Elvira Maurno Valladão (BRA, 1911-2023)

10 Posts
7 Users
10 Likes
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Ms. Elvira Maurno Valladão of Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo (BRA) sadly passed away on 29 December 2023, aged 112 years, 6 days.

Mrs. Maurno Valladão was born in São Paulo on 23 December 1911.

https://longeviquest.com/supercentenarians/elvira-maurno-valladao/

RIP Ms. Maurno Valladão

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego reacted
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Rest in Peace, Mrs. Maurno Valladao

ReplyQuote
(@filipe93)
Supercentenarian Fan

Descanse em paz, Elvira Maurno Valladão. 

At the time of her death she was the second-oldest (validated) living person in São Paulo, behind Henriqueta Soares Marques

ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Are there sources for the deaths of Mrs. Maurno, Mrs. Tanaka, and Mrs. Matsumoto other than their LQ pages? If there isn't, I'm afraid we'll have three new "limbo" cases (according to the GRG)

ReplyQuote
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan

Posted by: @mrcatlord

Are there sources for the deaths of Mrs. Maurno, Mrs. Tanaka, and Mrs. Matsumoto other than their LQ pages? If there isn't, I'm afraid we'll have three new "limbo" cases

We confirmed their deaths with their families. If certain individuals are attempting to discredit any information originating from LQ and ESO by falsely portraying us as unreliable sources, that is not our concern. GW is governed by a group of individuals pushing their own agenda, refusing to acknowledge anything from external sources. I believe many people are overly concerned about what GW will publish, and I see no reason why we should comply with the methods of such people, trying to find a public source just so they can confirm what's already confirmed. It's their problem, not ours. The more they do this, the more unreliable they become. Fortunately, there are now more sources to verify information besides GW.

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

024Tomi, Beaumont, heatwave116 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Rest in Peace Ms Elvira Maurno Valladao.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

She was the 6th oldest living person in South America and 31st oldest known in the history of the continent, 10th oldest known living person in Brazil,

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @diego

I found a source for Elvira's death:

Falecimentos - 02 de janeiro de 2024 - Classificados Tribuna Ribeirão (tribunaribeirao.com.br)

If LQ hadn't already confirmed her death with her family, this really wouldn't be sufficient proof that this actually refers to the SC, since it doesn't mention her age or DOB. 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

It's a newspaper from the city where she lived and died, and it has her full name, which is not a common name

ReplyQuote
Share: