Lillian Moran (USA, 1911-2024)

9 Posts
6 Users
7 Likes
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan
Topic starter  

Mrs. Lillian Moran from Moorhead, Minnesota, USA sadly passed away on April 2, 2024 at the age of 113 years old.

She was born on March 18, 1911 in Maddock, North Dakota, USA and she was the oldest living person in Minnesota.

https://www.hansonrunsvold.com/obituaries/Lillian-Moran/#!/TributeWall

Rest in peace, Ms. Moran.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi piรน longeve in Italia โ€“ Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego reacted
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Rest in peace Ms Moran.

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

Very sad news. Her age of 113 was the culmination of her family's exceptional longevity. Lillian's maternal grandmother Anna Jorgina Nottestad (1870-1973) lived to be 103, and what I find truly astonishing is that her five earliest-born children were all alive at the beginning 1989, at the ages of 101, 98, 95, 93 and 91, respectively. Eventually, five of Anna's children lived to be at least 99, including Lillian's mother, Emma Julia Jacobson (1890-1990).

May Mrs. Moran she rest in peace.

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

ChrisR and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

She is the 431 oldest person in history.166 oldest in US history. She was the oldest living person living in Minnesota, Frances Volz succeeds her born on 13 July 1913 in
Red Wing, Minnesota, Moran is the 5th oldest in history to die in that state. She was the oldest living person born in North Dakota and 3rd in history, she is now succeeded by Dorothy Reed born on June 9, 1913 in Fried.Moran was the 4 oldest person in the USA and 24th in the world

RIP

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

R.I.P. Ms Lillian Moran

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

@diego Others have already mentioned it, but I also do think it'd be beneficial if you stuck to, let's say, top 20 or top 50 achievements only. It is obviously cannot be stated for certain she was the 431st oldest person in history (we could probably never learn her real spot), and it just sounds insignificant and, honestly, a bit belittling, too (even though we know age 113 is an amazing achivement).

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

Posted by: @024tomi

@diego Others have already mentioned it, but I also do think it'd be beneficial if you stuck to, let's say, top 20 or top 50 achievements only. It is obviously cannot be stated for certain she was the 431st oldest person in history (we could probably never learn her real spot), and it just sounds insignificant and, honestly, a bit belittling, too (even though we know age 113 is an amazing achivement).

I don't consider it derogatory, it is an achievement, yes, and incredible, it is not my intention to depreciate anyone, quite the opposite. Her position is in relation to the validated

ย 

ChrisR and Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

The word โ€œderogateโ€ may be slightly better than using โ€œdepreciateโ€ here.

Depreciate is an accounting term which tends to relate to periodically writing down the value of an asset as it ages.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Rest in Peace, Mrs. Lillian Moran. She was the oldest white American resident for the last bit of her life... when was the last time that title had been held by a 112-year-old?

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: