Announcements

58 Posts
18 Users
73 Likes
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

This topic will be used to make announcements about the structure and organisation of the Global Supercentenarian Forum.

diego and Record_116 reacted
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

As of today - 15 March 2022 - member 024Tomi is also a moderator on this forum, joining seto2001 and Fabri21.

Congratulations, 024Tomi, and good luck!

EstebanGonzalez, Record_116, Ale76 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan

Congratulations @024tomi and good luck!

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

Admin and 024Tomi reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

Today, on 15 March 2022, one more member was promoted to a moderator - Ale76.

His experience will be of the great help in building of this forum. 

Congratulations and good luck!

Sonicbox, Ollie, EstebanGonzalez and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Amck
 Amck
(@amck)
Fan

Congrats Ale76! 😊

Interested in Gerontology since: May 13th 2016
Favourite Living Supercentenarian: Kikuyo Honma (1910-)
Favourite Supercentenarian Ever: Chiyo Miyako (1901-2018)
Profile Photo: Fusa Tatsumi (1907-)

Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Congratulations to both 024Tomi and Ale76! (And to seto2001 and Fabri21 too, of course!)

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Thanks guys for the assignment and the support!

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

Sonicbox, Amck and Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Purple ...Fun fact: In Eastern culture, Purple is always meaning the person with highest position. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Level_Cap_and_Rank_System

It doesn't matter but, some people may be remind of this color is the GRG director's username color on the GRG SC forum.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

A small announcement: as Record_116 has become moderator on the 110 Club - congratulations, a privilege! - I've decided to demote him to regular member here. I feel there might be a conflict of interest for the time being.

I hope you understand and respect my decision, Record_116.

Record_116, Ale76 and 024Tomi reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Yes, as I posted here, I'm now moderator of that site. A bit unexpected thing (despite I posting "I will leave", etc.).
In fact I've been demanding to be a moderator since about a year ago to The 110 Club admin them, and one of The 110 Club's admin has allowed it this time.

I respect the decisions of the admin team here. If things change in the future, please return me to "Trusted Member" status if the team thinks it necessary.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

Congratulations to @930310 and to @Ell on having become our newest moderators! 😊 

@sailor-haumea: we've reviewed your application, but we felt there were still some trust issues (110 Club "scars," so to speak) to be overcome. However, we do feel you have a much improved attitude compared to the one you had on the 110 Club, and we do feel you're working your way towards Trusted Member status if you continue like this. 🙃 

Ollie, Record_116, Ell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Amck
 Amck
(@amck)
Fan

Congratulations @930310 and @Ell for becoming moderators! Two very deserving members and I’m sure you’ll do fantastically!

Interested in Gerontology since: May 13th 2016
Favourite Living Supercentenarian: Kikuyo Honma (1910-)
Favourite Supercentenarian Ever: Chiyo Miyako (1901-2018)
Profile Photo: Fusa Tatsumi (1907-)

Ollie, Record_116, Ell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

Posted by: @admin

Congratulations to @930310 and to @Ell on having become our newest moderators! 😊 

@sailor-haumea: we've reviewed your application, but we felt there were still some trust issues (110 Club "scars," so to speak) to be overcome. However, we do feel you have a much improved attitude compared to the one you had on the 110 Club, and we do feel you're working your way towards Trusted Member status if you continue like this. 🙃 

That's entirely understandable. Thank you for considering me at least.

Congrats to Jimmy and Ell!

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Congrats, Jimmy and Ell!

Overduidelijk misschien.

Ell reacted
ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

Thank you all!

Ollie reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Congratulations to Ell and 930310 on having become moderators!!!!

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

Ell, 930310 and Ollie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

As of today - 30 April 2022 - the main page of this website has been updated with the new GSCF logo.

I have tried to also connect the logo to this forum - it is a page within the website - but, unfortunately, to no avail.

Marco and Sailor Haumea reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Posted by: @admin

A small announcement: as Record_116 has become moderator on the 110 Club - congratulations, a privilege! - I've decided to demote him to regular member here. I feel there might be a conflict of interest for the time being.

I hope you understand and respect my decision, Record_116.

https://the110club.com/announcement-new-administrator-yumi-yamamoto-t27900.html

For fairness, what do you think about the new The 110 Club admin? (but I don't think remove TM status needed, however.)

----

As I said in that thread, I may be back to the community (other members of the Japanese forum also seem to want me to be back).

I will strive to regain trust with other members.

I haven't decided yet, but it might be better to stop saying "I will leave" anymore. One of reason is, the famous SC always die shortly after I say "I will leave", etc.

Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

Posted by: @record_116

It might be better to stop saying "I will leave" anymore. 

Finally you've come to this conclusion.

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

Amck and Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

https://the110club.com/announcement-new-administrator-yumi-yamamoto-t27900.html

For fairness, what do you think about the new The 110 Club admin? (but I don't think remove TM status needed, however.)

----

As I said in that thread, I may be back to the community (other members of the Japanese forum also seem to want me to be back).

I will strive to regain trust with other members.

I haven't decided yet, but it might be better to stop saying "I will leave" anymore. One of reason is, the famous SC always die shortly after I say "I will leave", etc.

Hi Record_116,

A couple of days ago, this forum member contacted us about the position she had been offered on the 110 Club. This gave us time to discuss with one another what would be a fitting way to deal with this (seeing, for instance, how you have been demoted). We decided it was best for both the 110 Club and the GSCF is she remained a trusted member here as well.

I realise this might seem unfair to you, but the main reason for the difference is this:

1. She has shown in all of her posts and behaviour that she is a stable, communicative person, who doesn't take rash decisions. In your case, we've seen that you can decide to leave and come back repeatedly, and you also seem to be either supportive of or critical of certain members (be it 110 Club members or GSCF members) depending on which day of the week it is. This does not give us the conviction that we need in granting you trusted member status; we'd first like to see improved, positive, and more stable behaviour from you. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Thank you for your explanation.

At least in the future I wouldn't comment like "I leave for long time" in any SNS site. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

It's embarrassing to say "I'm leaving" repeatedly. that's right. I think more positively.
I am the founder of the Japanese forum, the second largest open SC forum in the world. Person in such a position are required to more good skill of communication. I'm apologize.

kiyo oikawa reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 45)

It's embarrassing to say "I'm leaving" repeatedly. that's right. I think more positively.
I am the founder of the Japanese forum, the second largest open SC forum in the world. Person in such a position are required to more good skill of communication. I'm apologize.

Would you post a link to the Japanese forum please? I’d be interested to join 😊

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

@ollieukscfan In my signature, the forum's URL is included. Please see the bottom left of the forum index page. There is an option to make the forum English. After doing that, everyone will probably understand how to create an account, even if I don't explain it. Because it's easy thing. 

Please let me know if you have any questions!

ReplyQuote
(@kiyo-oikawa)
Fan

Posted by: @ollieukscfan

I would be happy if you could join us☺️Thank you. One of Japanese forum administrator, kiyo oikawa

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 45)

@ollieukscfan In my signature, the forum's URL is included. Please see the bottom left of the forum index page. There is an option to make the forum English. After doing that, everyone will probably understand how to create an account, even if I don't explain it. Because it's easy thing. 

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you 😊 

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 45)

Posted by: @kiyo-oikawa
Posted by: @ollieukscfan

I would be happy if you could join us☺️Thank you. One of Japanese forum administrator, kiyo oikawa

Many thanks 🙏 

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

In fact I've been demanding to be a moderator since about a year ago to The 110 Club admin them, and one of The 110 Club's admin has allowed it this time.

Please let me a minor fix: the word "demanding" was most probably not better English word. I'm not native of English language speaker, so sometimes made mistakes.

In fact I never "demanding" to my promotion to The 110 Club admins using private messages or emails.

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

Just to mention this...

I have made the "Claims / Myths / Debunked" subforums in both Supercentenarians and Gallery part of the "Deceased Supercentenarians" section, in case you were searching for them.

(Living claims go under "Living Supercentenarians" for the time being.)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: