Thought of the Day

26 Posts
11 Users
30 Likes
Marco
(@marco)
Fan
Topic starter  

In this topic, we can all share our thoughts of the day!

Overduidelijk misschien.

diego and Record_116 reacted
Marco
(@marco)
Fan
Topic starter  

Is het me dan toch gelukt?

Have I managed to pull it off, in the end?

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan
Topic starter  

Je hebt géén idee hoe moe ik ben.

You haven't the faintest idea of just how tired I am.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan
Topic starter  

Maar wie ben ik dan eigenlijk?

But who does that make me?

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Few weeks ago I watched a ghost 👻 was coming in the forum. He/She coming to this forum as anonymous in 1970 when World Wide Web still not yet invented!. (Joke haha, but I really see the post which date was 52 years ago .)

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
The Onehundredth
(@the-onehundredth)
My "socials" were created for this forum only.

@record_116 Yes, the UNIX-time used in computer programming counts the number of elapsed seconds since 1970/01/01 UTC.

So, the 1970 date may be a bug.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by The Onehundredth

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Posted by: @the-onehundredth

@record_116 Yes, the UNIX-time used in computer programming counts the number of elapsed seconds since 1970/01/01 UTC.

So, the 1970 date may be a bug.

Thanks you for detailed information! Well, I sometimes see the youtube video which uploaded date was January 1970.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

A rare type (the first time in 442 years) "total lunar eclipse" seen in Japan. It looks like a big Mars.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Hey guys I just wanted to let you people know honestly I feel very depressed right now. Every time a supercentenarian passes away, I feel hurt. I just can't take it anymore. I'm thinking about leaving the forum but I don't know. I mean a lot of good people Kane Tanaka, Delio Venturotti, Francisco Iglesias, Mikizo Ueda, Tekla Junievicz, and now Victor Chanca have all passed away. Just to name a few. Like I feel like I get to know them and when they die, I feel like I've lost my best friend. Why do people have to die😭😭😭😭😭 

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Hi Aquanaut_Chalk
A number of people have raised similar issues over the past 12 years or so that I’ve been following supercentenarians.

The key thing is that, as a group we follow individuals who have achieved basically the ultimate outcome, in terms of what the human body is capable of today.

The proof of this is that we know mortality rates hit over 50% per annum well before 110 and are at least 60% beyond 113, so a majority of those we follow, will depart in any one year.

The key thing is to think of what they’ve achieved, rather than what may have been lost and if you are younger, then to maybe learn a little about death, from people who are not really close to you - because it will happen to all of us one day
Another good challenge is the skill of accepting  something that we can never change, but accepting it on our own terms.

You probably love this science, so once you can accept that these people are very temporary citizens, then hopefully you can enjoy it for the rest of your life - and hopefully become one yourself one day.

Most of these people don’t fear death when asked, so maybe accept that if they are comfortable, then you can be the same.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

24 February 2023 makes one year annuversary since the start of the pointless war in Ukraine, started by Vladimir Putin.

The reason why division, conflicts, hate, and war exist in this world are, maybe necessary for people who want to have drama than living in a boring world, or having reason of excuses for something, or having goals for efforts. It may be. Reversal of means and purpose ... so conflict may be inevitable for humans.

Rest in peace all people who died in this war. My thoughts are with the all war victims, as well as Russian people suffering dictator's tyranny and surveillance society.

930310 reacted
ReplyQuote
Partizan
(@partizan)
Supercentenarian Fan

We Must remember also when USA invades Irak and the other countries in the World

stoa-oid and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Let’s be careful on these topics though.

No one supports war or violence.

However due to differing political perspectives and messages, there is the risk of conflict in the Forum when we go down these tracks.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Here's my thought of the day!

I want to let you guys know that I will no longer be active on this forum, due to someone here talking to me in the personal messaging in a very offensive way. I do not feel as though I deserve to be treated as though I'm some sort of doormat and for that reason I'm leaving. I've made lots of good friends here like ale76, Chrisr, 930013, Dejan, Diego, meddoncino, Diego, Marco, tomi24, and many more, but I do not this kind of treatment in my life. I'm trying to better myself, and an manipulative forum on the internet is not the place for that. I will miss having good talks with all my friends on here.

Bye.

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Posted by: @aquanaut

I want to let you guys know that I will no longer be active on this forum, due to someone here talking to me in the personal messaging in a very offensive way. I do not feel as though I deserve to be treated as though I'm some sort of doormat and for that reason I'm leaving. I've made lots of good friends here like ale76, Chrisr, 930013, Dejan, Diego, meddoncino, Diego, Marco, tomi24, and many more, but I do not this kind of treatment in my life. I'm trying to better myself, and an manipulative forum on the internet is not the place for that. I will miss having good talks with all my friends on here.

Bye.

I am sad to see you leave. You have been a pleasant member and contributed greatly to the discussion. I hope that you will return in the future!

stoa-oid and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

Bye.

I hope you reconsider this decision and come back soon, because you are an excellent contributor

ChrisR and stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
stoa-oid
(@stoa-oid)
Fan

Bye.

I also hope you come back soon. The sun isn´t always shining, but she rises again and again:-)))

ChrisR and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Just wanted to share with everyone something hilarious that I realized about Zak's research.

So he claims in his papers that he believes Sarah Knauss was 116, Jiroemon Kimura was 111, and Violet Brown + Gertrude Weaver were also 114... 

...and yet Zak claims that Supercentenarians don't exist?

So in other words, he's saying that he doesn't believe his own research?🤣😂

I just thought that was kinda funny how he totally contradicted himself there. Lol. Not only are his theories proven otherwise, he implies that he doesn't believe them himself!🤣 Anyway I just thought I'd share this new contradiction I had found in Zak's work and I hope I made a few people smile😆

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Just a thought I had today. I was looking at the Chronological list of the oldest man since 1972 and I noticed that the average age seemed to dip between Chitetsu Watanabe and Emilio Flores Marquez. Now this theory might be WAYYY out there, but I think it's possible that Weighton, Marquez, De La Fuente Garcia and Mora were never the WOLM titleholders and neither were Domingo Villa Avisencio or Watanabe. It's possible that after Nonaka passed away, Tómas Pinales Figuereo took over and when Figuereo passed away in September 2020 that João Da Missanga took over from him. And remember Figuereo's birthdate of March 1906 and Missanga's birthdate of March 1908 is quite a big jump. There may have even been another man or two from 1906, and a man or two from 1907 who took over for Figuereo for a while before Da Missanga reached WOLM. I know there's some cases from Latin America who were pretty old around that time. I'll look into it and make a possible chart. 

So if my theory is wrong (which I mean it could be) Eusebio Quintero Lopez may not have been vice-doyen. There are other candidates from 1909 and 1910 that are older. 

- Santos Cruz Flores, 01 November 1909

- Eugenio Zanotty, 23 December 1909

- Alvaro Jose de Souza, 14 February 1910

No disrespect to any of the SCs I mentioned. Just a thought I had. 

diego and WellAbove110 reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

(Off-topic posts have been moved to this thread.)

ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

@admin I am wondering what is the difference between “thought of the day” and “off-topic” then?

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

@mrcatlord The moved posts were no longer personal thoughts of the day, but a discussion around milestones / SCs' appearance. Perhaps I've been too "enthusiastic" moving the last couple of posts, though.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Photos of my trip (in my country) in the later half of 2023!

It's miracle to think that I see a beautiful rainbow not only one but two times in the short period to time:

Fukui station and a special express "Hinotori" and "thunderbird". I can't drive a car, but Japan's excellent railway system is very convenient for people like me.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Heres an interesting thought for you all. Imagine, Christian Mortensen born on 03 October 1897. And let's say, he and Jiroemon Kimura knew each other as children. Suppose someone were to meet both men in their youth, on 12 June 1913, when Christian was aged 15 years & 252 days, and Jiroemon was aged 16 years & 54 days. The difference in their ages would seem rather insignificant. Even though Jiroemon Kimura would be 167 days older, their ages would be virtually close. Now, let's say both men passed away exactly a century later on 12 June 2013. The difference in their ages, although still 167 days, would have changed drastically in terms of significance. Just those 167 days of difference is enough to not only make Jiroemon Kimura the oldest validated man ever, but also the only validated man to have made it to his 116th birthday. Just something cool to think about.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

I just wanted to share some interesting thoughts about how I came to be better at finding the "obviously false" supercentenarian cases. The best way to do this is through comparison. Like for example when Mr. Jose Flores Flores was 110 and could still walk, it was not too unbelievable to believe. When he turned 114 and could still walk, it became a much more rather unusual feat and started to make his case seem a bit questionable. But still, walking at 114 for a man, had been achieved by a few others such as Christian Mortensen, Joan Riduavets Moll and Walter Breuning. Now that Mr. Flores Flores is approaching his claimed 117th birthday with still being able to walk, his case seems "too good to be true". I still believe it is possible he is a true case, but his odds have gone way down. When he was 113/114 and I first found out about his case, I would have said he probably had a 70% chance or so of being true. But when he surpassed Kimura's final age of 116 & 54 days, I would have said his odds dropped to about 10%. Now that his 117th birthday is on the horizon, I would say his odds have dramatically dropped to probably 1-2% if I'm being generous. It's things like this, that make cases seem "false". It's the "too good to be true" factor. If Mr. Flores Flores can still walk when he turns 118 or so, I will say his odds would decrease to just over 0%, as the odds of a man living to age 118 are extraordinarily slim, and being able to walk at that age is just on a whole other level. In fact the ages of 117, 118, 119, and 120 have only been QUESTIONABLY reached by ONE man and that is Shigechiyo Izumi. And even then, we would need a pretty big game changer for Izumi to be validated. Personally, I think Izumi's age is possible, but unlikely. Of course there are other possible claimants such as:

- Luis Muñoz Cortes, 117-226

- Sudhakar Chaturvedi, 118-329

Personally, I would say the odds of either Cortes, Chaturvedi or Izumi being a true case is probably 20% or less. But the odds of all 3 men being true cases are just on the positive side of 0%, because the chances that we would have a 117, 118, AND 120 year old man ALL turn out to be true is close to impossible. 

Just my thought of the day.

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Things I would love to see in 2024:

26 April 2024: Jens Peter Westergaard to become the 1st validated male supercentenarian to live his whole life in Denmark, AND Kikue Taira to celebrate her 114th birthday, to make her and her sister the first siblings on record to both reach the age of 114.

08 May 2024: Francisco Reynoso to become the 1st validated male supercentenarian from the Domincan Republic.

27 May 2024: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora to turn 115!

- LongeviQuest to re-validate the age of Ottilie Tinnuri, and have our 1st validated woman and person from Estonia.

- LongeviQuest to re-validate the ages of Maria Tudor, Dumitru Comanescu, and Ilie Ciocan, and have some Romanian SCs accepted by LQ.

- LongeviQuest to validate the ages of Batuli Lamichhane, Anisio Rodrigues Alves, Januario Rubiano, and many more supercentenarian claimants above 114.

- LongeviQuest to validate the age of Mr. Macario Barria Cardena, and have our 1st validated man from Panama.

- LongeviQuest to validate the age of Ms. Klavdiya Gadyuchkina, and have our 1st validated woman and person from Russia.

I am super excited to see what the future holds!

diego and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: