LongeviQuest Visits Mr. Efraín Antonio Ríos García

7 Posts
4 Users
11 Likes
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan
Topic starter  

On August 20, 2023, our team had the honor to visit the world's second-oldest living man, Mr. Efraín Antonio Ríos García.

He was presented with two certificates, acknowledging his status as the second-oldest living man globally and the oldest living person in Colombia.

LongeviQuest news article and full gallery

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

diego, 024Tomi, Ale76 and 2 people reacted
adancho
(@adancho)
Supercentenarian Fan

Congratulations to him!

Although I see that he had a decline in his health between April and August.

Let's hope it's not a bad sign.

Kane Tanaka (1903-2022) my favorite supercentenarian of all time.

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Well, I don’t think a decline in health is going to be a “good” sign 

I hope Mr. Rios Garcia is in good health. He is still able to feed himself, as shown in the photo of him drinking wine or a similar drink. He is doing good for a 113-year-old man

adancho reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Well done to the team who visited Mr Efrain Rios Garcia

And congratulations to LQ for making the visit possible via funding, certificates, gifts etc.

ReplyQuote
adancho
(@adancho)
Supercentenarian Fan

@mrcatlord You're right, the truth is that I only saw that photo and I didn't see the others.

There's clearly a bit of a decline, but it looks good for a 113 year 4 month old, considering that's an incredible age for a man.

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Just to put things in perspective, if Mora and Quintero didn’t exist, Efrain would be the oldest man since Nonaka, already being older than Saturnino, Emilio, Weighton, Watanabe, and the oldest man of the 2020s so far. Apart from those to he’s older than everyone in the last ten years except Kristal and Nonaka (and potentially Gerneth and Figuereo). Him and the late Mr. Quintero Lopez have been very overshadowed by JVPM (and Efrain himself was overshadowed by Eusebio). We had three men aged 113y 100d before Eusebio died, which is an insane feat on its own, but the fact that they are all from two neighbouring that are not usually very SC-rich makes it even crazier.

adancho reacted
ReplyQuote
adancho
(@adancho)
Supercentenarian Fan

I agree, he started to gain notoriety when he became the second oldest man alive.

10 years ago since the death of Jiroemon Kimura, men were barely 112 years old and I remember that it was a long time before a man turned 113 years old again.

It was Yisrael Kristal in September 2016 when he turned 113 years old.

After Francisco Nuñez Olivera turned 113 years old in December 2017.

Masazo Nonaka turned 113 in July 2018.

Then another 3 years passed until Emilio Flores turned 113 in August 2021, dying just 4 days later.

Only 4 men before Juan Vicente Perez Mora reached 113 years of age in the span of 9 years (2013-2022)

diego and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: