Clear all

Futurist's Topic

219 Posts
20 Users
98 Likes
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @chrisr

To be fair, calling our Futurist was for what was an inappropriate post at any time.

It was even worse right now given the very very sad event we have read concerning FEW and his family. In the mists of his own grief, his first posts were thoughts of what his mum was going through:

Anyway, let’s move on and I apologise to FEW on behalf of Futirist if the post was even more offensive at this time.

I apologize. 🙁

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @admin

Posted by: @futurist

@Admin Would it be OK for me to post Jimmy's Microsoft Word file on Delphia Welford in this thread?

(...)

Looking for guidance from you on this issue, please.

With all due respect, Futurist, but what is the point of you asking me a question when you immediately post the link to Jimmy's research without awaiting any answer? What lessons in life have you missed here?

I can't believe I am genuinely going to give you advice here, but the guidance is as follows:

1. Don't post before anyone else has had the chance to answer.

2. If it's Jimmy's research, then why ask me if it is okay to post someone else's research? Ask Jimmy instead.

3. The most important piece of advice: observe and learn from other members here. Look at what Hoopy is asking/telling you in the post above me. Look at ChrisR's reply above that one, and realise some things are better left unsaid. Look at the trail of unnecessary off-topic posts you've already left in these last couple of days and the attempt at guidance you've already received for that. Filter yourself. What is absolutely necessary to know or ask, and what is tangential and mostly a detailed aspect of something which you obsessively need to know about, but which is not necessary to survive life?

Done ranting.

Yeah, I should try controlling my (likely) autism better and try hard to only say uncontroversial things.

As for Jimmy's research, I wanted you to personally see it before you would judge it. But I'll ask Jimmy. @93010 Is it OK for me to publicly post your Delphia Welford file on here?

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

@jef @Mendocino I found a Brazilian SC claimant who might be true: Jardelina Maria Da Conceição (1887/1888-1999). She died at the claimed age of 111. Her mother's name was Eusebia Candida de Jesus and her husband's name was Alfredo Augusto Correa, or, alternatively, Alfredo Augusto Da Conceiçāo. She apparently got married in 1909. Might be worth looking into this case more. I can't do it because we're not allowed to verify SC cases in the public section of this forum.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

There's also Virginia Da Silva (1888?/1889?-1999), who died at the claimed age of 110, who was the daughter of Manoel Cardozo Lameira and Anna Cardoso and who married Francisco da Silva in 1919.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

One more case that I've found: Mariana Alves de Farias (March 26, 1889-April 30, 1999; claimed age of 110), daughter of Francisco Balduino Pinheiro and Tereza Maria Da Rocha.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @hoopy

Futurist, I agree with Chris, perhaps post a little bit less and only when you have something valuable to contribute. That post was quite insensitive. 

Yeah, maybe I should have been more careful with my phrasing here or, even better yet, not made that post at all. The latter would have probably been the best option here.

Also, I checked and it looks like his daughter died on March 17, 2022 and was buried on March 21, 2022:

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanis%C5%82aw_Kowalski_(1910%E2%80%932022)

"On March 17, his daughter Regina, with whom he lived, died [13] [14] ."

https://mojaswidnica.pl/regina-baszak/

So, he actually outlived his daughter by around 2.5 weeks rather than just one week.

This might seem like a minor nitpick, but it's still a noteworthy clarification.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

His daughter lived for 82 years, which is pretty good. Slightly higher than the average for Polish women.

Anyway, back to supercentenarians:

Age 112 is a rough ceiling for African-American US male longevity (not 100%, but mostly). The African-American population in the US in the early 20th century was around 10 million. This made me wonder what Sub-Saharan Africa's male longevity potential and ceiling is going to be without effective anti-aging technology once Sub-Saharan Africa will become fully developed and reach peak population (around four billion in 2100, which should affect extreme longevity in the early 23rd century).

4 billion is 400 times 10 million. So it seems like we should ask how the African-American male population would perform in terms of longevity if it was increased in size by 400 times without reducing their quality of life.

With annual 50% mortality rates, we should see an increase of 8-ish years in regards to maximum African-American male longevity in such a scenario. With annual 67% mortality rates, we should see an increase of 5-ish years in regards to maximum African-American male longevity in such a scenario. So, conceivably, in the best case scenario, with a total African-American population of 400 million but with First World living standards, we could quite conceivably see a male Calment and maybe even a male reach age 120+.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @024tomi

@marco her cousin Marie Zeletsky (edit: Zalesky) didn't reach 110, she died at 109 in 2016.

Here's her obituary:

https://www.stewartmurphyfh.com/notices/Marie-Zalesky

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @heatwave116

Fotima Salimova, an ethnic Uzbek woman living in Temurmalik District, Khatlon Oblast, Tajikistan, celebrated her claimed 110th birthday on 21 January.

https://twitter.com/SherDavlatov/status/1616616255888281601

Happy belated birthday!

Are there any Soviet census records available online? I know that the USSR held its first census in 1926. I don't know if this woman has birth registration, but a 1926 Soviet census entry for her would be within the 20-year-window, if it actually still exists right now.

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

@Marco I've got a question for you: Just how frequently does the ESO rely on censuses to verify SCs?

We don't when it comes to early-life. Every European country (or at least the ones that we have covered, so far) had either birth or baptismal certificates 110+ years ago. We hardly ever use census records, as many European countries have more intricate and reliable systems, such as the Gezins- and Persoonskaarten in the Netherlands. However, we do sometimes use census records as additional proof next to birth, baptismal, marriage, and death certificates, but we could also verify ages without those census records.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
(@independentthinker)
Fan

@Admin Would it be OK for me to post Jimmy's Microsoft Word file on Delphia Welford in this thread?

[Edit: removed link.]

In such a case, it wouldn't be me doing revalidation research but rather me posting someone else's revalidation research, one that has already been publicly posted on the 110 Club.

Is there any meaningful difference between doing this and posting the professional revalidation research for, say, Jiroemon Kimura here?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0531556517301821?via%3Dihub

I'm not sure about what you intended to do, but let me say this : I think that documentation should not be shared publicly. If you want to perform researches, fine, but keep it private. Let's not disclose private information about our centenarians. Please understand that they are human beings and therefore, their privacy must be respected. Research works must be confined to private circle.

GRG correspondent for France (October 2012-20/04/2023)

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @independentthinker

[Edit: removed link.]

In such a case, it wouldn't be me doing revalidation research but rather me posting someone else's revalidation research, one that has already been publicly posted on the 110 Club.

Is there any meaningful difference between doing this and posting the professional revalidation research for, say, Jiroemon Kimura here?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0531556517301821?via%3Dihub

I'm not sure about what you intended to do, but let me say this : I think that documentation should not be shared publicly. If you want to perform researches, fine, but keep it private. Let's not disclose private information about our centenarians. Please understand that they are human beings and therefore, their privacy must be respected. Research works must be confined to private circle.

Worth noting that Delphia Welford has been deceased for over three decades at this point in time.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @marco

@Marco I've got a question for you: Just how frequently does the ESO rely on censuses to verify SCs?

We don't when it comes to early-life. Every European country (or at least the ones that we have covered, so far) had either birth or baptismal certificates 110+ years ago. We hardly ever use census records, as many European countries have more intricate and reliable systems, such as the Gezins- and Persoonskaarten in the Netherlands. However, we do sometimes use census records as additional proof next to birth, baptismal, marriage, and death certificates, but we could also verify ages without those census records.

Sounds reasonable. Also, to clarify, if a SC has a baptismal record but it doesn't list their full date of birth, then they would not be listed as high-level verified without additional documentation that does list their full date of birth, right? The best that they could hope for in such a scenario is to be mid-level verified like Theophilus May (1861-1971), right?

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Exactly, unless there is another early-life record that states the full date of birth.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Exactly, unless there is another early-life record that states the full date of birth.

Makes sense. Ironically, this creates a situation where a high-level verified case could theoretically be somewhat less solid than a mid-level verified case. For instance, if a mid-level verified case contains a baptismal record from a month after their birth but with no date of birth while the high-level verified case does have a document that lists their full date of birth but one that's only barely within the 20-year-window. I know of a Spanish male SC (who actually became the WOLM before his death within the last decade) who was apparently only verified thanks to his conscription papers (I wonder if they had a full date of birth?) because his birth and/or baptismal records were destroyed as a result of the Spanish civil war.

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Makes sense. Ironically, this creates a situation where a high-level verified case could theoretically be somewhat less solid than a mid-level verified case. For instance, if a mid-level verified case contains a baptismal record from a month after their birth but with no date of birth while the high-level verified case does have a document that lists their full date of birth but one that's only barely within the 20-year-window. I know of a Spanish male SC (who actually became the WOLM before his death within the last decade) who was apparently only verified thanks to his conscription papers (I wonder if they had a full date of birth?) because his birth and/or baptismal records were destroyed as a result of the Spanish civil war.

Francisco Núñez Olivera's military record apparently used his original birth record as a reference.

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @mendocino

Francisco Núñez Olivera's military record apparently used his original birth record as a reference.

-- attachment is not available --
-- attachment is not available --

Very interesting (similar to how Cora Wisner's (1888-2001) delayed 1943 birth record used her family Bible entry, along with personal testimony from her then-still-surviving father, as a reference), but this document is from 1925, right? So, it's from barely outside of the 20-year-window. So, something else was presumably found from within the 20-year-window, I would think.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @record_116

coincidentally, Lucile Randon's twin sister, Lydie Randon was passed away on 4 August 1905, which the same date as Calment passed away (but 92 years apart).

Biggest age gap between twin siblings ever, right? One dies at age 1.5 and the other one dies at age 118.9! I wonder if they were fraternal or identical twins. Does anyone know?

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@futurist that is probably true!

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @aquanaut

@futurist that is probably true!

Any idea what the second-largest age gap between twin siblings is? Throughout all of history, I mean.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @ale76

GRG has validated Ms. Tamara Krutikov (UKR/SRB) (Mar. 27, 1912 – July 6, 2022, 110).

Interesting! One of the few verified SCs who spent the overwhelming majority of their lives in Communist countries.

I stand corrected: She apparently left Russia during the Russian Civil War and thus lived in Turkey and (primarily) Yugoslavia in the 1920s and 1930s, back when Yugoslavia was still non-Communist. So, she didn't spend considerably more time under Communist rule than Tekla Juniewicz did. Probably not a majority of her life. Maybe 45 out of 110 years or so, or around 40% of her total lifespan.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

@Marco What would it take for you to include Charles Edward Graves (1888-1999) on the January 1, 1999 list?

ReplyQuote
Beaumont
(@beaumont)
Supercentenarian Fan

@Marco What would it take for you to include Charles Edward Graves (1888-1999) on the January 1, 1999 list?

...for him to be verified?

This seems an unnecessary post.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @beaumont

...for him to be verified?

This seems an unnecessary post.

I see. I would also presume that even becoming pending wouldn't cut it since pending cases like Aaron Bazemore and John Quincy Post aren't included on this list either.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

In addition Futurist, please just use the “like” button on other occasions.

Everyone else does this regularly and it reduces pointless posts such as we are sometimes seeing from you.

The number of posts you make are not important and if I can respectfully suggest, in addition to your good ones there are plenty that you don’t need to be making.

Thank you for considering this and the above feedback.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @chrisr

In addition Futurist, please just use the “like” button on other occasions.

Everyone else does this regularly and it reduces pointless posts such as we are sometimes seeing from you.

The number of posts you make are not important and if I can respectfully suggest, in addition to your good ones there are plenty that you don’t need to be making.

Thank you for considering this and the above feedback.

The Like button doesn't appear to exist for me.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Ok … we’ll that’s fully understandable then  Futurist. 

Thank you for replying.

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

Futurist, although you have used your own topic for off-topic posts much more, once more I've had to move posts to your own topic - and this time after the deadline to hand out warnings. This means that this results in your second warning. You've got one more warning to go before I will have to suspend you for a month.

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin
Topic starter  

The Like button doesn't appear to exist for me.

True, and I cannot change this setting for you / for Futurist.

However, Futurist, I suppose what the others are trying to say: you don't always have to reply with an acknowledgement, when it's obvious that this is something everyone understands (such as there not being any pending or unvalidated supercentenarians in this specific topic, as explained in the opening post*).

In other words: you don't need to reply to this post of mine to show your understanding.

* See here:

This topic contains posts with lists of living supercentenarians [GRG/GWR/LAS[/LQ]/ESO validated] who were alive on 1 January of a certain year.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @charlesm09

@futurist Dorothea Duisberg (b. 7 Oct 1912) emigrated to Chile from Argentina in 2022 at the age of 109.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason for her emigration? To be closer to family members? Or something else?

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 8
Share: