez was also recently listed as "limbo" on her article, despite being confirmed alive recently, while many deceased cases are still listed as living.

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mendocino

Most of the Latin American case researchers (including myself) have stopped editing the Gerontology Wiki ever since Waclaw banned us as sources, so many of the articles becoming out of date and unreliable is only a natural consequence of that. The extreme decline in quality of the wiki since the start of 2023 is a perfect illustration of what happens when all non-GRG sources are excluded.  

Francisca Mangonez was also recently listed as "limbo" on her article, despite being confirmed alive recently, while many deceased cases are still listed as living.

Has Concepcion Alarcon been confirmed alive in the past year?

It is very annoying how outdated and unreliable the wiki has become with sources

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

No, but since there aren't very many posts about her on social media, that doesn't necessarily mean she isn't still alive. 

But I don't think there's any reason to believe that her case is particularly plausible, at least compared to the other remaining 1909 claims. 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

I just realized I made this thread in the “gallery” section. How do you move the thread?

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

@mrcatlord Topic moved to the right section.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

No, but since there aren't very many posts about her on social media, that doesn't necessarily mean she isn't still alive. 

But I don't think there's any reason to believe that her case is particularly plausible, at least compared to the other remaining 1909 claims. 

I'm also noting potential blatantly false info. Like the article on Virginia Atkinson-Johnson claims she died in February 2023 but I...can't find anything mentioning this anywhere?

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

Posted by: @sailor-haumea

Like the article on Virginia Atkinson-Johnson claims she died in February 2023 but I...can't find anything mentioning this anywhere?

Virginia Atkinson-Johnson is not in limbo, her great-granddaughter confirmed that she died in February 2023 at the claimed age of 110:

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: