Mine Kondō (JPN, 1910-Present)

18 Posts
4 Users
39 Reactions
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

I am creating a gallery thread for Mine Kondo (born 1 Sep 1910), the oldest person in Aichi, Japan, as she is featured in her blogs photo’s every week or so

Here are the newest images from sometime in the last few days, where her nursing home is celebrating Halloween

These are from collages of several images which is why some may be quite blurry 

Gabriel_PT, diego and Ale76 reacted
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

ChrisR, diego, Ale76 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

ChrisR, diego, WellAbove110 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

https://ameblo-jp.translate.goog/hiroseds/?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Mrs. Kondō went out in the cold, all dressed up for winter

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

ChrisR, diego and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Ale76 and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

diego and AQ reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

diego and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

ChrisR and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Ale76 and musicotic reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

https://ameblo-jp.translate.goog/hiroseds/entry-12854217268.html?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

As shown in this video and the photos, Mrs. Kondo is still alert and is able to move her arms around quite well. I think she is one of the biggest underdogs of the 1910 cohort

diego, musicotic and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
(@musicotic)
Supercentenarian Fan

Looks like she has an injury on her face, and her condition isn't doing too well. I hope she gets better

diego and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

I can understand your point MrCatlord.

However when we look at (recent) individuals like Vincent Dransfield, or Catherine van der Linden, plus many others over the years, (Eg Jerelean Talley 116-25 - to name just one) then there really is no remaining life span we can take for granted for anyone at these ages.

Equally, persons like Marie-Louise Meilleur 117-230, Susannah Jones 116-311 and others just go on and on, despite looking highly unlikely to do so.

Just accept the picture and if Mine Kondo becomes part of the (>50%) majority that slip away in any year, then so be it.

From what we see over the years, super centenarians also have good and bad days - perhaps this was one of the latter.

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @chrisr

I can understand your point MrCatlord.

However when we look at (recent) individuals like Vincent Dransfield, or Catherine van der Linden, plus many others over the years, (Eg Jerelean Talley 116-25 - to name just one) then there really is no remaining life span we can take for granted for anyone at these ages.

Equally, persons like Marie-Louise Meilleur 117-230, Susannah Jones 116-311 and others just go on and on, despite looking highly unlikely to do so.

Just accept the picture and if Mine Kondo becomes part of the (>50%) majority that slip away in any year, then so be it.

From what we see over the years, super centenarians also have good and bad days - perhaps this was one of the latter.

This was almost a month after the last picture of her (with the stuffed monkey) and there seems to be a pattern of decline. So it may be that Kondo-san is nearing her end; many Japanese SCs last a while in poor condition though

So as you said, if she is close to the end we have to accept that. Hopefully she can celebrate her 114th birthday in less than two months

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Yumi Yamamoto made a comment on the 110 Club saying Mine is doing better than those photos suggested. In the first one above she was just taking a nap (as anyone her age should be expected to do) and her face is blocked in the one with the fishing activity

https://ameblo-jp.translate.goog/hiroseds/entry-12859546505.html?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Here are new photos from a few days ago of the newest member of the Japanese top five

ChrisR, siam, musicotic and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: