Julijana Zakrajšek (SVN) - 110

6 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

Julijana Zakrajšek, (born 28 October 1912), celebrated her 110th birthday and currently is the oldest living person in Slovenia, as well as the third oldest known person from Slovenia ever (behind Katarina Marinič and Niko Dragoš).

She was born in the small village of Opalkovo, municipality of Velika Lašče, Central Slovenia.

She never married or had children.

From the beginning of her working life until her retirement in 1970, she lived in Ljubljana, Slovenia. After retirement, she returned to her parents' household.

At the age of 95, she moved to the village of Podulaka, also in the municipality of Velike Lašče to her niece's house, but her niece died in the meantime, so she was left alone again.

She currently lives alone in house in a small village Podulaka in the Municipality of Velike Lašče, Central Slovenia at the age of 110.

Her recipe for longevity is said to be that she never married and not had to take care of children. She can still walk without assistance and is in relatively good health. Other relatives and their descendants, nephews, great-nephews and great-great-nephews visit her from time to time.

Gallery

On her 100th birthday in 2012

On her 105th birthday in 2017

On her 106th birthday in 2018

On her 106th birthday in 2018

On her 109th birthday in 2021

On her 110th birthday in 2022

110th birthday confrimed/ https://prvi.rtvslo.si/podkast/lokalni-junak/173251252/174909728

024Tomi and Marco reacted
AQ
 AQ
(@aq)
Fan

Happy birthday 110. She is very healthy and can still walk without aid. Amazing She still lives alone

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Does she have any documentation supporting her claim?

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  
Posted by: @930310

Does she have any documentation supporting her claim?

Her case would be a little more difficult to document because she has no close relatives, she has a total of 62 descendants from a total of 8 sisters that she had. All her sisters died, most of her nephews are in their late years, while the younger members (relatives) just shift the responsibility from one to the other, the excuse would be,, Why did you ask me, I am not her only relative, there are 62 more including all offspring together). I tried to contact several relatives via Facebook, but the answer was that Juliana does NOT have a guardian and that she still takes care of herself independently, and that all other relatives only visit her occasionally.

On the other hand, she never married and had no children, which supports the fact that the marriage certificate does not exist. As for birth records, they probably exist and are all preserved, the only thing is that they are hard to come by.

To be honest, it is not possible to document all people from all over the world over 110 years old, it is impossible and not feasible.

In this case, there is a great possibility to document it, but slowly, until the person who will be its guardian appears, for now it is completely independent. Another option is to ask the local authorities to help find the birth record, while the other documents would be the old and new ID.

So what could be found is:
1) Birth certificate
2) Old ID card
3) New ID card
.that is all that could be found in this case considering the course of her life.

I am not sure if there are documents available online from Slovenia. If there are, it would be great, if there aren't, only she or the person who is her guardian could get them (so far no one). or in the last case the representatives of the municipality who could receive the requested documentation in the registry office, and that is a big question mark as to whether they will even want to respond to request or not...

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@dejan thank you for your reply. Some church records from Slovenia are online at Matricula, but unfortunately they only go up to 1908 for her area. It appears that there is a 100 year confidentiality rule, so one should be able to get her potential birth registration by contacting the church she was christened in.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian
Topic starter  

@930310 She had eight siblings: four sisters and four brothers, (not eight sisters as I previously mentioned), considering that she was born in the village of Opalkovo, municipality of Velike Lašče. She should have been baptized in the local church closest to that residence at the time. For now, the name of the church where she was baptized is not known. If I find out more I will post here.

Do we have a member of the forum from Slovenia, if there is one, he could do everything over the phone, that's how I worked for most cases from my country and region where the same language is spoken. Unfortunately I don't know how to speak Slovenian, only with the help of Google Translate. Again I say it's worth nothing for now, because the name of the church where she was baptized is currently unknown.

ReplyQuote
Share: