Doyenne and Doyen of Honduras

14 Posts
4 Users
10 Likes
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  
The Doyen of Honduras should be Mr. Adolfo Iriarte Portillo (born 31 March 1914, 108).
Mr. Iriarte Portillo currently lives in Honduras.
He has been validated by LAS: https://www.supercentenarios.net/las-personas-vivas-m%C3%A1s-longevas

About the Doyenne of Honduras there are no SCs or almost SCs women pending or validated by LAS.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ArthurBrazil reacted
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Recently saw this on YouTube

https://youtube.com/shorts/VnKbFGK9Ntc?feature=share

Apparently the man in the video, Manuel Reyes is from Honduras as he's currently 110 years old. He was born on October 15, 1912. I tried looking into his case, but found nothing. Should he be consider a possible candidate for the Doyen of Honduras?

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

Posted by: @aquanaut

Manuel Reyes is from Honduras as he's currently 110 years old. He was born on October 15, 1912

He is FALSE and not 110 yesrs (110-year-old man can't look like that)...

Oldest living people in Honduras (108+) are the following people:

RankName Sex  Birth Age
1Modesto Caballero M15 June 1913109 years, 251+ days
2Eliseo Baquedano Gonzalez  M17 Oct 1913109 years, 127+ days
3Adolfo Iriarte Portillo M31 Mar 1914108 years, 327+ days

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @dejan

Posted by: @aquanaut

Manuel Reyes is from Honduras as he's currently 110 years old. He was born on October 15, 1912

He is FALSE and not 110 yesrs (110-year-old man can't look like that)...

Oldest living people in Honduras (108+) are the following people:

RankName Sex  Birth Age
1Modesto Caballero M15 June 1913109 years, 251+ days
2Eliseo Baquedano Gonzalez  M17 Oct 1913109 years, 127+ days
3Adolfo Iriarte Portillo M31 Mar 1914108 years, 327+ days

You're saying he's false just by his appearance alone, yet you have no issue believing that Modesto Caballero is true without any documents? He also looks too strong to be the age claimed, if that's the standard you're using. The only documented living case from Honduras is Adolfo Iriarte Portillo. 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ChrisR, Ale76, Aquanaut and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@mendocino Adolfo Iriarte Portillo is definitely (currently) the oldest documented living, but the two previously mentioned men are also under 110 so they are not questionable. Manuel Reyes is certainly not 110 years old including his appearance and everything else in that video. The aforementioned two men at least have an ID card...

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@dejan he's not verified to be 110, but I still think he should be given a fair chance. If he looked like he was 45, then I would agree with you that a 110 year old man cannot look 45. But some SCs look very young for their age. Bob Weighton, Tomiko Itooka, Violet Brown, and Efrain Antonio Rios Garcia look very young, just to name a few.

Edit: As far as I know we do not know whether he has an ID card. I could not find anything on him. He may have an ID card and all the documents to prove his age, and just hasn't submitted them yet. I think he should be considered a candidate, and put on to a "plausible" list. 

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@aquanaut_chalk Also there is no reliable source for him, the only one is that short video where his acquaintance told him "hey, come on say you're 110 years old, I need this for a video", I could have made such a video with an 80 + a homeless person and I say to him, tell me for the camera that you are 110 years and similar...

it was published for the first time on Facebook on 15 October 2022. LINK::

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@dejan did his acquaintance actually tell him to say that? I do not speak Spanish so if that was actually in the video, my apologies for wasting everyone's time. I do not have a translator, so the I was only able to gather confirmation of his age, birthdate and country from the comments section. 

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@dejan I watched the video that you provided, and again I do not understand Spanish, but I do find it a bit suspicious that a "different" video was uploaded to YouTube, and in the full video there is more conversation. You do make a good point. If it's true what you say, then I think we can debunk his case right away.

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@aquanaut_chalk I don't understand spanish either, but i can only imagine that this is a funny video...

At least 10 similar cases I found recently and I didn't post anything about them anywhere. I think that this is not the place for such a discussion and that it should be moved to a discussion topic called "How to recognize who is a real supercentenarian and who is not" or something similar...

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@dejan agreed. I'd move it, but I don't know how to do that... *cringe emoji*

Also I'm not sure if you were serious about actually creating a topic about recognizing real supercentenarians, but I think it's a good idea. I have a very difficult time telling which ones are real and which ones are fake. There are obvious signs, but sometimes they're a bit hidden. 

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

@aquanaut_chalk I don't know, the admin should provide that, I, like you, don't know where and under what title to start a topic in which news about new cases will be posted, for which we are not sure if they are real or not. After the discussion is finished in that thread, it can then be mentioned in other threads. For example, there are real cases that belong to the group of unverifiable cases, but that is not enough proof that someone's age is questionable and the like, so that should be discussed in another topic, I don't know where...

Because it is not appropriate for everyone to express their opinions in a topic where there is no place for it. This is a thread dedicated to documented cases, while other cases should go elsewhere, because Manuel Reyes is certainly not the OLP of Honduras and should not be mentioned in this thread...

Here it is written briefly and clearly: ,,cite'' ,,The Doyen of Honduras should be Mr. Adolfo Iriarte Portillo (born 31 March 1914, 108)." that's quite enough...

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Mendocino wrote:

María de los Ángeles Irías Alvarado - of Danlí, El Paraíso, Honduras - turned 108 on 25 April 2023. She was born in the same place on 25 April 1915, and is currently the oldest documented living woman in Honduras. 

Happy birthday!

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @dejan

@mendocino Adolfo Iriarte Portillo is definitely (currently) the oldest documented living, but the two previously mentioned men are also under 110 so they are not questionable. Manuel Reyes is certainly not 110 years old including his appearance and everything else in that video. The aforementioned two men at least have an ID card...

After doing some research, it seems like both Modesto Caballero and Eliseo Baquedano were actually born in 1921, which should come as no surprise to anyone who saw the photos/videos of them at the claimed age of "109". That being said, they both seem to be in good shape for being nearly 102. 

The Doyen of Honduras is 109-year-old Adolfo Iriarte Portillo (born 31 March 1914). His age has been validated by LAS.

The Doyenne of Honduras is 108-year-old María de los Ángeles Irías Alvarado (born 25 April 1915). Her age has been verified by LAS researchers, and will hopefully be recognized by LQ soon.

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

diego, Dejan and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: