List of 113+ Supercentenarians

36 Posts
6 Users
26 Likes
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

As promised last week, attached is a "first cut" list of those 113+ supercentenarians, validated by any of the currently recognised entities - that I am aware of. 

In that respect please note.

1. I've been out of this space for a while, hence may not be aware of some validated cases. If anyone is interested in looking at the list and notes any omissions, please let me know.

2 For this list I've included "LAS" or "ESO" where the respective websites indicate a validated 113+ candidate - to help with any matching - but I may remove these letters in the future.

3. There will be an updated list coming which will add any inclusions that  others may raise, will include a column for  the number days each individual lived and will shorten the individuals county to the 3 letter abbreviations adopted on this site. (This may change the order of some "tied" ages - where the earliest to reach that age is listed first for now). For now my focus is on getting all the names included.

4. For now green notes a living supercentenarian. The lighter yellow ("ochre") notes someone who achieved the title of WOP whilst the dark yellow denotes an individual who held the title of WOPOAT. Clearly some of these may change if there are validations I've missed.

5. In terms of individual assumptions to date - people may not agree with some of the 113+ limbo ages or assumptions made.  

6. I've assumed there is as yet no proof that Naka Mori, Tou Tajiri, Ichi Ishida or Mitsu Toshima definitely reached 113, hence they are not included at this stage.

7. If there is any feedback, feel free to be positive or critical - I don't mind.

But hopefully we can get a strong 113+ validated list. 

Ale76 and Amck reacted
(@rich_villa)
Very cool haha

Posted by: @chrisr

As promised last week, attached is a "first cut" list of those 113+ supercentenarians, validated by any of the currently recognised entities - that I am aware of. 

In that respect please note.

1. I've been out of this space for a while, hence may not be aware of some validated cases. If anyone is interested in looking at the list and notes any omissions, please let me know.

2 For this list I've included "LAS" or "ESO" where the respective websites indicate a validated 113+ candidate - to help with any matching - but I may remove these letters in the future.

3. There will be an updated list coming which will add any inclusions that  others may raise, will include a column for  the number days each individual lived and will shorten the individuals county to the 3 letter abbreviations adopted on this site. (This may change the order of some "tied" ages - where the earliest to reach that age is listed first for now). For now my focus is on getting all the names included.

4. For now green notes a living supercentenarian. The lighter yellow ("ochre") notes someone who achieved the title of WOP whilst the dark yellow denotes an individual who held the title of WOPOAT. Clearly some of these may change if there are validations I've missed.

5. In terms of individual assumptions to date - people may not agree with some of the 113+ limbo ages or assumptions made.  

6. I've assumed there is as yet no proof that Naka Mori, Tou Tajiri, Ichi Ishida or Mitsu Toshima definitely reached 113, hence they are not included at this stage.

7. If there is any feedback, feel free to be positive or critical - I don't mind.

But hopefully we can get a strong 113+ validated list. 

Thanks, but the list is sideways for some reason

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Thanks Re-Zet,

Not sure why its spun around and I'll try and load it again later.

For now if you are on an appropriate device you can "rotate" it once in an anti-clockwise direction - for a portrait view of it.  

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Many thanks for the effort, ChrisR!

I'll have a proper look at the list later this week, but for now I'm commenting on your opening post... not meant as criticism, just as help.

Point 6:

• Naka Morii died in December 2005, aged 112.
  • Tou Tajiri died in February 2014, aged 112.
  • Ichi Ishida died in December 2011, aged 112.
  • Mitsu Toyoshima (not Toshima, correction made by Yumi Yamamoto, GRG correspondent for Japan) died in November 2019, aged 112.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Noted thanks Marco

I had incomplete details on those 4.

No hurry on the rest, just whenever it may suit.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Hey guys I just wanted to ask a quick question I had about genetics and longevity. I don't know what topic to put it in so I'll put it here. Not knowing much about genetics, I was curious, what's the genetic difference between a person who lives to be 112 and a person that lives to be 113? Does the 113 year old person have slightly better genetics than the 112 year old person? I would assume they do? Please help me understand. Would it be possible for scientists to "repair" genetics and help people live longer?

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @aquanaut_chalk

Hey guys I just wanted to ask a quick question I had about genetics and longevity. I don't know what topic to put it in so I'll put it here. Not knowing much about genetics, I was curious, what's the genetic difference between a person who lives to be 112 and a person that lives to be 113? Does the 113 year old person have slightly better genetics than the 112 year old person? I would assume they do? Please help me understand. Would it be possible for scientists to "repair" genetics and help people live longer?

Hi Aquanaut_Chalk, better genes are not per se one of the reasons for having lived a longer life. The reason might also be climate, diet, or having more luck at the end of one's life (such as avoiding COVID-19 or not dying from a heatwave or a "simple" cold).

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @chrisr

Hi Chris,

Going through this at one step at a time; today is ESO-day.

Missing (emigrant! 😉) cases (source) :

- Mary Drymalski (POL/USA), 113y 132d, 22 July 1880 - 1 Dec 1993.

- Amarillide Bufalini (ITA/USA), 113y 169d, 27 Nov 1876 - 15 May 1990.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@marco don't forget socioeconomic factors such as access to care and built-up resilience.

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

@930310 Very true!

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Thanks for the early validation updates.

always good to see these lists grow.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Attached is an updated list of validated 113+ supercentenarians as at 23 August 2022.

Six changes since the previous list.

Rest in Peace

Erna Zahn 9 Aug 22 (114-117) and Tekla Juniewicz 19 Aug 22  (116-70).

Two emigrant cases added 

Amarillide Bufalini (USA) 1876-1990  113-169

Mary Drymalski (USA) 1880-1993     113-132

Mrs Bufalini is currently the only  113+ validated S/C to be born in 1876, but also the only 113+ validated S/C to die in 1990.

Two New Cases Added

Ethel Caterham (UK) - born 21 Aug 1909 - hence 113-2 as at this date.

Rose Eaton (UK) -  born 23 Aug 1909 - hence 113-0 as at this date.

The new total is 389 - with 13 persons living. 

The ages as measured in days, are still not complete for all persons, hence none are included at this stage.

Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Updated list of validated 113+ supercentenarians as at 1 September 2022 - including now with age in days, hence some minor changes in some of the rankings.

I'm still double checking a small number of the "day ages" so if anyone disagrees with anything, please let me know.

List up to 390.

Welcome to the list - but also RIP Fumi Hoshino (JAP).

Will target a list of 100 oldest verified women in the coming days, which should be quite easy, given they will all be on this list. After that I'll try 100 oldest verified men.  

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Updated list as at 15 September 2022.

Next list targetted for 30 Sept 2022.

Hoping for the inclusion of Juliette Bilde  - FRA

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Updated list of all 113+ validated supercentenarians as at 30 september 2022. Total now 391.

None deceased and we welcome Juliette Bilde (FRA) to the list at 113-0 today.

PS I've forgotten to acknowledge 1 or 2 ESO and LAS validations on a couple of the lists I've just put up. Apologies made and will correct for the next list.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Updated list of all verified 113 + persons as at 15 October 2022.

Rest in Peace Rose Eaton (UK).

No new entrants.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Updated list of all verified 113+ supercentenarians as at 31 Dec 2022.

The number as at that date appears to be 394 - noting that Elise Tavan is a potential future addition given her now pending status.

I've not done this list for a couple of months, but the only addition is the now validated "Marie" Leonie Liguinen in spot 184 =. Apologies if I still don't have the naming protocols exact for her and I'm happy to fix them if this is the case.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

The number of verified 113+ increases to 397, including the LQ validations mentioned elsewhere on this Forum.

On a sad note, Walter Breuning (USA 1896-2011) dropped out of the all time top 100 on January 10th and is down at 102, as of today.

That leaves just 4 men in the all time top 100 (including the dubious case of Mathew Beard).

As of today the qualification standard is 41,844 days (or 114-206) based on todays calendar.

So Horatio Celi Mendoza (PER 1897-2011) LAS Pending at 114-265 and the un-validated Anisio Rodrigues Alves (BRA - 1892-2017) at 116-229 are the only current possibilities for change right now.

Juan Vincente Perez Mora (health permitting) is still over 11 months away from any possible debut.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

That is unfortunate that Mr. Breuning is no longer among the top 100. But I'm excited that there are nearly 400 people who have reached 113+! Hopefully soon we will see number 398, 399, 400, and many more!

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Updated list of all 113+ Validated Supercentenarians as at 23 January 2023.

The number has pushed on strongly to 402, noting above, that we had 394 at the close of 2022.

It's also a long time since we had 16 living people on this list.

I'll provide a breakdown via country in the near future.

I might also improve some of the colours a bit, for next time. 

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Breakdown by the allocated nationality of all 402 validated 113+ cases.

It appears 25 nations are represented, with the USA, Japan and France leading the way with 157, 105 and 33 respectively.

If anyone believes any nation has been allocated incorrectly to anyone - please let me know. (In this regard please note that only 1 nation is adopted per person)

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Breakdown of the allocated nationality of all 114+. 115+, 116+ 117+ and 118+ groups.

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

It seems LAS has demoted Ana Noguiera de Lucas (BRA, 1896-2011) to pending status: source.

Overduidelijk misschien.

WellAbove110 reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Thanks for the details Marco and I've also has a look in the LAS site for clarification.

I'll provide an updated list of 113+ people in the coming days, so I was just wondering if I could please trouble anyone from the LAS team (or anyone else who may know) re any update that may be available for Ana Noguiera de Lucas (BRA 1896-2010).

If its confidential maybe please just confirm if a "Pending" status is now adopted.  

The other reason is that if her verification still holds she retains the position of WOP for 14 days  - from the death of Eugenie Blanchard on 4 November 2010, until her own passing on November 18th. 

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Updated list of all validated 113+ supercentenarians as at 1 Feb 2023.

The number climbs to 405.

I've left Ana Noguiera de Lucas (BRA 1896 - 2010) in at this stage, as the details available for her still appear mixed, based on what I can find. Any update on this would be great.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Attached is the latest list of all validated 113+ supercentenarians.

The number now appears to be 412, excluding the recently discussed case of Ada Avila, noting comments made here.

The split appears to be 390 women and 22 men - with the hope of Mr Lopes joining the list on 6 March.

Any issues, please let me know.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

I usually try and post a snapshot of all 113+ supercentenarians at the end of every month, but forgot for 31 March.

As at 30 April 2023, the number now seems to be 417, comprising 22 males and 395 females.

These numbers are immediately BEFORE the validations of Delphia Welford and Efrain Antonio Rios Garcia, both of whom will be picked up in next month's list.

diego and Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan
Topic starter  

Updated list of all verified 113+ persons as at 31 May 2023.

The number is now 427, up a full 10 from 30 April 2023.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@chrisr Minor nitpicks, but the date format varies between some persons, see for example Mrs. Miyako and Ms. Welford. Also, Lucile Randon is in the 119+ tier.

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@930310 yeah I was a bit confused by the 120-121 bar. I think it should be either 120+ or 120-123. (Meaning persons aged 120 & 0 days to 123 & 0 days, whom Jeanne Calment would be the only person in this category) 

No disrespect towards Chris, whatsoever. 

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: