Doyenne and Doyen of Jamaica

5 Posts
2 Users
7 Likes
diego
(@diego)
Fan
Topic starter  

Leanora Watson died on 18/Apr, was the oldest person living in Jamaica since 3/Sep/2022 and the oldest person born in Jamaica since 19/Sep/22, was born on 18/Feb/1912 and died in Brissett, Lucea , Hanover, now the oldest person born in Jamaica is Merle O'Hara, born in Kingston on 20/Feb/1912 and lives in Canada, the oldest known person living in Jamaica is Ethline Simpson, however her case is questionable and her date of birth is uncertain, being that she claims to be between jan/may 1913, and lives in st. Catherine, and there is no recent news about her, the strongest case then would be Nora Miller-Welsh born on March 28, 1914 in Hannover, and lives in the same place

Facebook

stoa-oid reacted
stoa-oid
(@stoa-oid)
Fan

Thanks, Diego, for your update.

Jamaica is the isle of my dreams. Unfortunately I haven´t been there. When I was a child, one played the song "Sun of Jamaica" (Boney M) up and down and we loved it:-)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @stoa-oid

Thanks, Diego, for your update.

Jamaica is the isle of my dreams. Unfortunately I haven´t been there. When I was a child, one played the song "Sun of Jamaica" (Boney M) up and down and we loved it:-)

How cool is the curiosity about Jamaica being the island of your dreams, I hope you fulfill your dream of going there someday and I hope you enjoy your stay there a lot.
I just listened to the song and I love it

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
stoa-oid
(@stoa-oid)
Fan

@diego 

I am happy to read your answer and that you have searched the song of my childhood and love it:-)

In the next days you will celebrate your birthday and we won´t forget you!

ChrisR, Ale76 and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan
Topic starter  

Thank you very much for the affection 🤗 😊 😉 

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: