Suggestions for Projects

7 Posts
4 Users
7 Likes
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

Hello all, I just wanted to share a thought I had. So, earlier this year Maria Branyas Morera's birthday was marked by large media attention as the world's oldest person, and then Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora's birthday was marked by large media attention as the world's oldest living man. It occured to me that since Fusa Tatsumi's birthday fell between Morera's and Mora's, she was kind of overshadowed. Personally I feel like it would be nice to do some kind of special project for Fusa Tatsumi soon, as it is not guaranteed she will see her 117th birthday next April. I think it would be nice if we could do something special for her while she is still living. I'm not sure what kind of project we could do, but maybe something along the lines of celebrating the time we've had with her as our vice-doyenne. What do you all think?

- A. C.

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

diego reacted
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

There was already a birthday project for her in April right?

I donโ€™t know what exactly we would do, and she isnโ€™t exactly in the condition to fully enjoy anything we give her, and the process of getting anything to her could be quite tricky

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

@mrcatlord unfortunately, she missed out on the birthday project in April. But you are right that it would be a lengthy and tough process to give something to her that she may not be able to fully enjoy. I would just feel sad if she passed away before April came 'round, and was not able to experience the birthday project, but it is God's will.

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)
ใ€€

Dear aquanaut_chalk I thought you were retired from the forum because you're previously saying that like "I will retire here forever". Well, I also have a similar tendency from time to time, but you seem to be repeating it for smaller reasons so many times.😅

I apologize that although I live in an area close to Japanese SC like Fusa Tatsumi, I am not very powerful and due to some unfortunate circumstances I most probably cannot help with such a project.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: ้•ทๅฏฟ่€…็ ”็ฉถใƒ•ใ‚ฉใƒผใƒฉใƒ  (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Hi Aquanaut Chalk

Ben, Yumi and a couple of others from the LQ team visited Fusa some months back.

I recall Ben mentioning that Fusa was perhaps not able to converse freely, but she could express her appreciation and happiness at their visit, in signs and similar ways that her family were able to convey to the visiting team.

It may be worth touching base with some of the members of that team to see if they have any thoughts that may aaaist in this regard.

MrCatlord and Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

@aquanaut_chalk the 110 club did have a b-day project for her in April. Maybe it just wasnโ€™t shared with this forumย 

https://the110club.com/viewtopic.php?p=40162599#p40162599

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan
Topic starter  

@mrcatlord thanks man for the link. I had not become a member of the110club yet, so I had no idea that she had participated in the Birthday project. I'm glad she got to have the experience, and I hope she gets to participate again in April 2024.

MrCatlord and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: