Sri Lanka's oldest person died at "116"

4 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan
Topic starter  

Kankanam Gamage Dingihami of Weligama, Sri Lanka, passed away on 10 March 2022 at the claimed age of 116.

She claimed to have been born on 11 January 1906, and her age was "confirmed" by the Sri Lankan government in 2017, with the latter giving a certificate that she was 111 years old. Dingihami was a vegetarian. Her family members claim that the only time she was admitted to hospital was in 1982.

Death report

Death report II

Death mention on Twitter:

"Paid my last respects to Dingiri Manike who played a glorious innings of 116 and passed away peacefully in her sleep.

The only time she was ever admitted to hospital was in 1982 and that too was because of a mere viral infection.

She breathed her last at her home."

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

WellAbove110 reacted
(@wellabove110)
Fan

Probably (for a merely statistical question) she wasn't 116, but her appearance suggests a very old age and I wouldn't be much surprised if her final age truly was 110 or more: she was probably a centenarian and maybe a supercentenarian.

ReplyQuote
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher

@wellabove110 She could have been 116 in my opinion. 

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

Amck reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote77)
Fan

There is possiblities she was 116 indeed. In an academic way, if there is nothing against a claim and physically the person looks aged, we can't say ''it is impossible she was 116'' (the only person who thinks in that way is ''Jeff'')...but indeed, statistically speaking, the chances are low, but based in her apparence, she could have been easily 108+. We can agree she shares evident features of extreme ageing...we can easily see she wasn't 90, for example. 

Amck reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: