Catherina van der L...

Notifications
Clear all

Catherina van der Linden (NLD/AUS, 1912-2024)

12 Posts
8 Users
19 Reactions
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Ms. Catherina van der Linden sadly passed away in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia on 26 January 2024 at the age 111 years 153 days.

She was born on 26 August 1912 in Amersfoort, Utrecht, Netherlands.

She was the oldest known living Dutch-born person after the death of Ms. Boekema-Hut on 11 June 2022, and she was also the oldest known living person in Australia after the death of Ms. Moore on 31 March 2023.

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/tributes/notice/death-notices/van-der-linden-catherina-adriana-toos/6169331/

Rest in peace.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

FEW, diego and GJK_1966 reacted
JimJim00
(@jimjim00)
Fan

Rust in vrede / Rest in peace, Catherina van der Linden, my first ever personal verified supercentenarian.

FEW, Marco and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Rest in Peace Catherine van der Linden.

Oldest person in Australia.

FEW and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

She was the 19th oldest person in Australian history.
She was the oldest person in Australia by 301 days, she was the third person from South Australia to be the oldest person in the country, after Ada Cleggett from 19 Nov 1993 to 8 Dec 1995 and Mary Nixon from 3 May 1981 to 10 May 1982
Oldest person in Australia since Dexter Kruger who died aged 111 years, 188 days on 20 July 2021
The oldest person born in Utrecht (Netherlands), the second oldest emigrant in history born in the Netherlands, behind Nellie van der Meulen who died on 11 September 1992 at 111 years and 209 days in the USA
20 oldest person in the history of Oceania, the oldest living person on the continent, who happens to be Marija Ruljancich, her successor as the oldest living person in Australia
93 oldest emigrant ever (validated), 5 oldest living emigrant European person,
She was the 36th oldest living person born in Europe

FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @diego

Oldest person in Australia since Dexter Kruger who died aged 111 years, 188 days on 20 July 2021

oldest known living person in Australia after the death of Ms. Moore on 31 March 2023.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

FEW and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

Posted by: @ale76

oldest known living person in Australia after the death of Ms. Moore on 31 March 2023.

I had written in the translator that it is the first from the state of South Australia since Dexter Kruger, but the translation did not say South, thanks for pointing that out

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

I know deaths at these ages shouldn't come as a surprise, but this one did. I thought she still looked great!

Rust zacht, mevrouw Van der Linden.

Overduidelijk misschien.

FEW and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

I was going to say something similar Marco.

its interesting that January/February deaths are also often high in the southern hemisphere despite it being the peak of our summer.

FEW and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @marco

I know deaths at these ages shouldn't come as a surprise, but this one did. I thought she still looked great!

Rust zacht, mevrouw Van der Linden.

She looked great as of her 111th birthday, but I always need to remind myself that half a year is a very long time for a SC, and she could've declined a lot over the course of that time, since I don't think we got any new updates since August.

Rest in peace.

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

FEW and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Rest in Peace, Mrs. van der Linden

Extremely shocking news given how well she was doing before

Does it say anything about how she died? (Hopefully it wasn't like Clarabell Demers)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

I had written in the translator that it is the first from the state of South Australia since Dexter Kruger, but the translation did not say South, thanks for pointing that out

Correcting my post above, I meant that she was the oldest person to die in Australia since Dexter, as none of the successors had reached Catherine van der Linden's age, forget what I said in the previous answer, I made a big mess

ReplyQuote
 FEW
(@few)
Fan

Rest in eternal peace, Ms. Catherina van der Linden (1912-2023).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: