Clear all

Inacia Carmelino (ANG/POR) - 111

5 Posts
5 Users
9 Likes
(@rich_villa)
Very cool haha
Topic starter  

Yesterday Inacia Carmelino of Portugal turned 111. She is the first Angolan-Portuguese supercentenarian and likely oldest person ever born in Angola. 

source: sic.pt/programas/julia/assistiu-a-primeira-ida-do-homem-a-lua-conheceu-10-papas-viu-cair-o-muro-de-berlim-inacia-carmelino-celebra-111-anos/

Marco, seto2001, Ale76 and 1 people reacted
heatwave116
(@heatwave116)
Fan

I wonder if it's possible to research her case.

Happy 111th birthday Inacia Carmelino!

ReplyQuote
(@coyote77)
Fan

Posted by: @heatwave116

I wonder if it's possible to research her case.

Happy 111th birthday Inacia Carmelino!

Her father was Portuguese, while her mother was Angolan (her granddaughter says in the video), so a baptismal record should probably exist. There is a lot of young photos of her when she used to live in Angola so she was obviously not born in an isolated village. 

Mendocino reacted
ReplyQuote
 siam
(@siam)
Fan

Happy birthday to the 3rd oldest known living person in Portugal!

ReplyQuote
Gabriel_PT
(@gabriel_pt)
Fan

Today I found out through a Facebook group that Mrs. Inácia Carmelino was born in Vila Nova, Huambo, Angola (then Portuguese Angola). It was her granddaughter who published this information when Inácia turned 106, in 2017.

Huambo was named Nova Lisboa (New Lisbon) between 1928 and 1975.

She is the oldest (known) living person from Portugal, following the death of Isabel Gomes Sarmento on 12 January 2023.

Amigos da VILA NOVA - HUAMBO | Minha Mãe e a figura Mais Ilustre k completou hoje 106 anos...a Nossa Avó... | Facebook

Amigos da VILA NOVA - HUAMBO | A Nossa Avó oriunda da Vila Nova, está de parabéns, completa hoje 106 anos...para Ela mtsssssssssss parabéns...chegar a esta idade e ser independe... | Facebook

ESO Correspondent for Portugal

diego, Dejan, ChrisR and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: