Joaquina Martins (PRT, 1907-2018)

8 Posts
4 Users
18 Likes
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan
Topic starter  

This previously unknown Portuguese supercentenarian was discovered a few weeks ago by @estebangonzalez: 

Joaquina Martins (13 Jan 1907 - 14 Oct 2018), aged 111 years, 274 days. She was the oldest living person in Portugal following the death of Benvinda Marques Matias in 2017.

Aged 108:

Aged 109:

Aged 110:

Aged 111:

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ArthurBrazil, Dejan, Ell and 5 people reacted
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Many thanks for this discovery, @estebangonzalez, and for posting about this woman, @mendocino!

She looked like a lovely lady, based on the pictures.

Would either of you know where exactly she was born and where exactly she died? Many thanks!

Overduidelijk misschien.

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan
Topic starter  
Posted by: @marco

Many thanks for this discovery, @estanbangonzalez, and for posting about this woman, @mendocino!

She looked like a lovely lady, based on the pictures.

Would either of you know where exactly she was born and where exactly she died? Many thanks!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any biographical info on this woman, although it seems like she died in Lisbon. 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ArthurBrazil, EstebanGonzalez, Amck and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@andrew)
Fan

It's great to hear about Joaquina, it's a shame that we didn't know about her during her life. Her death record should include her place of birth so that would be one way of finding her birth record.

@estebangonzalez @mendocino, do you have a direct link that confirms her exact date of death?

Co-founder, European Supercentenarian Organisation 2020-
Founder, Oldest in Britain 2009-

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
EstebanGonzalez
(@estebangonzalez)
Fan

Posted by: @andrew

It's great to hear about Joaquina, it's a shame that we didn't know about her during her life. Her death record should include her place of birth so that would be one way of finding her birth record.

@estebangonzalez @mendocino, do you have a direct link that confirms her exact date of death?

We left messages to Joaquina's relative on Facebook but he hasn't responded yet so we don't know for sure where he died, as Mendocino says, it was probably in Lisbon

ReplyQuote
(@andrew)
Fan

Thanks @estebangonzalez, I was just wondering if you have a link to the source that confirms her exact date of death? I just wanted to make sure that we save a copy of that specifically for validation purposes. Hopefully you will hear back soon, Joaquina was clearly very much loved by her family.

ReplyQuote
EstebanGonzalez
(@estebangonzalez)
Fan

Posted by: @andrew

Thanks @estebangonzalez, I was just wondering if you have a link to the source that confirms her exact date of death? I just wanted to make sure that we save a copy of that specifically for validation purposes. Hopefully you will hear back soon, Joaquina was clearly very much loved by her family.

Of course

Perhaps the relative can answer someone else or can see some other way to leave a message

ReplyQuote
(@andrew)
Fan

Thanks Esteban, hopefully her grandson will be able to confirm her date of death as well, I couldn't see it explicitly mentioned in his post.

ReplyQuote
Share: