5 Posts
3 Users
11 Likes
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

Dear all,

Trusted Membership gives you access to the more private part of the forum, where, among others, you will find an area to have a go at validation or revalidation of supercentenarians. In order to be eligible for trusted membership, you will have to meet the following criteria:

1. You will need to have been a member of this forum for at least three (3) months.

2. You will need to have made a minimum of fifty (50) posts. [Meaning... if you haven't made fifty posts in the first three months, you won't be a TM yet.]

3. You will need to have made at least one hundred (100) posts in the previous year to remain trusted member. [Applicable as of 1 March 2023]

4. You will need to have a clean track record: no bans or suspensions, and/or improved behaviour after a warning.

5. You will need to have made quality posts, i.e. more than "happy birthday!" or "RIP".

6. Trusted Membership is given at the discretion of the admin + moderators. We will need to feel you can be trusted.

I realise that especially points 5+6 are subjective and could cause frustration or irritation. And that is perfectly okay. If you feel that you should be given trusted membership but you have not been awarded it (yet), please feel free to discuss it in the "Complaints Corner" subforum. That's what it exists for.

As for these first three months, points 1+2 are an issue as well, as some members have immediately gained TM status, whereas others have not yet. This is also to do with what we know of the current members and their backgrounds - with some, it helps they've shown good behaviour elsewhere, with others it might be the case we just don't know them well enough yet. In any case, please realise that in these first couple of months (let's say until the end of June) you might see members being granted trusted membership, even if they might not meet criterion 1 or 2 yet. Once more, feel free to address this perceived unfairness in the "Complaints Corner" subforum.

And please realise this first and foremost: the admin and the moderators are human beings. We make mistakes, too, and we will probably (unknowingly) be biased in some cases. But we are always willing to discuss why we have taken certain decisions - and this might even lead to decisions being revisited (as has already happened).

ddmkm122, Methuselah, ReZet and 4 people reacted
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Thank you for the thorough explanation regarding trusted member status and its requirements.

Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 45)

Posted by: @admin

Dear all,

Trusted Membership gives you access to the more private part of the forum, where, among others, you will find an area to have a go at validation or revalidation of supercentenarians. In order to be eligible for trusted membership, you will have to meet the following criteria:

1. You will need to have been a member of this forum for at least three (3) months.

2. You will need to have made a minimum of fifty (50) posts. [Meaning... if you haven't made fifty posts in the first three months, you won't be a TM yet.]

3. You will need to have made at least one hundred (100) posts in the previous year to remain trusted member. [Applicable as of 1 March 2023]

4. You will need to have a clean track record: no bans or suspensions, and/or improved behaviour after a warning.

5. You will need to have made quality posts, i.e. more than "happy birthday!" or "RIP".

6. Trusted Membership is given at the discretion of the admin + moderators. We will need to feel you can be trusted.

I realise that especially points 5+6 are subjective and could cause frustration or irritation. And that is perfectly okay. If you feel that you should be given trusted membership but you have not been awarded it (yet), please feel free to discuss it in the "Complaints Corner" subforum. That's what it exists for.

As for these first three months, points 1+2 are an issue as well, as some members have immediately gained TM status, whereas others have not yet. This is also to do with what we know of the current members and their backgrounds - with some, it helps they've shown good behaviour elsewhere, with others it might be the case we just don't know them well enough yet. In any case, please realise that in these first couple of months (let's say until the end of June) you might see members being granted trusted membership, even if they might not meet criterion 1 or 2 yet. Once more, feel free to address this perceived unfairness in the "Complaints Corner" subforum.

And please realise this first and foremost: the admin and the moderators are human beings. We make mistakes, too, and we will probably (unknowingly) be biased in some cases. But we are always willing to discuss why we have taken certain decisions - and this might even lead to decisions being revisited (as has already happened).

If I wish to discuss this at the complaints corner, which subheading should I do it under? Registration issues?

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @ollieukscfan

If I wish to discuss this at the complaints corner, which subheading should I do it under? Registration issues?

No, just as a topic in Complaints Corner (where you can also start a topic).

EDIT: or do you mean a topic title? Why not "Trusted Membership"? 😉 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 45)

@admin thanks, will open a new topic in complaints corner in the morning when I’ve woken up properly haha

Josia9353 and Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: