Lucile Randon (FRA, 1904-2023)

17 Posts
15 Users
26 Likes
Simon Frogg
(@simon-frogg)
Fan
Topic starter  

Lucile Randon (Sœur André) sadly passed today aged 118 years and 340 days, in Toulon, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France. She was born in Ales, Gard, Occitanie, France on the 11th February 1904.

She was the Oldest Living Person in the world since the death of Kane Tanaka on the 19th April 2022 and the oldest living person in France since the death of Honorine Rondello on the 19th October 2017. She was the fourth oldest person ever.

Source

May she rest in peace.

This topic was modified 1 year ago 3 times by Simon Frogg

Interested in supercentenarians since 2017.
Favourite supercentenarian: Kane Tanaka (1903-2022)
Favourite living supercentenarian: Juan Vicente Perez Mora (born 1909)

stoa-oid and diego reacted
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭so sad. I'm going to be honest with you people, I do not cry easily, but the sad passing of Mrs. Randon made me cry. I had been doing a lot of reading about Mrs. Randon and she was an amazing person. She was a good honest, hard working woman. She will be missed greatly. I had ultimate respect for Mrs. Randon and I think it would've been cool to meet her. I feel like a large piece of my heart has been ripped out. I would beat myself up if it meant that Lucile did not have to die today. Whyyyyyyy😭😭😭 this isn't fair! Mrs. Randon had so much to live for still! She was content and healthy! I wish there was something I could've done to extend Mrs. Randon's life. Good people don't deserve to die😭 I feel like I lost a dear friend. She was a good woman. Why do good people have to die this way😭😭😭 I feel so sick and hurt. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 My soul is crushed. She was such a good person! The Earth lost one of its heroes today. She was one of the most inspiring people in history! I feel so angry at myself because I feel like I could have honored Mrs. Randon more during her lifetime. I wish I had done something for her. Like I wish I had made a banner or something to honor her 118 faithful years, and I'm in so much pain that I didn't. I just feel that she passed too soon. She deserved more time as World's Oldest Living Person. She loved being in the spotlight. Shine on Mrs. Randon, shine on. A Saint on Earth, now a Saint in heaven. R.I.P. Mrs. Randon you will not be forgotten. This woman was one of Earth's greatest heroes. From beyond the dome, I hope she can read my message somehow. Rest in peace. I wish she had gotten more years to experience life. It made me so happy that Mrs. Randon was happy. She deserved to be happy. She was a very great woman. Very painful to see this news. Very VERY painful. And it's a rainy day today. The angels wept tears of joy that now Sister Andre joined them in heaven. That's why it rained today. Goodbye Sister Andre. One day I'll join you beyond the dome. Goodbye. 

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ReplyQuote
(@viitos)
Fan

End of an era. Kane Tanaka and Lucile Randon forever in our ♥️

This post was modified 1 year ago by Viitos

ChrisR and stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

RIP Souer André 

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
Partizan
(@partizan)
Supercentenarian Fan

Very Sad News. Rest in Peace Sister Lucile 😞😞

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
FinbarrC
(@finbarrc)
Supercentenarian Fan

Very sad news, she wrote a remarkable and endearing chapter in the history of longevity.

Excepting undiscovered cases, Jeanne Calment's record will now endure until at least 14 August 2029.

39 years and counting...

https://finbarrconnolly.com/chronicle/

ReplyQuote
Charlesm09
(@charlesm09)
Fan

Repose en paix, Lucile Randon/Sœur André (1904-2023).

Interested in supercentenarians since 27 July 2018.
First supercentenarian I learned about: Kane Tanaka (1903-2022)

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
 FEW
(@few)
Fan

Rest in eternal peace, Sister André, Lucile Randon, may you now see what you believed in your life.

ChrisR and stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Rest in peace. 

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
stoa-oid
(@stoa-oid)
Fan

Soeur André, my alltime favourite oldest person in the past and future, rest in eternal peace.

The endless light of God will burn for you forever. You will pray for us human beings in heaven as you did it before every single day on earth.

We will painfulliestly miss you until we meet one day.

S a n t a  s u b i t o! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

PS Scientists, atheists etc. as dry as a bone may forgive my non-professional words.

Gabriel_PT and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Rest In Peace Sister Andre.

One of our all time longevity legends.

A humble and caring type of person who didn’t necessarily respond easily to the fame that her longevity brought, but she did grow into this role a little over the past few years.

She had wished for some time to pass on, and meet her brothers from World War One and other beloved  family members. So we hope she has achieved that wish now.

You will be remembered for a long time. 

stoa-oid and Gabriel_PT reacted
ReplyQuote
Gabriel_PT
(@gabriel_pt)
Fan

Rest in peace Souer André 

ESO Correspondent for Portugal

stoa-oid reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Rest in peace, Mrs Randon. You've achieved a remarkable feat, and, above all, you've been an inspiration to many.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Ollie
(@ollie)
Fan

Rest in peace, Lucile Randon, fourth-oldest validated person of all-time. Despite looking frail for quite a while, she almost made it to her 119th birthday. With her death, we lose the last living link to 1904, 1905, and 1906.

GRG Administrative Assistant for Database Administration (27 February 2016 – 18 November 2022)

Ale76, diego and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Sister Andre's own world record is of course being the oldest person ever to assume the title of WOP. 

Lucile Randon      118    67

Sarah Knauss      117   203

Nabi Tajima         117    42

Violet Brown        117    36

Rest In Peace Sister Andre.

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

May she RIP. 🙁 In or around August 2021, I predicted that one of the then-currently verified people born in 1904 or before would live to see 2023, and I ended up being proven right in regards to this. Sad that Lucile Randon didn't live to see age 119, but she still lived an extraordinarily long life.

France now had the female equivalent of a 119-year-old man and the female equivalent of an almost 116-year-old man, which really is extraordinarily impressive!

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @ollie

Rest in peace, Lucile Randon, fourth-oldest validated person of all-time. Despite looking frail for quite a while, she almost made it to her 119th birthday. With her death, we lose the last living link to 1904, 1905, and 1906.

And the last French link to the 1900-1909 decade.

Quite amazing that she managed to live within four years of Jeanne Calment's age. Impressive for another French person to do this less than 30 years after Calment's death.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: