Elizabeth Israel (DMA, 1875?-2003)

3 Posts
2 Users
5 Likes
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Mrs. Elizabeth Israel, otherwise known as Mione Elizabeth George Israel claimed to have been born on 27 January 1875 and passed away on 14 October 2003.ย 

I find it interesting that as of 2015, the GRG still lists her as the oldest person who's age is considered "believable". Does anyone know if her age has since been fully debunked?ย 

I personally just found about her case recently, so I have not yet had time to do any further investigation.ย 

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

diego reacted
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

The Guinness World Records rejected her longevity claim based on lack of evidence, while promoters made strongly worded demands that the claim be accepted on its evidence. The longevity claim was supported by the highest ranks of the government of her native Dominica. The observedย life expectancyย on Dominica, and the extremely high death rates amongย supercentenarians, were cited as requiring greater evidence than her promoters provided. The baptismal register was a third-generation copy; the entry cited was for "Elizabeth Israel", her married name; and no documents attesting to the birthdate and dating to the first century of her stated lifespan were ever produced.
From February 1991 to her death, Israel claimed to be older than the "validated world's oldest person", though this was not publicized until December 1999. Israel had memories of the early 20th century and was believed to be probably at least 100 upon her death in Dominica in 2003.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/world/ma-pampo-calls-it-a-day-after-128-years-114942

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi piรน longeve in Italia โ€“ Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego, ChrisR and Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

@ale76 thank you Ale! I had been very curious about her case after finding that the GRG once considered her case to be believable. The GRG should update their 2015 list. Anyway, I hope you're doing alright;)

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: