Kosovo

35 Posts
8 Users
29 Likes
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

This topic is dedicated to people who lived or are currently living in the territory of present-day Kosovo and who have claimed to have reached the age of 106 or over!

seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan

I found this supercentenarian claimant on Facebook:

Sherife Ninaj from Arbanë, Prizren, claimed to have been born on 13 May 1907 in the village of Milaj [wiki], Kosovo.
She passed away on 8 March 2020, at the claimed age of 112 (the post about her death mentions she was actually 110, possibly a mistake).

13 May 2019:

"Kjo eshte nenlokja Sherife Ninaj nga fshati Milaj i Hasit.Ajo tani jeton ne Arbane.Ajo ndoshta eshte edhe banorja me vjeter e Hasit,mos e Kosoves.Ajo ka tashme hiq me pak se 112 vjet,datelindja e saj shenon 13.05.1907.Edhepse memorien e ka paksa te dobesuar,ajo gezon shendet te plote.Respekt te pafund per kete nenloke!"

8 Mar 2020:

"Nderroi jete nenlokja 110 vjeçare,Sherife Ninaj,nga Arbana.Ngushllime familjes Ninaj!"

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

ArthurBrazil and Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

Today I checked the case of Sheriff Ninaj, according to the register of deceased persons from the territory of the Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija, it is written in the registrar's system that she was born on 13 May 1910. , and died on 8 March 2020. which makes her 109 years, 300 days old at the time of her death. (So ​​1907, is just her claim for which there is no evidence).

Sherife Ninaj (13.05.1910-08.03.2020), 109 years, 299 days, according to the data in the registry office and in the register of deceased persons from the territory of the Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

Bahtije Idrizi (born 06.05.1915),  Confirmed alive at 107 (on her 107th birthday on 6 May 2022), Living in Kosovska Mitrovica, Kosovo. She is currently the third oldest living person in Kosovo. / Source 06.05.2022:

ArthurBrazil and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

Update: add, Shehide Osmani - Nura (21.03.1913.–15.10.2021.), 108 years, 208 days. She lived in the village of Aqarevo near Skenderaj, Kosovo. At the time of her death she was the second oldest living person in Kosovo, behind Xhemile Susuri.

Photo on her 104th birthday in 2017

SOURCES;

104th birthday and video at 102.; (in Albanian).

104th birthday in 2017; (in Serbian).

Death mention on 15 October 2021, Facebook post

ArthurBrazil reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

Xhemile Susuri (1910-2022) is now partially documented. Her grandson sent me the documentation he had on hand via Facebook today. Birth record, death record, old ID card and new ID card. Also in the village of Zhur near Prizren, the remaining documentation such as wedding records and passports remained in her house...

930310, EstebanGonzalez, ArthurBrazil and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @dejan

New details about Xhemile Kaloshi Susuri. Family tree and data on parents, siblings.

[By @seto2001: The post was moved to the trusted member section of the forum since it contained documentation that probably should not be public.]

So her parents were 12 and 14 when she was born...?

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@mendocino Just that, but the Documentation says so, a little strange. However, it is not clear in the record of the birth of her parents whether it says 1885 and 1887 or 1895 and 1897. 

ReplyQuote
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan

I moved the post with the documentation to the trusted member section of the forum. Documents should probably not be posted publicly here.

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@seto2001 Her ID card was made public when she was still alive...

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

@mendocino Just that, but the Documentation says so, a little strange. However, it is not clear in the record of the birth of her parents whether it says 1885 and 1887 or 1895 and 1897. (This is the first Document in the picture)

It seems very unlikely that her mother was born a decade earlier than 1897, since she had a son born 1936. The 15 year gap in births between Hane and Gani is also very suspicious, and makes me believe that Xhemile and her sister both exaggerated their ages by about a decade, especially when taking into account the apparent ages of her parents. 

Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@mendocino Her husband died in 1984 (she was over 70 at the time, she did not need to increase her age due to retirement). It's hard to say...

We'll see what further research shows. So far, there is no evidence that she was younger, except that her parents gave birth at the age of 15 and 13... 

Her family claims that she is the oldest person of Albanian nationality in history. 

Also from the family said that there is a possibility that she was 2 years younger, (10 years younger for the family is scandalous, they do not accept it), Her descendants claim that she was between 109 and 112 years old, they say they will try to establish the correct age.

• Her father Selman Kaloshi was born on 6 April 1895.

• Her mother Mere Kaloshi was born on 3 May 1897.

• Her husband Rasim Susuri was born on 17 April 1895. He died on 29  November 1984.

(Her husband was 15 years older than her)...

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

There is an original record of a change of citizenship from 1932. (It is written that she was 20 at the time, and her husband Rasim Susuri was 37 in September 1932) She was probably born in 1912.

According to her grandson, she claimed that her mother gave birth to her when she was 15, and that her husband Rasim Susuri was 17 years older than her (there is evidence that her husband Rasim Susuri was born on 17 April 1895).

Xhemile kept her birth name after marriage, there is no evidence of Xhemile Susuri (Xhemile Susuri does not exist), Xhemile Kaloshi writes everywhere (known as Xhemile Kaloshi Susuri)... Her first child was born in 1937 (a son who died as a child, and then her currently eldest living daughter, born in 1941) / After her daughter, other children were born (a total of 10 children, until she gave birth to a male child).

Since 1932. She has lived in the village of Zhur, Prizren, Kosovo....

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@dejan It seems plausible that she inflated her age due to her husband being much older and marrying at a young age. What the family can accept or not isn't really relevant since it's about what can be proven. Age exaggeration can happen for many reasons.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@930310 Her husband Rasim Susuri was 37 when he got married, she was 20 at the time (September 1932) ./ (there is evidence that Radim Susuri was born in 1894 / he was born in Prizren municipality).

It all seems a little suspicious, but I don't know what to say.

There are two suggestions

1) • To be considered as, She was born in 1912 (claimed 1910).

2) It is not possible to determine the exact age.

• I would rather solve it in the easiest way possible (Born 1912 "Status" Centenarian "and finished story).

I will wait a little longer to see what the family will say, because they are convinced that at the time of her death she was between 109 and 112 years old. (Some family members claim as much as 114 / or two years plus or minus). It is quite certain that she was not a supercentenarian. (There is no chance that she was born in 1910 / exactly that, Father's date of birth and Mother's date of birth)...

If her family agrees with the date of birth from the document from 1932. Then she will finish this topic the best, the easiest and best way ... 109 years, 332 days. And done...

She received her first ID card in 1992 (when the ID card law was introduced). Then the date of birth was asked on the basis of two witnesses and on the basis of testimony...

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@dejan The evidence for her being 109 is still weak. It is possible that she was barely a centenarian. Original early-life evidence is needed to verify any claim, even if it's just to 105+.

Chris reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@930310 There are no original records from Albania (all newer copies). The only original record is from Prizren from 1932 (wedding certificate). She writes in the marriage certificate (1912), and her husband  (1895).

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

@dejan So she was married in 1932 and had her first child in 1937, right? What if she married to her husband as a child/early teen, and to cover that, her age was inflated in the record to 20, and had used that made-up year of birth of 1912 ever since? If she was like 12-13 at the time of her wedding, that might explain why they waited until 1937 with their first child. Remember, she had 10 children in total, so it would be highly unlikely to have had her first child at 25. This scenario would also explain why her family is so upset about her possible debunking: they might feel shame because Xhelime was given to her husband at such a young age.

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

Chris reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@024tomi It is very interesting why they waited until 1937 to give birth to their first child. I need to check when the last child was born. She allegedly had two other children before him who died as babies (a son born in 1937. died around 1940 / and a year later her currently oldest living daughter was born, and then the other 7 or 8 children (born after 1941).. .

She gave birth to a total of 10 children (including a son who died as a child). Two children born before 1937 (between 1933 and 1936) were dead in the womb and were not even born. .after all that she had problems and could not get pregnant and give birth to a new child. After a short time, the official first child was born (son, but he died at the age of about 3). Then she gave birth to children one after the other until she gave birth to a male child again...

Everything must be checked in detail. (If her youngest child was born in the 1960s, then everything is clear). if the last child was born before 1960. Then ok. I'll ask them about it.

She claimed that she was 20 years old when she came to the village of Zhur, Prizren, (she had not married before)..

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@024tomi Her youngest child is currently 58, while her currently oldest living daughter is 80. This supports the fact that she was not born in 1910, also considering the age of her parents. (There is no evidence that she was born after 1912 ../ 1912 is the latest that can be said, because there is no evidence that she was born after 1912). I note that I hope that it is clear to everyone that her birth in 1910 is impossible. So she was not supercentenarian. Her maximum age is 109 years and 332 days.

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

@dejan That settles it... born between 1918-1922. (married in 1932, last child in 1963/1964.) 

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@024tomi Compared to other cases, it is possible that she gave birth to a child at the age of 51. Below notice.

1) Muška Porobić (Bosnia and Herzegovina) / She claimed to have been born in 1910 / (accepted in 1912). The first child was born in 1962 and the last in 1963 (both sons died in the 1990s). Gave birth to a child with 50/51

2) Djurdja Stojković (Serbia) / She claims that she was born in 1908 /(Accepted in 1913)./ First child born in 1929 / Last son born in 1963., Gave birth to a child with 49 years

3) Xhemile Kaloshi Susuri (Kosovo), Claimed to be born 1910. /(1912), The first child born in 1937. The last child born in 1963. Gave birth to a child with 50/51

And let me remind you, no one checked when the last child of Sofia Rojas from Colombia, was born.

Sofia Rojas (Colombia), 1907. First child born 1937 (same as Xhemile). Officially married in 1953. Question WHEN HER LAST CHILD WAS BORN. She was also 45+ when she gave birth, so it is possible that the previously mentioned three women gave birth to a child with 45+ Just like Sofia Rojas...

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

@024tomi Compared to other cases, it is possible that she gave birth to a child at the age of 51. Below notice.

1) Muška Porobić (Bosnia and Herzegovina) / She claimed to have been born in 1910 / (accepted in 1912). The first child was born in 1962 and the last in 1963 (both sons died in the 1990s). Gave birth to a child with 50/51

2) Djurdja Stojković (Serbia) / She claims that she was born in 1908 /(Accepted in 1913)./ First child born in 1929 / Last son born in 1963., Gave birth to a child with 49 years

3) Xhemile Kaloshi Susuri (Kosovo), Claimed to be born 1910. /(1912), The first child born in 1937. The last child born in 1963. Gave birth to a child with 50/51

And let me remind you, no one checked when the last child of Sofia Rojas from Colombia, was born.

Sofia Rojas (Colombia), 1907. First child born 1937 (same as Xhemile). Officially married in 1953. Question WHEN HER LAST CHILD WAS BORN. She was also 45+ when she gave birth, so it is possible that the previously mentioned three women gave birth to a child with 45+ Just like Sofia Rojas...

No one is claiming that it's impossible for a woman to give birth aged ~50 - it's just exceedingly rare, to the point where any female SC claimant with children close to 50 years younger than them should be questionable until proven otherwise, especially if they're from a region where age inflation is common.

Besse Cooper gave birth to her youngest daughter, Nancy, in 1944 when she was 48, and I don't know about any older SC birth mothers.

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rich_villa)
Very cool haha

Besse Cooper had her last at 48 if I am not mistaken, but THREE BALKAN CLAIMS OVER 108 THAT HAD CHILDREN AFTER 48 IS JUST A WAY TO DISPROVE THEM EVEN MORE

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@mendocino Exactly that, but Muška Porobić, Djurdja Stojković and Xhemile Kaloshi Susuri are not SC seekers and can remain as "Centenarian" although it seems a little suspicious, but it may be true...

But compared to other cases, and now Besse Cooper, it is possible that these three women gave birth to a child at similar ages...

I personally know a woman who was born in 1929 and gave birth to a son at the age of 49...

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@rich_villa Yes, these three women are from the Balkans, but I can't find evidence that they were younger. Muška Porobić (-2 years). Djurdja Stojkovic (-5 years). Xhemile Kaloshi (-2 years). That is how much it can be said that they were younger than the claim. For now there is no evidence that they were younger than the stated years). Especially Djurdja Stojković, the eldest daughter born in 1929 (So there is no chance that Djurdja was born after 1913)...

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

@rich_villa Yes, these three women are from the Balkans, but I can't find evidence that they were younger. Muška Porobić (-2 years). Djurdja Stojkovic (-5 years). Xhemile Kaloshi (-2 years). That is how much it can be said that they were younger than the claim. For now there is no evidence that they were younger than the stated years). Especially Djurdja Stojković, the eldest daughter born in 1929 (So there is no chance that Djurdja was born after 1913)...

It would help if you approached your research from the other way around: not by beginning with the fact that they were "110 years old but now at least two years younger", but by beginning with no researched age to begin with. In that way, you can more objectively look for records that will not prove your hypothesis (meaning, now you're trying to find only those records that support your belief, which isn't a very scientific approach), but for records that will prove just how old these claimants were. (Maybe they were indeed 100+, but maybe they were younger than you want them to have been... and for now it seems you're not willing to believe they may have been any younger than, say, 108... even though no early-life documentation has been found so far.)

My advice to you: let go of your preconceived ideas of these women's ages, and try and search for documents that could prove any possible age. That would be the way to go.

Overduidelijk misschien.

Mendocino reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@marco As for Xhemila Kaloshi Susuri there are no original records, all I received were new copies made after 1992 (the date of birth was recorded on the basis of two witnesses and on the basis of testimony, so I was told from her family).

Also recent copies of documents from Kukesi, Albania support the year of birth 1910. The question is whether there was a register in Kukesi, Albania at the time, but her family claims she was born 1910 or 1912.

• Her youngest child was born in 1963 (she was 53 at the time).
• It seems that she could not have been born in 1910.

- As for her parents, science has proven that a 13-year-old girl can give birth to a child, and her father was 15 at the time. (that would be accepted somehow), but plus the fact that her son was born in 1963 (and she was 53 at the time).

° I asked her family several times if she might have been 10 years younger, their answer was (possibly 2 years younger, 10 years not). They also say that for them, being 10-15 years younger is unacceptable and scandalous. They said that they would do their best to submit the original birth record from Kukesi Albania, which will confirm the year of birth 1910 or 1912 or something completely different. 

One example:

Today, when you go to the registrar and ask for a birth certificate, he will give you and write what you say, so her family has all the necessary documents (new copies with a stamp). But then, as now, everything is written on the basis of statements, that is, when issuing new copies, no one checks the original records...  So what you say when you enter the register will be written that way, and no one knows how accurate it is...

We should not forget that the previously mentioned three women are from the Balkans, where people increase their age for various reasons, and also in all three cases it turns out that they gave birth to a child at the age of 53...

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

@marco As for Xhemila Kaloshi Susuri there are no original records, all I received were new copies made after 1992 (the date of birth was recorded on the basis of two witnesses and on the basis of testimony, so I was told from her family).

Also recent copies of documents from Kukesi, Albania support the year of birth 1910. The question is whether there was a register in Kukesi, Albania at the time, but her family claims she was born 1910 or 1912.

• Her youngest child was born in 1963 (she was 53 at the time).
• It seems that she could not have been born in 1910.

- As for her parents, science has proven that a 13-year-old girl can give birth to a child, and her father was 15 at the time. (that would be accepted somehow), but plus the fact that her son was born in 1963 (and she was 53 at the time).

° I asked her family several times if she might have been 10 years younger, their answer was (possibly 2 years younger, 10 years not). They also say that for them, being 10-15 years younger is unacceptable and scandalous. They said that they would do their best to submit the original birth record from Kukesi Albania, which will confirm the year of birth 1910 or 1912 or something completely different. 

Of course her family would claim that her being at least a decade younger is unacceptable and scandalous; she was and is the pride of her family. However, age verification isn't about pleasing families and accepting their truth as THE truth. Age verification can be difficult and confronting at times, especially when families are disappointed because it turns out someone was (much) younger than claimed.

As you mention yourself, the oldest documents for this case are from 1992 - when Mrs Susuri was already older. She'll have had plenty of time to add a decade or two to her age, be it intentionally (she knew how old she was) or unintentionally (she had no clue how old she was). As it stands, with the oldest documents for this case being as recent as 1992, this woman's age is far from being verified. Instead, documents issued that late in life only add more suspicion and doubt to the claim itself.

Overduidelijk misschien.

930310 and Mendocino reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@marco Yes it is, it all depends on several factors. For example, she did not need to increase her age due to retirement because her husband Rasim Susuri died in 1984 (she was over 70 at the time), and he was born on 17 April 1895. (slightly older than her father).

It is difficult and far from validating, let alone revealing - debunking.

Imagine her family's goal is to stay on the list, "as the oldest person who ever lived in Kosovo", under number 1, even if it was 109th (although 109 is still in first place). For now it remains as it is, we will see what will happen in the next period, and whether her family will find anything more from the documentation, I say as you know all the newer copies are based on the testimony... 

Realistically, judging by her physical appearance, she didn't look like a super-centenarian to me. In her alleged 111th year, she was able to walk and do all the work without anyone's help, which is not very common with SC...

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: