Hello from CatLord

16 Posts
10 Users
21 Likes
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Hello, people of the Global Supercentenarian Forum. My username is CatLord, which is also my name on the 110 club and the channel I use for commenting on SC-related youtube videos. I live in the Vancouver area in western Canada, quite close to the oldest living WW2 veteran Reuben Sinclair and 111-year-old Instagram user Merle O’Hara. I will not specify my exact age but I will say that Lucile Randon was the last person who was a century older than me. I started following SCs at the beginning of this year, coincidentally very shortly before Sister Andre’s unfortunate passing and the death of my own doyenne Shige Mineshiba. I do however remember seeing some of the world’s oldest people in GWR books and articles, including Violet Brown, Emma Morano, Besse Cooper, and Israel Kristal and always found them quite fascinating and remembered their names for years. I have a very good memory for names and dates/ages of SCs. Over the course of this year I slowly got more into this topic and eventually joined the 110 club earlier this year and now this forum. I know I have already talked to some of the people here on the 110 Club or YouTube. A very interesting coincidence is that as of when I posted this message, I have exactly 115 posts and 115 likes on the 110 club and my profile picture is one of my favorite SCs, Edie Ceccarelli who is currently 115 years old (I have screenshotted this moment). I hope to have a good time on this forum and may you all have a nice day.

Admin and diego reacted
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Welcome to the Global Supercentenarian Forum, MrCatlord!

It's nice to have you here! 🙂

Alessandro from Genoa, Italy.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Welcome to the forum, MrCatlord!

Overduidelijk misschien.

FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Welcome along MrCatlord.

FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

Welcome along MrCatlord. 🙃 

Aquanaut, FEW and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Somewhat late to the party, but welcome here, CatLord!

I take it you like cats?

diego, Aquanaut and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Welcome!

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

@admin yes I have a cat. Maybe he can beat Creme Puff’s supposed 38 years

Admin and Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@mrcatlord I have a cat too! It's great to have you here Mr. Cat Lord! Welcome aboard the Supercentenarian forum!

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

And “Bill” the cat, says hello from Sydney Australia.😊- right here at my house.

ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

@chrisr while we’re on this topic do you know of any SCs who have owned or had a special fondness for felines?

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

I’ve been following supercentenarians for about 13 years MrCatlord, though not in the capacity of a researcher, so will not have the depth of knowledge of others.

Many older people shy away from keeping animals in their latter years, due to the challenges of caring for them and many of the retirement homes in which they end up, also don’t allow pets.

However I’m sure there will be some reasonable examples somewhere, especially where an SC remains in their home or is looked after by family.

ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

@chrisr I think Shin Matsushita had a dog or was at least photographed with one. Maria Branyas likes dogs from what I’ve seen in her posts and the most recent photo of her was with a dog, Clarabell Demers was photographed with a dog earlier this year. 

I can also think of two living SCs with “Cat” in their name, ironically both doyennes of Commonwealth nations who celebrated their birthday within the last week 

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Charlesm09
(@charlesm09)
Fan

@mrcatlord Also Catherine Ferrell (born 10 Oct. 1912) of Durham, North Carolina, USA.

Interested in supercentenarians since 27 July 2018.
First supercentenarian I learned about: Kane Tanaka (1903-2022)

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

@charlesm09 there’s obviously a lot of SCs named Catherine or similar names as it’s a common name. The surname “Caterham” is probably more rare. There is also Katsumi Ando who I think is in limbo although that’s with a K.

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @mrcatlord

@chrisr while we’re on this topic do you know of any SCs who have owned or had a special fondness for felines?

Maurice Butty (1912-2022) of France lived alone with his cat named Biquette. 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

diego, MrCatlord, Gabriel_PT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: