Clear all

Futurist's Topic

219 Posts
20 Users
98 Likes
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

Posted by: @futurist

If there are any other cases that you want me to take a look at, Sailor, please let me know right here, in this very thread.

What about trying to find a school census or something else for Georgia Parrish (1890?-2001), since efforts to find her in the 1900 census have consistently proven impossible? She'd probably be listed as Georgia Quincy Mefford or something as that was her birth name.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

I was able to discover that this woman was actually likely 110 years old when she died instead of 109 like she claimed:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/40657978/elva-may-gray

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/sources/93JX-D33

Her documentation, including her earliest documentation, generally supports 1895 rather than 1896 as her birth year. The evidence in favor of her being born in 1895 is very strong, IMHO.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @sailor-haumea

If there are any other cases that you want me to take a look at, Sailor, please let me know right here, in this very thread.

What about trying to find a school census or something else for Georgia Parrish (1890?-2001), since efforts to find her in the 1900 census have consistently proven impossible? She'd probably be listed as Georgia Quincy Mefford or something as that was her birth name. 

That I can try doing. I can't guarantee success by any means, but again, I can certainly try to do this.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

@Sailor Haumea There's a FamilySearch.org catalog here where you are able to search for various places and see what kinds of documentation and records they (as in, each place) has:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog

BTW, off-topic, but in regards to Alice Meeder, I found a possible reference for her in an 1895 newspaper article:

https://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/?a=d&d=wyon18950208-01.1.8&srpos=1&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-alice+mcmahon+lorish---------

It mentions an Alice McMahon from Middlebury, New York getting a certificate of indigence and/or lunacy along with some other people. We know that Alice's younger sister Cora was an epileptic, so maybe Alice had some mental health problems in her youth as well? Just a hypothesis, of course. But Alice was born in Middlebury and her stepfather's (whom her mother married at around this time) last name was indeed McMahon. I couldn't find any other Alice McMahons who lived in Wyoming County, New York during this time. I know that Alice went by Alice Langenstein (her birth name) in 1900, but maybe she went by Alice McMahon back in 1895?

Anyway, it would be really interesting to find this certificate of indigence and/or lunacy for her in order to see if it lists her age and/or her birth year, but unfortunately I was unable to do so. I tried very hard but nevertheless unfortunately couldn't find it. Maybe it's not online. I don't know.

For Alice Meeder, her 1930 US Census entry gave her age at first marriage as 20, which matches with her getting married in early 1901. She was already married to a different man in 1930 than the one whom she married back in 1901 (and who later abandoned both her and their children), so she would have no incentive to lie about this information in 1930.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @sailor-haumea

That I can try doing. I can't guarantee success by any means, but again, I can certainly try to do this. 

FWIW, if my memory is correct, I unfortunately couldn't find anything. I'm very sorry about that. 🙁 You're welcome to search the familysearch.org Catalog yourself (for her Kentucky county), but IIRC I don't think that they have school census entries for her specific Kentucky county, or at least not from that early.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

@Mendocino If you're curious, I found Walter Breuning's birth record on familysearch.org. It confirms September 21, 1896 for him. Fish can confirm this. I showed him the relevant link. It's unindexed but even though it only lists a last name, it does list his sex (male) correctly and his parents' names, ages, and birthplaces correctly IIRC.

So, Walter Breuning's claimed age really was correct. Though I also found a birth record for his elder sister Clara Belle that indicated that she was actually born in 1894 and not in 1893 like she claimed later on in her life. I tried finding a birth record for his elder sister Ethol as well but was unfortunately unsuccessful. Maybe I just didn't look carefully enough, or maybe it simply isn't there due to some births being unregistered back then.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Another question: Does anyone here know where exactly Gordon LeVern Saunders's (1910/1911-2020) delayed birth record is located on familysearch.org? I unfortunately searched for it but couldn't find it. We need it to verify his age as 110 because his 1920 US Census entry implies a birth year of 1911 and a final age of 109 for him. I still think that 1910 and a final age of 110 is correct for him because that's what his later documentation shows, but we need at least some kind of allusion to an original family Bible entry or to an original baptismal record to go with this and to overrule his 1920 US Census entry in regards to this.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @marco

Sara Camarena, MEX/USA, 16 July 1891??? - 20 June 2005, 113??? years and 339 days. *

Fish and I did a sibling check for her and have ruled out all of her sisters other than Carolina (who was less than two years younger than Secundina) as candidates for an identity switch for Secundina. If Carolina = Secundina, then her final age would have been 112, not almost 114. But what's the incentive to switch identities to add just a couple of extra years to one's age?

The rest of Secundina's sisters have paper trails that extend after Secundina's 1921 marriage, so they could not have stolen Secundina's identity. So, if there was an identity switch, it was either Carolina (unlikely), some cousin, or someone else entirely (not sure whom). But there's no smoking gun for an identity switch hypothesis. Massively deflating one's age to marry a much younger man is theoretically possible, as is naturally giving birth at age 52, regardless of it being very statistically unlikely. There have been cases of women naturally giving birth in their early 50s.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 8
Share: