Clear all

Hello

8 Posts
8 Users
19 Likes
(@andrew)
Fan
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, I realise that I never formally introduced myself here so here goes. I'm Andrew (he/him pronouns) and I live in Birmingham, UK with my husband and work in genetics. Some of you may not know me so well as I haven't frequented the 110club in a while, but I run Oldest in Britain and co-founded the European Supercentenarian Organisation with Marco and Chris. I first became interested in supercentenarians when I was aged around 12, having received a copy of the Guinness Book of World records, which at the time featured Sarah Knauss.

In 2008 I began actively researching supercentenarians through the World's Oldest People group and was formerly a British correspondent for the GRG. I started tracking people aged 106+ in the UK (with a former correspondent who sadly passed away in 2015) and established Oldest in Britain in 2009. I co-founded the European Supercentenarian Organisation in 2020 with Chris and Marco after leaving the GRG.

I have also been interested in family history since I was very young; my mum had researched part of her tree when she was younger, and I remember her occasionally unfurling a giant family tree made up of dozens of sheets of A4, going back to the 1600s. I did some research when the 2001 census was released (the first to go online), and then started fully researching my family tree a few years later, and this is something that I continue to do.

Co-founder, European Supercentenarian Organisation 2020-
Founder, Oldest in Britain 2009-

Ollie, Robbie, seto2001 and 5 people reacted
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Welcome to the forum, Andrew! And thanks for all you're doing!

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi piΓΉ longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

Ollie, Andrew, Amck and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Welcome to the forum, Andrew! Nice to see more and more members introducing themselves!

Ollie and Andrew reacted
ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

Splendid to see you on here Andrew πŸ™‚

Andrew reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Hello Andrew! Great to have you here!

Andrew reacted
ReplyQuote
Amck
 Amck
(@amck)
Fan

Welcome Andrew! Thank you for all the work you have done! 😁

Interested in Gerontology since: May 13th 2016
Favourite Living Supercentenarian: Kikuyo Honma (1910-)
Favourite Supercentenarian Ever: Chiyo Miyako (1901-2018)
Profile Photo: Fusa Tatsumi (1907-)

Andrew reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chris)
Fan

Great to see you here Andrew!

ESO Co-Founder and Administrator (since 1 January 2020)

Andrew reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Welcome, Andrew!

Overduidelijk misschien.

Andrew reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: