Introducing myself.

7 Posts
6 Users
8 Likes
(@runner726)
Fan
Topic starter  

Good day everyone.

Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself to the members of this forum, I would like to go by the name "Runner726".

I have been interested in the world oldest living people since a young age, I still remembers "seeing" late EugΓ©nie Blanchard alive on Wikipedia and enjoying the milestones of Walter Breuning.
Nowdays, I mainly follow the pre-1910 folks, along with keeping an eye on the 1910-born men.

Since Eugenie Blanchard I have the joy of following following Besse Cooper, Yisrael Kristal, Nabi Tajima, Saturnino Garcia, all the way to seeing the 119-year old Kane, surpassing Sarah Knauss!! πŸ™‚Β 

I am actually more interested in the records and longevity milestones supercentenarians reach, than the person's history etc., but it is always nice to see how a sc. is doing on his/her birthday and to have a face behind the name.

Thanks
Runner726

Β 

Admin, EstebanGonzalez, Marco and 4 people reacted
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Welcome to the forum, Runner726!

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi piΓΉ longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Welcome! It's always interesting when there are many aspects of a subject that one can find interest in.

For me personally it's a combination of both. How long has someone lived and what has the quality of those years been? I love reading an interesting life story but at the same time find it exciting to see someone push the bounders of longevity.

Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Welcome, Runner726!

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
(@andrea2002)
Fan

Welcome!

ReplyQuote