Mikizo Ueda (JPN) - 112

5 Posts
5 Users
13 Likes
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan
Topic starter  

Mr. Mikizo Ueda - of Nara, Japan - has turned 112. He is currently the oldest living man in Japan.

A short biography:

He was born in Kyoto, Japan on 11 May 1910, the son of a textile wholesaler, who sadly passed away from the flu when Mikizo was around two or three years old. After the death of his father, his family moved to Osaka, Japan. 

He worked at the Wakayama Prefectural Office in the Finance Division and was blessed with four children. During World War II, he was recruited by the Navy and witnessed the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. After his retirement, he was enthusiastic about haiku and writing, and even published a few books under the pseudonym of Morihiko Ueda when he was in his 90s. One of these books was called "Days of Life", and was published in 2003 when he was 92. Since 2012, he has lived in a nursing facility in Nara. 

Happy birthday!

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

Ale76, Marco, Dejan and 7 people reacted
Charlesm09
(@charlesm09)
Fan

Happy 112th birthday, Mr. Mikizō Ueda!

Interested in supercentenarians since 27 July 2018.
First supercentenarian I learned about: Kane Tanaka (1903-2022)

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiyo-oikawa)
Fan

Posted by: @mendocino

Mr. Mikizo Ueda - of Nara, Japan - has turned 112. He is currently the oldest living man in Japan.

A short biography:

He was born in Kyoto, Japan on 11 May 1910, the son of a textile wholesaler, who sadly passed away from the flu when Mikizo was around two or three years old. After the death of his father, his family moved to Osaka, Japan. 

He worked at the Wakayama Prefectural Office in the Finance Division and was blessed with four children. During World War II, he was recruited by the Navy and witnessed the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. After his retirement, he was enthusiastic about haiku and writing, and even published a few books under the pseudonym of Morihiko Ueda when he was in his 90s. One of these books was called "Days of Life", and was published in 2003 when he was 92. Since 2012, he has lived in a nursing facility in Nara. 

Happy birthday!

Congratulations. Mr. Ueda!
He said: "The condition changes depending on the weather and temperature. If I can keep the same condition, I will not die for 3 or 4 years," and I think he can manage himself very much. Many Japanese longevity fan has a big expectation for him😊

Sorry for there is any translations error!

Dejan and WellAbove110 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Happy 112th Birthday, Mr. Ueda, Doyenne of Japan!

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
(@rich_villa)
Very cool haha

Happy birthday! Mr. Ueda looks to be in great shape and I really hope he can hold on to become the WOM

ReplyQuote
Share: