Notifications
Clear all

GRG - Pending cases

74 Posts
13 Users
76 Likes
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@chrisr I obtained her birth record like 7+ years ago and sent it to the GRG at the time (not that I expect to be acknowledged for that contribution). So they have that document at least.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Thanks for that J and I’m not surprised to see your strong involvement in another major case.

it appears that Ollie Trim is no longer turning up here. Otherwise we could ask him if they intend to acknowledge your input, should this matter be finalised.

ReplyQuote
Beaumont
(@beaumont)
Supercentenarian Fan

@chrisr Unless I've misunderstood, I believe Ollie has resigned from the GRG.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

That is very interesting news Beaumont.

Thank you very much for the update.

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Posted by: @beaumont

There was a post about it by Ollie a week or two ago. Apparently related to his health. I wish him a good recovery.

diego and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

Posted by: @930310

Posted by: @beaumont

There was a post about it by Ollie a week or two ago. Apparently related to his health. I wish him a good recovery.

I spoke to Ollie the other day. He seems to be much happier now that he's left the GRG and doesn't have all the work taking over his life. The health issues were really stress relating to the ever increasing strain upon him (lets face it, he was the only one really doing any research there and was expected to do all the admin).

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

I certainly join those hoping Ollie’s health (and/or stress levels) are on the mend.

ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

Posted by: @chrisr

I certainly join those hoping Ollie’s health (and/or stress levels) are on the mend.

There's nothing wrong with his physical health (in spite of the rumours that have circulated), I am pleased to assure people of that. 

ChrisR, diego and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Recently announced pending cases, one of whom as mentioned above by MrCatlord:

Jožef Szuchár, SVK, 16 Feb 1857 - 11 Aug 1967. (Already ESO-validated and LQ-recognised.)

António Ardón Soto, CRI, 2 Sept 1888 - 3 Nov 1998. (Already LQ-validated.)

María Colón Aponte, PRI, 27 Apr 1891 - 28 Oct 2003. (Already LQ-validated.)

Faustino Vargas Pérez, CRI, 27 Sept 1896 - 20 Aug 2008.

Wenceslao Leyva González, MEX, 28 Sept 1903 - 27 Dec 2016. (Already LQ-validated.)

Magdalena Oliver Gabarró, ESP, 31 Oct 1903 - 1 May 2019.

Jacinta Silva, URY, 15 May 1904 - 29 July 2016. (Already LQ-validated.)

Josefina Quirós Soto, CRI, 12 Apr 1905 - 7 Oct 2015. (Already LQ-validated.)

Domingo Villa Avisencio, MEX, 26 Aug 1906 - 3 Nov 2019. (Already LQ-validated.)

Niko Dragoš, SVN, 27 Aug 1907 - 31 Mar 2018.

Veronika Zsilinszki, SRB/HUN, 4 Feb 1908 - 20 Apr 2021.

Manuel Benaventa Sanhueza, CHL, 25 Sept 1909 - 21 Mar 2021. (Already LQ-validated.)

Stanisław Kowalski, POL, 14 Apr 1910 - 5 Apr 2022.

Juan Gabriel Hernández Matamoros, CRI, 19 Oct 1913 - 20 Jan 2024. (Already LQ-validated.)

Overduidelijk misschien.

Aquanaut and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

So Ollie leaves and then they add a bunch of notable pending cases? Seems a bit suspicious to me

ChrisR, Ale76 and Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Indeed … some very old cases.

With Ollie’s departure, none of he, Waclaw or Robert have posted in the last 10 days on the Forum, with Robert absent since late February.

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @mrcatlord

So Ollie leaves and then they add a bunch of notable pending cases?

No, they didn't add them just now; they've only turned them publicly pending. Most of these have been pending for a long time (as evidenced by the application date), although it's interesting to note that the validators who have received the credits for (most of) these cases were not the ones I put on the pending list, or were only one of a group of validators (as also stated by 930310 above).

Most (former) GRG-correspondents know these people have been on the pending list for a long time; on the private part of the (former/old?) GRG forum I would post an updated version of the pending list on every first of the month up to and including 1 January 2020 (when I resigned for various reasons, one of them being that not all applications were still sent to me, resulting in me feeling my role within the GRG wasn't taken seriously by some high-ranked other GRG volunteers; if felt as if a Game of Thrones-game was being played behind the scenes). When I left, there were 650+ pending cases on the "applied when alive" list and 850+ on the "applied when deceased" one, which makes for over 1,500 cases on the pending list back then (and as you can see, most recent validations are from applications made after 1 Jan 2020). But hey, I've been deemed a "traitor" and a "thief" and a "criminal" and what else, so what do I know?

For post-2020 applications, Stanisław Kowalski makes sense (with him being Polish - but his birth certificate can also be found online), Veronika Zsilinszki's proof of birth was submitted by someone else back then (and not just to the GRG), the South American ones were submitted by not just Jeffrey Xu, but also by the validators who have verified and validated these cases for LAS/LQ, and documentation for recently-turned-pending Costa Rican cases can be found online.

Overduidelijk misschien.

930310 reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Recently pending case, as of 31 March 2024:

Odessa Bowie, USA, 29 Mar 1914 - Present.

Overduidelijk misschien.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Currently pending, as of 10 and 14 March 2024:

Ina Okazawa, JPN, 10 Mar 1910 - Present.

Julia Siragusa, PRI/USA, 11 Mar 1914 - Present.

Overduidelijk misschien.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: