Santos Cruz Flores (MEX, 1909?-2024)

12 Posts
7 Users
14 Likes
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Santos Cruz Flores claims to have been born in Mexico on 1 November 1909, and celebrated his claimed 112th birthday in November of 2021.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any more recent updates on Mr. Flores and his 113th birthday in November 2022 was never confirmed. It is also extremely difficult to find any information on him, and the only thing I can find is his date of birth, and that's it. If anyone knows any more information on Mr. Flores, if he is still living please post it here, it would be extremely helpful and I would appreciate it. 

If Mr. Flores' age is true, he may be the vice-doyen behind only Juan Vicente Pérez Mora. I have always been very curious about his case.

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

diego reacted
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Questionmark here as well.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Santos Cruz Flores confirmed alive yesterday 12 August, 2023 by his grandson via Facebook

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

I found an anomaly in Santos Cruz Flores's age. On 01 November 2017, he was reported to have celebrated his 98th birthday, then on 01 November 2018, his age increased by 11 years instead of 1, to 109. The report of him turning 98 in 2017 could be a mistake and meant to say 108. However, this is the oldest report I could find on him. I don't think we should make any assumptions on his case till more info is found, it could have very well been a mistake in reporting. 

diego and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

With great sadness, I inform you that Santos Cruz Flores may have passed away on 10 March 2024. I received a message from a user who told me they were a relative, and confirmed privately that he died on 10 March. I have not heard any updates directly from his grandson, or found any news sources, but I was under the impression that this was legit, as the person asked questions about the gsf. Unless this is yet another cruel hoax, I'm afraid to say he may no longer be with us. R.I.P. Santos Cruz Flores 

MrCatlord and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Thank you for the update Aquanaut.

At this stage we may well be headed for some sad news in this regard, if confirmed.

Should that be the case then may Mr Flores rest in peace and we hope that a validation of this final age may be possible one day.

Aquanaut, MrCatlord and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

With heavy heart, I announce that it has now officially been confirmed that Santos Cruz Flores passed away on 10 March 2024 at the claimed age of 114 years and 130 days. If his age is true, he would've been the 7th oldest man in history, behind Kimura, Mortensen, Del Toro, Pérez Mora, Breuning, and Chuganji. R.I.P. Santos Cruz Flores! We will miss you!

diego and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

RIP Mr. Cruz Flores

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

Posted by: @aquanaut

With heavy heart, I announce that it has now officially been confirmed that Santos Cruz Flores passed away on 10 March 2024 at the claimed age of 114 years and 130 days. If his age is true, he would've been the 7th oldest man in history, behind Kimura, Mortensen, Del Toro, Pérez Mora, Breuning, and Chuganji. R.I.P. Santos Cruz Flores! We will miss you!

Was it confirmed via private message only?, do you have any source?

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Topic updated and moved. Rest in peace.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

We're yet to see a reliable source.

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

@diego his grandson commented on my YouTube channel. I'm not sure if I have permission, but I can post a screenshot of it here

EDIT: it's because his grandson is not associated with this forum, and I'm not sure I'm allowed to re-post something a non-member said because I don't want to breech the privacy of his grandson. I will send you a private message

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: