Thoughts on Longevity Claimants

1 Posts
1 Users
1 Likes
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Giving my thoughts here on Swami Sivananda of India who claims birth of 08 August 1896. Obviously, he is NOT 127 like he claims, but I'm given to believe he is around 92-100. He looks like a man in his 90s, and from the stories he tells on his YouTube channel, to old (undated) photos of him, I do believe he is minimum 90 years old, and I think his yoga skills are impressive. The fact that he can do that one pose with his feet above his head is outstanding, even for a young person this is a hard feat. To me, I think his claim of being the "World's Oldest Yoga Teacher" may actually be legit, although I haven't researched this too much. I remember reading about a 100 year old woman who was crowned the World's Oldest Yoga Teacher a few years ago, but she has since passed away. I think Swami Sivananda, if he is in his mid-90s which I think is likely, he might actually be the oldest living yoga teacher, or at least in the top 5. His reasons for longevity included no money, no salt, no sugar, no fruit, no oil, no sleeping during the day, and no laziness. With this, since the age of 6, he has followed a strict diet eating puffed rice, vegetables, and a couple of boiled green chilies, and eating only "half his appetite". The oldest I would believe he is, would probably be around 108, but that's pushing the limit. Either way, whether he is a centenarian or not, his incredible discipline for yoga, diet, exercise, and religion is definitely a story to be inspired by. And I think he is correct in his recipe for longevity (except for the no fruit thing).ย 

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

diego reacted
Share: