Clear all

Kane Tanaka (JPN, 1903-2022)

88 Posts
30 Users
297 Likes
(@andrea2002)
Fan
Topic starter  

Kane Tanaka is the oldest living person of the world, the oldest asian person ever and the 3rd oldest validated person ever. She was born on 2nd January 1903 in Fukuoka, Japan.

Dejan, Sonicbox, Record_116 and 2 people reacted
Record_116
(@record_116)

Today she is 8 years anniversary since GRG validation (18 March 2014). When she validated by the GRG, Dr. Stephen Coles (1941 - 2014), the founder of GRG was still alive.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

Pavlos123, Josia9353, Sonicbox and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

Then 2014, when Dr. Stephen Coles was in charge of GRG, GRG had 50 Living validated Supercentenarians, and today barely 14/15 validated living people...

If I'm not mistaken, Kane Tanaka is the last living person that Dr. Stephen Coles validated...

stoa-oid, Sonicbox, Pavlos123 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Kane Tanaka is now so close the tying and surpassing Sarah Knauss! She is so amazing!

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Posted by: @dejan

If I'm not mistaken, Kane Tanaka is the last living person that Dr. Stephen Coles validated...

Yes, Lucile Randon was validated in 2016 so it is clear that Kane Tanaka is last living person who validated by the GRG before Dr. L. Stephen Coles passed away.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

Sonicbox, Pavlos123 and Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pavlos123)
Fan

Kane Tanaka at 119 years and 81 days is two full years older than Chiyo Miyako, previous WOP.

Sonicbox, Methuselah, Dejan and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

I registered The 110 Club on 5 March 2014, just 13 days before Kane Tanaka was validated by the GRG. Certainly in 2014 I may have watch a post of reports that Kane Tanaka was validated. But I don't remember it at all because it's old date.

Sadly, in June 2021, the administrator of The 110 Club hidden a entire thread for "newly verified/pending cases", so Kane Takana's verification announce post in 2014 couldn't be seen.

Dejan, Sonicbox, The Onehundredth and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Back when Kane Tanaka was validated in 2014 I didn't even know about the 110 Club. I discovered the 110 Club in 2016 when I started reading in the forum. Then in 2017 I registered an account there and started posting.

Dejan, WellAbove110, Record_116 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Kane Tanaka has reached the age of 119 years and 87 days. She is now just 10 days away from tying Sarah Knauss.

siam, WellAbove110 and Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

Tanaka is one WEEK away from becoming the second longest-lived human (and moreover, hominid) on record. What a time. 

WellAbove110 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

It's truly astonishing that this milestone is so near. I remember looking at the lists of the oldest people during my early days of interest and pondering just how far in the distance Calment and Knauss were - it seemed like they'd never be surpassed when so many WOPs fell years short. Every WOP we got, I kept hoping that they'd be the one. Next week, we might finally see Knauss tied and surpassed. 

siam, WellAbove110, Josia9353 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
stoa-oid
(@stoa-oid)
Fan

Posted by: @dejan

Then 2014, when Dr. Stephen Coles was in charge of GRG, GRG had 50 Living validated Supercentenarians, and today barely 14/15 validated living people...

RIP Mr. Coles. I will never forget you...

We had lot of e-mail contact during some validation processes. He was a phenomenon and a model how a researcher should be. And he didn´t offend anybody. No outburst of anger or emotion. A real sir.

WellAbove110, Ale76, Sonicbox and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Ms. Kane Tanaka has reached April 2022 some hours ago and she's just 8 days away from tying Ms. Knauss (2nd Oldest Validated Person Ever). Forza Kane!

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

WellAbove110, Sonicbox, stoa-oid and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Kane Tanaka has now reached the age of 119 years and 3 months and also the age of 119 years and 90 days. She now has the same first digit in her two digit days number as in the final age of Sarah Knauss. She is now just one week away from tying Sarah Knauss. Kane Tanaka is so amazing!

WellAbove110, stoa-oid, Dejan and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

Going by days lived, she's less than a week away.

WellAbove110, Josia9353, stoa-oid and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 siam
(@siam)
Fan

It's a very nice coincidence that she will surpass Sarah Knauss on my birthday! I hope she makes it.

WellAbove110, ReZet, Josia9353 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

Posted by: @siam

It's a very nice coincidence that she will surpass Sarah Knauss on my birthday! I hope she makes it.

Calment would say she'd hope you'd make it 😉

ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Kane Tanaka is now only one week away from surpassing Sarah Knauss in the oldest ever ranking lists and five days away from surpassing Sarah Knauss in number of total days lived.

ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Kane Tanaka's age in number of total days lived is currently 43,557 days. She is now only 3 days away from surpassing Sarah Knauss in number of total days lived.

Josia9353, WellAbove110, Dejan and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Kane Tanaka is now just two days away from tying Sarah Knauss in the number of total days lived! Kane Tanaka is a living legend!

Dejan and Josia9353 reacted
ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

And she has also turned 119¼! 😍  She keeps our minds boggled 🤯 

Dejan and Sonicbox reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Ms. Kane Tanaka is now just ONE DAY away from tying Sarah Knauss in the number of total days lived!

Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

Sonicbox, Ell, stoa-oid and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Just one day away! Wow! She can't get any closer now without tying!

ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

The next 4 days potentially will be exciting.

ReplyQuote
(@sonicbox)
Fan

Kane Tanaka has now tied Sarah Knauss for 43,560 total days lived!

Ollie, siam, Josia9353 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pavlos123)
Fan

It's amazing how far Kane has come! This is a really major achievement, after all these deaths of SCs at 117, I hadn't thought that Knauss' age could be reached so soon.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Amazing Kane ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

ReplyQuote
(@andrea2002)
Fan
Topic starter  

Congratulations Kane Tanaka! A very big milestone! 

Josia9353, stoa-oid, Sonicbox and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

Provided she's made it, this is a huge milestone. Her family are very aware of her position, so hopefully there will be a post confirming this accomplishment.

Sonicbox, Josia9353, stoa-oid and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Josia9353
(@josia9353)
Fan

This day is indeed unreal. For almost 22½ years (~9 of which I have been following WOPs), Knauss has held onto second place so decisively, that I, at times, wondered whether we would see even second place taken over this decade or even the next. It is a great day for all longevity enthusiasts, and we owe it all to the wonderful Kane Tanaka! Many happy returns! 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: