History of Three Men in the Top 20 Oldest Living People

12 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Wow! Is this the first time in history the top 20 has seen THREE men?

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

(@930310)
Gerontology student

@aquanaut_chalk it probably happened in 2010-11 when Walter Breuning, Horacio Celi Mendoza and Jiroemon Kimura were all 113+.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

@930310 true!

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

Posted by: @aquanaut

Probably not (just think of pre-20th century times), but it is almost certain Eusebio and Efrain Antonio are not in the top 20 living people (possibly not even Juan Vincente).

ย 

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

What about early 2003, with John Ingram McMorran, Yukichi Chuganji, and Joan Riudavets all being alive and all simultaneously being 113+?

ย 

Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @024tomi

Probably not (just think of pre-20th century times), but it is almost certain Eusebio and Efrain Antonio are not in the top 20 living people (possibly not even Juan Vincente).

ย 

Do you think that there is a man who is genuinely older than Juan Vicente, even if he doesn't have the documents to prove his age like Juan Vicente has?

ย 

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @930310

@aquanaut_chalk it probably happened in 2010-11 when Walter Breuning, Horacio Celi Mendoza and Jiroemon Kimura were all 113+.

That time was very strong for extreme male longevity in general since we also had Mauro Ambriz Tapia still be alive at almost age 113.5 at that point in time.

ย 

Mendocino reacted
ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

@futurist At this point, I'd estimate it's 60-70% that Juan Vincente is the true oldest living male in the world. However, I find it probable that there's approximately 10 women not on the list above that are older than him.

Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @024tomi

@futurist At this point, I'd estimate it's 60-70% that Juan Vincente is the true oldest living male in the world. However, I find it probable that there's approximately 10 women not on the list above that are older than him.

Worldwide, you mean, right? Including in areas with historically poor documentation such as Sub-Saharan Africa, India (especially among the poor and low-caste), et cetera. If so, then that would make sense, I think.

ย 

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

@futurist How else could I mean it?

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

@futurist In my opinion, I'd say that there's probably an 80-90% chance that there is a man out there that is older than him and just doesn't have the documentation to prove it. Like I've mentioned in previous posts, possibly Mr. Flores Flores, but I would say there's a decent chance. However, I'd also say that if there is a man out there older than Mr. Mora who hasn't been discovered yet, there's probably only a 10% chance that he will actually have the documentation to prove it.

Still waiting to hear back from Mr. Flores Flores's family, but if it turns out he's not actually the age he claims to be, then I think that it's safe to say Mr. Mora is probably the oldest living man who has the documentation to prove it.ย 

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

@futurist honestly I think the probability of a man being genuinely older than Mr. Mora will go up quite a bit if Dominguez gets validated. If Dominguez was also born in 1910, and assuming Longsheng's age was calculated correctly, that means we'd have 4 men born in 1910 (Lopez, Garcia, Longsheng, and Dominguez).ย 

If this is correct and we use the probability rule, we should have 2 living men born in 1909 (Mora and one other), and 1 living man born in 1908.ย 

If Dominguez was NOT born in 1910, and we used the probability rule, then we would have 3 living men from 1910, and 1, but possibly 2 living men from 1909, and probably 0 living men from 1908. So in this way, the odds would be in Mr. Mora's favor that he is actually the oldest living man in the world, with a decent chance that there was another 1909-born man YOUNGER than him, OR a small chance that there is another 1909-born man OLDER than him.ย 

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: