(@Anonymous 45)

Posted by: @coyote77

Kane has died. ๐Ÿ™

Do you have a source?

ReplyQuote
Fabri21
(@fabri21)
Fan

The world's oldest living person, Mrs. Kane Tanaka of Japan, has sadly passed away on 19 April 2022, aged 119. She was the second-oldest person ever, only behind Jeanne Calment, aged 122.

She was born on 2 January 1903.

Rest in peace.

https://news.line.me/detail/linenews/8e52f610f10b

LAS administrator and member since 12 January 2020.
Global Supercentenarian Forum member since 1 March 2022.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@fabri21 Whether the stated source is reliable. It is strange to me that several media did not publish that news, more than 5/6 days have passed, and only one report, a little suspicious, I am not sure if the information is accurate. It needs to be further checked. I think the media around the world would publish that news, as they have done so far.

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

@dejan There is also this Yahoo source (not available in Europe), so there are more outlets reporting it.

ย 

It seems to be true...

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@marco Yes, unfortunately the news is correct. Lucile Randon won her next title GRG Lucile Randon (1)

It was a little unbelievable because there aren't many reports of death. Previously, whenever the OLDEST person in the world died, there were reports around the world.

ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

Rather shocking news.

Rest in peace.

ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

Could mods kindly split the last few messages about her passing off to a separate thread?

ReplyQuote
(@andrea2002)
Fan

Title edited. Rip amazing Kane 🥹

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

RIP Amazing Kane Tanaka 😓😓😓. We will remember you forever.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi piรน longeve in Italia โ€“ Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Topic splitted.

Persone viventi piรน longeve in Italia โ€“ Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

Kane Tanaka was an extraordinary lady who truly pushed the outer limits of longevity. Her determination and zest for life even at the outer edges of survivability, holding on to become the second-oldest known person ever, will never be forgotten. It really did feel like she would go on forever.

I had just finished college when Kane became WOP. I've now finished uni and been employed for almost a year.

A hugely sad passing. Rest in peace, Kane-san. We will miss you.ย 

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Rest in peace.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 45)

Very sad news. An amazing lady, a long life, and a happy life in the main.ย 

ReplyQuote
Ollie
(@ollie)
Fan

When Kane Tanaka became the WOP back in 2018, I could never have predicted she would still be the WOP in 2022. Her life was incredibly long but so was her time as #1... a lot has happened in the past four years. The changes that she saw during her lifetime were extraordinary; she was born before the advent of powered flight but lived to see the first powered flight of an aircraft on Mars. She was born over a decade before World War I, and lived to see the COVID-19 pandemic...

ย 

RIP Kane Tanaka. I'm very glad she lived just long enough to surpass Sarah Knauss. I will miss her greatly.

GRG Administrative Assistant for Database Administration (27 February 2016 โ€“ 18 November 2022)

Ale76, siam, Josia9353 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)
ใ€€

Unbelievably, When my mother died when I was 14, she was already 110 years old. The last person who had a status of "supercentenarian" when my mother was alive. also, Kane Tanaka is the last person who had a status of "supercentenarian" when Jiroemon Kimura, my most favorite SC passed away (Coincidentally Kane Tanaka passed away on 19 April which Jiroemon Kimura's birthday.)

It's scary to hear this ... tremendous sadness and loss for me. It's like a jinx that a big death happens after I say I'm leaving the community.

ย 

She was a symbol of Japan and the world, and gave courage to whole humankind.

Most of my memory was made while she was being WOLP. Kane Tanaka was being WOLP since 22 July 2018, almost 1.5 years before COVID-19 pandemic begins. A lot of things happen since then.

RIP

็”ฐไธญใ•ใ‚“ใฎใ”ๅ†ฅ็ฆใ‚’ๅฟƒใ‚ˆใ‚ŠใŠ็ฅˆใ‚Šใ—ใพใ™ใ€‚ใ”ๅฎถๆ—ใ€้–ขไฟ‚่€…ใฎๆ–นใซใŠๆ‚”ใ‚„ใฟ็”ณใ—ไธŠใ’ใพใ™ใ€‚

😭 😭 😭 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥ย 

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: ้•ทๅฏฟ่€…็ ”็ฉถใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒผใƒฉใƒ  (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

siam and Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
JimJim00
(@jimjim00)
Fan

R.I.P. Kane Tanaka. I am speechless for now.

Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
EstebanGonzalez
(@estebangonzalez)
Fan

very sad news

She was with us so long that it is strange to know that she has passed away.
It is incredible that you have died as the second oldest person in the world of all time!

My respects to the whole family!
R.I.P Kane Tanakaย 

siam reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiyo-oikawa)
Fan

ๆ—ฅๆœฌใฎ้•ทๅฏฟ่€…็ ”็ฉถใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒผใƒฉใƒ ็ฎก็†ไบบใฎไธ€ไบบใ€kiyo oikawaใจใ„ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚

ย 

ใ‚ซๅญใ•ใ‚“ใฎ119ๅนดใซใ‚ใŸใ‚‹้•ทใไบบ็”ŸใŒใคใ„ใซๅน•ใ‚’้–‰ใ˜ใฆใ—ใพใ„ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ๅ‘ฝใฏๆฐธ้ ใงใฏใชใ„ใจ่บซใซๆŸ“ใฟใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ใ”ๅ†ฅ็ฆใ‚’ใŠ็ฅˆใ‚Šใ—ใพใ™ใ—ใพใ™ใ€‚

siam and Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@landon)
Fan

#LLKT you will never be missed I have studied by myself for over 4 and half years i am shocked that you've passed away i remember day you became the WOP the day you surpassed nabi the day you turned 115,116,117 and 118 you will deeply be missedย 

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

So the news is indeed true...

ย 

Rest in peace, Dear Mrs Tanaka. You've been a familiar face at the top for quite some time. I can still remember the joy I felt when we finally got to know what you looked like, aged a "mere" 113. Strange to think this was six years ago. It's been a privilege having gotten to know you over the past years.

ย 

The news of her passing has now also been reported by, among others, Guinness World Records and CNN.

ย 

Meanwhile, Japan's MHLW reports that she died on 19 April 2022 at 18:11, for those interested. It also confirms her successor as Japan's oldest living person as Fusa Tatsumi, confirmed alive on her 115th birthday. See attachment for those interested.

ย 

Overduidelijk misschien.

Mendocino, Ollie, siam and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

Posted by: @ollie

When Kane Tanaka became the WOP back in 2018, I could never have predicted she would still be the WOP in 2022. Her life was incredibly long but so was her time as #1... a lot has happened in the past four years. The changes that she saw during her lifetime were extraordinary; she was born before the advent of powered flight but lived to see the first powered flight of an aircraft on Mars. She was born over a decade before World War I, and lived to see the COVID-19 pandemic...

ย 

RIP Kane Tanaka. I'm very glad she lived just long enough to surpass Sarah Knauss. I will miss her greatly.

She was also almost certainly the last living person to have been alive at the same time as Margaret Ann Neve.

Ollie reacted
ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

Posted by: @record_116

It's scary to hear this ... tremendous sadness and loss for me. It's like a jinx that a big death happens after I say I'm leaving the community.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Your decision to 'leave' the longevity space and the health of a 119-year-old Japanese lady are totally independent. ๐Ÿ™‚

I obviously share your โ€” and all our โ€” grief today.ย 

The second-to-only-one longest human journey ever has ended. An odd 120 years after her conception.ย Astonishing. She hit every milestone up until actually reaching 120 (and all that with a smile!). Centeni vicenarianhood as yet remains unique. Be that as it may, Kane Tanaka has ushered in a new era for longevity, proving that the top 2 outliers were just really old, but certainly not unsurpassable.ย 

Rest in peace, dear Kane, you have lived one of the most extraordinary lives in history, and you will be missed more than we can say.ย 

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

Posted by: @josia9353
Posted by: @record_116

Don't be too hard on yourself. Your decision to 'leave' the longevity space and the health of a 119-year-old Japanese lady are totally independent. ๐Ÿ™‚

I obviously share your โ€” and all our โ€” grief today.ย 

The second-to-only-one longest human journey ever has ended. An odd 120 years after her conception.ย Astonishing. She hit every milestone up until actually reaching 120 (and all that with a smile!). Centeni vicenarianhood as yet remains unique. Be that as it may, Kane Tanaka has ushered in a new era for longevity, proving that the top 2 outliers were just really old, but certainly not unsurpassable.ย 

Rest in peace, dear Kane, you have lived one of the most extraordinary lives in history, and you will be missed more than we can say.ย 

Wait a second. The text in bold may not be right. If measured from conception, is it possible that Sarah's journey was stรญll longer than Kane's?? (I know Kane was born too early, but by how much? And then of course there's the uncertainty about whether Kane was truly born on Jan 2, or already in the December preceding it..)

ReplyQuote
Amck
 Amck
(@amck)
Fan

Rest In Peace, Kane Tanaka 💐

Interested in Gerontology since: May 13th 2016
Favourite Living Supercentenarian: Kikuyo Honma (1910-)
Favourite Supercentenarian Ever: Chiyo Miyako (1901-2018)
Profile Photo: Fusa Tatsumi (1907-)

Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
Robbie
(@robbie)
Researcher

Rest in peace, Kane Tanaka. It's been a privilege and an absolute joy to be able to follow your life over the last few years.ย 

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Rest in peace, Mrs. Kane Tanaka. What an amazing life so well lived for 119 long years! While this news was something I'd been fearing ever since your recent health issues were announced, it still brings me immense sadness to now have to say goodbye after years of seeing you at the top of the rankings as the oldest living person for these past nearly four years. It's still so difficult to process the fact that you aren't here anymore, since you've left an immeasurable impact on the world that'll continue to be felt forever.ย 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirรณs (1911-Present)

Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @kiyo-oikawa

ๆ—ฅๆœฌใฎ้•ทๅฏฟ่€…็ ”็ฉถใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒผใƒฉใƒ ็ฎก็†ไบบใฎไธ€ไบบใ€kiyo oikawaใจใ„ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚

ย 

ใ‚ซๅญใ•ใ‚“ใฎ119ๅนดใซใ‚ใŸใ‚‹้•ทใไบบ็”ŸใŒใคใ„ใซๅน•ใ‚’้–‰ใ˜ใฆใ—ใพใ„ใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ๅ‘ฝใฏๆฐธ้ ใงใฏใชใ„ใจ่บซใซๆŸ“ใฟใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ใ”ๅ†ฅ็ฆใ‚’ใŠ็ฅˆใ‚Šใ—ใพใ™ใ—ใพใ™ใ€‚

Welcome to the forum, kiyo-oikawa

ReplyQuote
Methuselah
(@methuselah)
Fan

Rest in eternal peace, Kane Tanaka.

ย 

I've followed her for so long and now has come to a big change.

ReplyQuote
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan

RIP Mrs. Tanaka 😪ย 

I first heard of supercentenarians when Bessie Cooper passed away in Dec 2012, but my interest first appeared sometime in mid-2013 when I started following the posts on the 110 club, updates on wikipedia, etc. To think that she was a supercentenarian (and the last one) during all the time I was interested in longevity and supercentenarians... it's really hard to believe she is gone now.

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

Ollie, Ell, Amck and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: