19 Posts
8 Users
19 Likes
diego
(@diego)
Fan
Topic starter  

Lorenzo Cayunao Millan

There is information on club 110 that Lorenzo died last year, does anyone have this information from any source, or can they contact relatives?

Lorenzo Cayunao Milan-112 - O Clube 110 (the110club.com)

Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@metajore thanks for the info. I would agree with you that it's not the best site for finding information, but it's hard to find a reliable one which promotes unvalidated cases that are likely. Sites either promote only fully validated cases, or all cases like even obviously doubtful ones like Mercedes Chami Dogirama and Swami Sivananda. I try to get my info from LQ, LAS, and the GRG as well as the gerontology site.

if I may ask why are you skeptical of Josias de Oliveira, Shi Ping, and Alvaro Jose de Souza?

I myself am skeptical of Alvaro Jose de Souza, Elias Chavez Alvarez, and Pedro Antonio Rodrigues, but I personally believe Josias de Oliveira is a true case. I don't know much about Shi Ping to be honest. 

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@024tomi I agree that Francis Zouein isn't exactly the most likely case due to his birthdate being 1/1/11 but what makes Josias de Oliveira unlikely? He seems like a plausible case from what I gathered

ReplyQuote
(@rutzqwezex)
Supercentenarian Fan

I can understand the skepticism around Zouein but what's skeptical about De Oliveira?

Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@rutzqwezex thanks. As you can see, I asked a perfectly logical question here, but as usual I am met with silence. One user even confirmed to me in the chats that I am deliberately ignored for asking "stupid questions", although in my mind this question is perfectly logical. There has been no information pointing to a younger birthdate of De Oliveira, so why am I ignored for asking such a normal question? I think it's because people don't want to admit they don't know, so they just say he's skeptical because it's "easier".

It seems as if a lot of users on here "pretend" not to understand the difference between truth and "guessing". I have said many times that I think Santos Cruz Flores could be a true case. I have never said he is a true case. The word in question here is "think". I THINK his age has a POSSIBILITY of being true. That is very different from "The age of Santos Cruz Flores is correct", which I have never said. People on here like to play stupid and pretend that they don't understand the difference between these two totally different sentences as an excuse to ignore, criticize and attack me in the private chats. Every time I guess, hypothesize, or give a personal theory, I am met with either mean comments or silence, both of which are hurtful. And one of the reasons I post claims from Facebook, is hope that the person might actually turn out to be a supercentenarian even though their age is probably false. Like if they're claiming to be some extreme age such as 123, my hope is that a professional researcher would take on the case, and they might actually be validated at 110, or around that sort. I acknowledge most Facebook cases are not the age claimed, so I leave it in the hands of a professional researcher, but instead I am attacked and disposed of. And these same people come back later and twist my words around to make me look like an idiot with no credibility. I call out the truth, but yet I am criticized for doing so, and made to look like a liar. 

diego and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Beaumont
(@beaumont)
Supercentenarian Fan

@aquanaut_chalk sometimes the silence might genuinely because people have lives and other things to be doing?

If you also consider the huge amount of work to do on cases which are currently unverified but documented, it makes sense to focus on that rather than chase claims that are far less likely. 

It’s a great thing you are doing by finding them, there’s nothing wrong with that. Maybe just try not to get upset by people not feeling as passionate about these cases as you do.

Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@beaumont thanks Beaumont for the kind words. I would have been more inclined to believe and understand that the silence could just be because other people are busy, and don't have time to respond, if it hadn't been for one user on this forum who actually did tell me in a private chat that the forum had a discussion in secret about me, to purposely ignore me, because I asked too many "stupid questions". I was also told by the same user that no one on this forum appreciated me, and it would be best to "quit being a child" and leave the forum. I understand he was probably lying about the whole silence thing, but it definitely raised my suspicions. I also completely understand that other people have busy lives, and it's totally understandable if it takes you a long time to respond, but that is no excuse for people being mean, ignoring me altogether, and twisting my words around to make me look like a fool for their own personal entertainment. For those of you people on this forum that do ignore me on purpose because you think I'm stupid, and laugh a me rather than answer my honest questions, well I don't want anything to do with you. You're hurtful, and you don't care one ounce about other people. You're sick individuals who don't deserve me anyways. I could write a list of people who have been hurtful to me, and put you out in public for all ye world to see, but I'm not going to do that. Why? Because I'm better than you, that's why. I don't care how many demons I've got with me here on the playing field, I'm better than all you. (Demons I mean) Plus, I show respect to conversations in the private messaging. What's there, stays there. You wanna say mean things to me in the private messaging? You go ahead. Just remember it makes you look like a bully and a coward. I'm an adult, I can handle myself. When you do these things, you're stooping to a whole lower level and making yourself look very immature. You hate me cuz you ain't me.

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @beaumont

If you also consider the huge amount of work to do on cases which are currently unverified but documented, it makes sense to focus on that rather than chase claims that are far less likely. 

It’s a great thing you are doing by finding them, there’s nothing wrong with that. Maybe just try not to get upset by people not feeling as passionate about these cases as you do.

I second these words. We all share a same passion, supercentenarians, but all in a different way. Personally, I find it really thrilling to discover dates of birth or death for incomplete supercentenarians. Not replying to any of your posts doesn't mean I don't appreciate them, Aquanaut, it just means my focus or my priority lies elsewhere.

As for you reacting so strongly to the idea that others are deliberately mean to you, I hope you will reconsider those thoughts. Once more, I genuinely don't feel that so many members not responding to a member's posts has anything to do with actively trying to hurt that member's feelings. As Beaumont has already said, I think it has more to do with all of us leading our own lives. (Consider, for instance, that I am 35 years old, teach 16-17-18-year olds during the week, and try to write as many validation reports as I can for the ESO - and then I also have my home to take care of, a partner who deserves attention, a dog to look after... that doesn't altogether leave much time to have a look at every single thread and every single post on this forum.) Personally, I pick and choose the threads to read/follow/reply to - and I can only imagine that others do so as well. So please try to relativise your thoughts here and try to look at them from a different perspective: I don't think anyone here is trying to make you feel bad in whichever way. And if you feel differently, I think the leaders of this forum have demonstrated they can aptly take care of misbehaving members.

Overduidelijk misschien.

Aquanaut, Ale76, Gabriel_PT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@metajore)
Supercentenarian Fan

@aquanaut_chalk Who was this person that told you to leave this forum?

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Hi Aquanaut_Chalk.

i sincerely hope you stay on the Forum and anyone who is saying you should leave does not reflect the values of the Forum in my own opinion.

Beaumont and Marco do make very good points about how busy we all are and each with our own priorities. Not only do I fall firmly into that category but I also am not really involved in validatons so I can’t answer about 95% of these types of questions.

The world is always an imperfect place in terms of information or knowledge gaps, delays in responses and similar things, so don’t ever take these types of things personally.

The PM I sent you on the 24 September may also be of some help for this current matter.

Take your time and think about all of what has been said above. And enjoy your day👍😀

Cheers, Chris.

diego and Gabriel_PT reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@marco thanks Marco. I'm glad to have people like you here. Take care, friend. I will hold your words close.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@diego his nephew made a post suggesting that a family member had passed away in May 2023. Strangely, after this Lorenzo's 113th birthday was never confirmed and his nephew never contacted me again to let me know how he was doing. To me it makes sense that the family member seems likely to have been Lorenzo, but I have no proof

ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan
Topic starter  

Posted by: @aquanaut

@diego his nephew made a post suggesting that a family member had passed away in May 2023. Strangely, after this Lorenzo's 113th birthday was never confirmed and his nephew never contacted me again to let me know how he was doing. To me it makes sense that the family member seems likely to have been Lorenzo, but I have no proof

Yes, and his birthday was being informed until last year there was no confirmation, it really seems that unfortunately he really passed away
I hope you get confirmation soon as to whether he is alive or not.

his nephew made a post suggesting that a family member had passed away in May 2023

Do you have this post?

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@diego unfortunately the post has been removed

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan
Topic starter  

@diego unfortunately the post has been removed

Ah, what a shame, I hope this case doesn't stay in limbo for too long and we get answers on this soon

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
adancho
(@adancho)
Supercentenarian Fan

What about male cases of:

Elías Chávez Álvarez (115)

Santos Cruz Flores (114)

Álvaro José de Souza (113)

Juan Reyes (113)

Selvino Jesús de Oliveira (113)

Pedro Antonio Rodríguez (113)

Francisco Zouein (113)

Sebastian Catalán (113)

Josías de Oliveira (112)

How plausible are they?

Kane Tanaka (1903-2022) my favorite supercentenarian of all time.

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

@adancho in my opinion I would say Josias de Oliveira is most likely, followed by Francis Zouein, Santos Cruz Flores, and finally Elias Chavez Alvarez.

However, I highly doubt Elias is the age claimed. His medical documents from 1961, and his voter ID card from 1994 support him being born when he said he was on 08 November 1908. However, his descendants say his correct year of birth is 1928. There's really no way to prove or disprove his age until we investigate further. His documents and ID card are interesting in that they do support his age, but it's not enough. I found a birth registration of an Elias Chavez Alvarez from 3 January 1925, but the birthplace is completely different, so it's likely not him. His nursing home claims to have his original birth certificate, but have not produced it yet.

Alvaro Jose de Souza, Selvino Jesus De Oliveira, and Pedro Antonio Rodrigues look around 85, so I highly doubt they are the ages claimed. It's not been debunked, but I'm about 99.99% sure Juan Reyes is a false case, as I've seen videos of him doing very physically hard farm work. Sebastian Catalan I have no idea, but he was marked as doubtful by professional researchers of the110club.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Not exactly a supercentenarian claim, but a very interesting case of someone who claimed that following a specific lifestyle would help you become one. I have been researching this case for years, just for fun.

Tat Wale Baba was an Indian man and Yogi, who claimed that by following a specific diet and routine, one could live well beyond 120. His routine including bathing in the river, exercising for 2 hours, and meditating for an upwards of 16 hours per day. He also followed a strict vegetarian diet, and consumed large amounts of Kandamulu leaves from the forest which was near the cave he lived in. Sadly, he passed away in his 80s as the result of a stray bullet. His exact birthdate is unknown, with people estimating he was between 85 and 90. Personally, I'm inclined to believe that He was around 83-85, as a picture from 1910 states that he was 20, implying a birth year of 1889/1890, thus making him 83, 84, or 85 when he died in 1974.

He was described in extremely good health, shortly before he died. Being able to exercise for 2 hours a day, climbing mountains without gear, moving heavy stones, and giving long religious talks. Not to mention the fact that he looked incredibly young for his age. Makes me wonder if he would've become an actual supercentenarian, had a stray bullet not found its way to him. I think he would've made it to his 100s for sure, maybe even 110, but not too much more, as I think a big part of living past 110 is genetics. Had Kane Tanaka followed his lifestyle, her whole life, perhaps she would've made it to 124-126, but I do think there is a cap on human longevity. 

The story of Tat Wale Baba is a very interesting one, and has been one of my favorite stories for a long time. I thought it would be nice to share it with the group. 

ChrisR and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

I guess the key problem is that the regrettable “artificial intervention” into his life span at possibly 83-85, means we’ll never know whether his initiatives had any value.

It would be interesting to see if he had any followers or others subscribing to his theory back then - and how long they may have lived.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: