Clear all

LongeviQuest attended the 15th supercentenarian seminar in Paris

9 Posts
9 Users
44 Reactions
(@930310)
Gerontology student
Topic starter  

Dr. Andrew Holmes and I attended the INED supercentenarian seminar in Paris from 16-17 November. 

I gave an oral presentation on my research on Swedish supercentenarians and I also had a poster presentation on the chronological list of the oldest known living person since 1951.

I think that the conference went well. I was nervous since it was the first major conference where I presented orally, but my presentation went well, so I am happy with that.

Here's a LQ news article on it:

https://longeviquest.com/2023/11/longeviquest-in-paris-for-15th-supercentenarian-seminar/

Gabriel_PT, Robbie, FEW and 10 people reacted
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Congratulations J

im sure you will have had a great time.

In addition, presenting at esteemed events such as this tend to be a fantastic experience, from which you will undoubtedly benefit and go forward.

The hardest public speech or presentation is always the first one and provided you always do the pre speech preparation, you’ll just get better and better.

Well done.

Gabriel_PT, FEW, diego and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

Congratulations, Jimmy and Andrew!

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

Gabriel_PT, FEW and 930310 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Congratulations, Andrew and Jimmy!

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

Gabriel_PT, FEW and 930310 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@guillaume)
Fan

Congratulations Jimmy! Hope for you this is the first of many.

I myself had to decline an offer to present at this seminar (on a subject which was very partially the fruit of my work anyway) because I’m too busy and my oral English is not yet good enough. Hope I’ll be able to do one in the years to come. This will perhaps be an opportunity to meet some of you all!

Gabriel_PT, FEW, ChrisR and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Well done, Jimmy and Andrew! Nice to see LongeviQuest's efforts being recognised (and lauded) by the scientific community.

Overduidelijk misschien.

Gabriel_PT, FEW, ChrisR and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

Congratulations both! A massive accomplishment, and it's heartening to see the immense efforts of LQ being recognised.

Gabriel_PT, FEW, ChrisR and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

Congratulations on your work and your courage to present, I would have had a lot of difficulty because of my shyness, I am very happy for this achievement of yours and may you do many more presentations in other places

Gabriel_PT, ChrisR and FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
 FEW
(@few)
Fan

Congratulations !  Keep it up !

Gabriel_PT, diego and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: