Juan Vicente Perez ...

Notifications
Clear all

Juan Vicente Perez Mora (VEN, 1909-2024)

21 Posts
14 Users
43 Likes
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Mr. Juan Vicente Perez Mora, WOM, sadly passed away today 2 April 2024, aged 114 years and 311 days, in San Jose de Bolivar, Tachira, Venezuela.

He was born in El Cobre, Tachira, Venezuela on 27 May 1909.

He had been the oldest validated living man in the world since the death of Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia of Spain on 18 January 2022. He was the oldest validated person ever from Venezuela, as well as the fourth-oldest validated man ever. He was also the fourth-oldest validated person in the world.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/eldiario.com/2024/04/02/murio-el-venezolano-juan-vicente-perez-el-hombre-mas-longevo-del-mundo/

Rest in peace.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

FEW and diego reacted
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

How lucky we are to have witnessed the great journey of Juan Vicente Pérez as the World's Oldest Man.

May he rest in peace.🖤

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

FEW, ChrisR and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

A life incredibly well lived. A true titan of longevity and it was amazing to witness his journey.

Rest in peace.

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
adancho
(@adancho)
Supercentenarian Fan

Rest in peace Juan Vicente Pérez Mora, he was simply an incredible person...

I really thought that he could reach 115 years, 114 years and 311 days for a man is incredible.

Kane Tanaka (1903-2022) my favorite supercentenarian of all time.

ChrisR, FEW and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
FinbarrC
(@finbarrc)
Supercentenarian Fan

Truly remarkable indeed. May he rest in peace.

https://finbarrconnolly.com/chronicle/

ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

With the death of Juan Vicente Perez Mora, Japan once again has the oldest validated person in the world with Gisaburo Sonobe born on 6 Nov 1911, he lives in Tateyama, Chiba Prefecture and is the last known surviving Japanese born in 1911, the last Known Japanese survivor born during the Meiji era
Japan has not had the oldest man in the world since Masazo Nonaka, who was that person from 29 Jan 2018 to 20 Jan 2019 and will now be the 8th Japanese person to hold that position
Juan Vicente was the oldest man to die since Jiroemon Kimura who died on 12 Jun 2013 at 116 years, 54 days and was the man who held this position for the longest time (2 years and 74 days) since Tomoji Tanabe who stayed 2 years and 146 days until I die on 19 June 2009
Juan Vicente is 76th oldest validated person in history

He is the 11 oldest validated person in the history of South America (counting the pending cases), the 2 oldest man (counting the pending case of Anisio Rodrigues Alves)

RIP

ChrisR and FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

R.I.P. Juan Vicente Pérez Mora, you will never be forgotten, my hero.

Last night, and again this morning, I felt an urge to pray for Don Vicente. I prayed to the good Lord, that whenever Juan's time would come, that God would transfer him into His loving arms. This was the Holy Spirit guiding me. He knew that Juan was close.

I'm thankful and grateful that I got to know Juan Vicente through the internet, and I will remember him forever. There will always be a special piece of my heart that belongs to him. And someday, when I cross over the bridge to heaven, I hope to meet him. And I will fall down on my knees, and thank him for making me a better person. Juan Vicente was truly a person that had an abundance of love in his heart, and the more he gave away, the more he had. I strongly believe, that Juan Vicente is at peace in the arms of Jesus. And I can be comforted knowing that he will never be sick or ill again, and all the tears shall forever be wiped from his eyes. You earned every minute of your eternity with Christ, my dear friend! And you taught me to love, and to appreciate those that are here with us on Earth. And one day, I will thank you in person. Rest essy, my dear Juan Vicente. Words cannot describe the fullest extent of my feelings. You will be in our hearts, and our minds forever.

Juan Vicente (1909-2024)

“Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
- Revelation 21: 3-4

"My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
- John 14: 2-3

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

FEW and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rutzqwezex)
Supercentenarian Fan

I am genuinely really sad right now. I discovered Juan back when I really started getting into supercentenarians in the summer of 2021. Back then, he was, I think, the third oldest living man behind Saturnino de la Fuente and Jules Theobald. There were several other 1909-born men at that point, such as Marcel Meys, Lawrence Brooks and Delio Venturotti, and just a few months before there had also been Albano, Jorge, Manuel and Philip and, I suppose, Emilio. All of these men were from countries that are more developed than Venezuela, most of them also having a notable history of SCs. But, despite all that, Juan was the only one of them all to make it to 113. He became the last from the decade just 5 days after achieving this, upon Delio Venturotti's death.

But not only that, he would later become the first validated 114 year old man since Kimura, the first man in the living top 10 since Kimura, and the first to have a 2-year WOLM reign again since Kimura. He would surpass Joan Riudavets, Yukichi Chuganji and Walter Breuning to become the 4th oldest verified man. For the last month and a bit of his life, the oldest person in Venezuela was older than the oldest person in the US. He had, to current knowledge, been Venezuelas oldest person for eight entire years, and given the fact that the average life expectancy for a Venezuelan male is 66, lived nearly 5 decades longer than usual.

All of these are testaments to his amazing longevity. He was also devoted to his faith and family and lived a fruitful life. He will be missed not only by his family but by the countless longevity fans around the world, myself included, who got to follow his journey and watch him break record after record. While I am sad that he did not reach 115, I simply cannot belittle the great age he managed to attain and the records he broke.

Rest in peace Juan Vicente Pérez Mora, 27 May 1909 – 2 April 2024.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Rest in Peace Juan Vicente Perez Mora.

A wonderful man, with a fantastic attitude and  very deep faith.  And a legend in terms of male supercentenarians.

Such very sad news.

FEW and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

Posted by: @rutzqwezex

been Venezuelas oldest person for eight entire years

Juan Vicente Perez Mora was the oldest person in Venezuela since 4 Oct 2015, and therefore the person who had been the oldest in a country for the longest time. Now, as far as I can see, the person who has been the oldest in a country for the longest time is Julijana Zakrajsek who is the oldest in Slovenia since 7 Mar 2019

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

This is absolutely devastating news to hear. It seemed like he would just keep going on forever. But even giants like him must fall eventually

Rest in Eternal Peace, Juan Vicente Perez Mora

FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
JimJim00
(@jimjim00)
Fan

R.I.P. Juan Vicente Perez Mora. I remember him turning 110 years old and at the time, I’d never thought he’d make it to almost 115. 

024Tomi, Ale76, FEW and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 FEW
(@few)
Fan

Rest in eternal peace, Mr. Juan Vincente Pérez Mora of Venezuela (1909-2024) 🕊

ReplyQuote
Robbie
(@robbie)
Researcher

Rest in peace, Juan Vicente Pérez Mora. It's been a privilege to be able to follow his life over the past five years.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

A truly remarkable record as the oldest person from his country for just a couple of days short of 8.5 years.

FEW and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego, FEW and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @ale76

Translation from post (copy and pasting from google translate formatted like this for some reason)

With great sadness and a deep sense of loss, we gather to say goodbye to an extraordinary man, a true legend in our community: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora, affectionately known as (Papá Vicente, Tío Vicente). Today, we deeply regret his passing, but we celebrate the life of an exceptional human being who left an indelible mark on all of us, a miracle of nature.

Don Vicente began his remarkable journey on May 27, 1909, in El Cobre, Táchira, Venezuela. From his first days in Los Pajuiles, he demonstrated a tireless dedication to work, family and faith. His love for agriculture was combined with his deep devotion to God and his unwavering love for his wife, Ediofina del Rosario García, with whom he shared 11 children and a life full of blessings.

Don Vicente's recognition as the oldest man in the world was not just a title, but a testament to his resilience, wisdom and generosity. In 2019, it became Venezuela's first supercentennial, a milestone that marked the beginning of a series of congratulations and tributes from around the world. Each birthday was a celebration of life and a reminder of his extraordinary longevity. Guinness World Records officially awarded him the title of the world's oldest man in 2022, an honor he received with humility and gratitude.

His secret to a long and full life was simple: constant work, adequate rest, early sleep and a daily glass of brandy. But his impact on our lives goes beyond his years lived. Don Vicente was the pillar of the family, a source of inspiration and a symbol of kindness and unconditional love.

His deep respect for God and his gratitude to Saint Joseph, who welcomed him to this beautiful land called San José de Bolívar, added a spiritual dimension and gratitude to Juan Vicente's remarkable life. Thanks to these deep-rooted values, his legacy transcended borders, being admired in distant lands and known throughout the world.

May his soul rest in peace and his memory continue to inspire us to live with love, compassion and gratitude.

RIP Uncle Vicente
Freddy Abreu

It will really never be the same here without his presence

FEW and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
 siam
(@siam)
Fan

Doyen of the World for + 2 years, died at almost 115. That's very very impressive.

Descansa en paz, Juan Vicente. Que la tierra te sea leve.

FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Just wanted to share a couple things. The day after Mr.  Pérez Mora passed away, I was on the bus, traveling to a medical center. I bowed my head and prayed, and asked God to show me a sign that Juan Vicente was with Him, and that he was at peace in heaven. I opened my eyes and looked out the window. The bus was moving very slowly, and I saw that right as I had looked out the window, we drove by a church at 909 Pérez Street, just before reaching a highway called "Bridge Crossing". The bus had taken a different route than what I was used to, and we went through a part of town I wasn't familiar with, so I had no idea we had a Pérez Street in our town. But, there's no way that could've been a coincidence. The very street we drove by was the 1st surname of JVPM, the very church we passed by had the last 3 digits of his birthyear (909), and the very highway we got to right after was "Bridge Crossing". I took that as "Pérez of (1)909, crossed the bridge safely". I believe this was the Holy Spirit letting me know that Juan Vicente had crossed the bridge into eternity safely, and was resting in the arms of Jesus Christ. It gave me a lot of comfort, and I wanted to share that comforting experience here with the forum.

And second, a few months ago I started an Instagram account dedicated to JVPM. I will continue to post on it, if you're interested in checking it out, here's the link to it

https://www.instagram.com/juan_vp_mora_fanclub?igsh=MThwMGhreGxuemlvMQ==

diego, Chris and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @aquanaut

Just wanted to share a couple things. The day after Mr.  Pérez Mora passed away, I was on the bus, traveling to a medical center. I bowed my head and prayed, and asked God to show me a sign that Juan Vicente was with Him, and that he was at peace in heaven. I opened my eyes and looked out the window. The bus was moving very slowly, and I saw that right as I had looked out the window, we drove by a church at 909 Pérez Street, just before reaching a highway called "Bridge Crossing". The bus had taken a different route than what I was used to, and we went through a part of town I wasn't familiar with, so I had no idea we had a Pérez Street in our town. But, there's no way that could've been a coincidence. The very street we drove by was the 1st surname of JVPM, the very church we passed by had the last 3 digits of his birthyear (909), and the very highway we got to right after was "Bridge Crossing". I took that as "Pérez of (1)909, crossed the bridge safely". I believe this was the Holy Spirit letting me know that Juan Vicente had crossed the bridge into eternity safely, and was resting in the arms of Jesus Christ. It gave me a lot of comfort, and I wanted to share that comforting experience here with the forum.

And second, a few months ago I started an Instagram account dedicated to JVPM. I will continue to post on it, if you're interested in checking it out, here's the link to it

https://www.instagram.com/juan_vp_mora_fanclub?igsh=MThwMGhreGxuemlvMQ==

I do hope that Juan Vicente, in whatever form he exists in now, is happy and at peace, and I wish the same for Edie Ceccarelli and the others who have left us. Maybe Juan became Edie's new dance partner in heaven

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Note by mod:

Whilst it isn't against the rules to hold religious beliefs, there are plenty of members who do not share these views and, in the interest of staying neutral as a forum, this post has been removed. Using threads of supercentenarians to excessively preach material is inappropriate.

diego and Amck reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: