Dagny Carlsson (SWE, 1912-2022)

7 Posts
6 Users
11 Likes
Ollie
(@ollie)
Fan
Topic starter  

Dagny Valborg Carlsson – of Solna, Sweden – sadly passed away today, 24 March 2022, at the age of 109 years, 320 days.

She was born on 8 May 1912 in Kristianstad, Sweden, and was notable as a blogger.

https://www.svt.se/kultur/bloggaren-dagny-carlsson-ar-dod

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagny_Carlsson

Rest in peace.

GRG Administrative Assistant for Database Administration (27 February 2016 – 18 November 2022)

Dejan reacted
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

RIP Ms. Carlsson, sweet lady 😥 

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Rest In Peace.

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

Oh no... This is a terrible loss. I've probably known about Dagny for 5+ years, and I never thought she would reach an age this high, but I find it very sorrowful she passed away such close to her 110th birthday.

Rest in peace, Dagny Carlsson.

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

Amck, Dejan and Pavlos123 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@024tomi she actually had a pre-celebration a few days ago. You can't take anything for granted.

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pavlos123)
Fan

RIP 😢 

Very sad news I hoped that she could become a supercentenarian.

However she went so far, I remember articles about her many years before, I think that there was even an article about her in an english textbook.

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Such sad news. I really expected her to make it to 110, since in the most recent video I saw of her (from December 2021), she still seemed very strong:

I knew logically that she was very old, yet she gave off such a strong and youthful aura, to the point where I just couldn't imagine her dying, even despite her already extreme age. You could just tell how passionate she was about life in general, always eager to experience new things. 

As many of you might know, she had a friend named Amie Sundstrom (1910-2020) who was similarly in extremely good shape for her age, being able to walk around her apartment completely unaided on her 109th birthday, yet she died just a few months later, so now both women fell short of what I imagine their full potential was. You can see a few short clips of the two of them together in this video:

Rest in peace, Dagny Carlsson.

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ReplyQuote
Share: