Notifications
Clear all

Suggestion: Is it possible to display "Recent Posts" at the top when viewing the main page on a smartphone?

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  

Suggestion: Is it possible to display "Recent Posts" at the top when viewing the main page on a smartphone?

I think a lot of oldest people fans are visiting here, regardless supporter or not for this forum. And I think a lot of people are using smartphones (for me, I'm using both PC and smartphone.).

What is the first thing many people will do when they coming to the main page of this forum site? Perhaps most of people checking the "Recent Posts" section the first time.

(I appreciate the fact that this forum site has a section called "Recent Posts", where people can see the 10 of threads where newly posts were created.)

For smartphones, the "Recent Posts" section is displayed at the bottom. So people have to scroll to the bottom every time to check recent posts.

Every time I visit this forum site on my smartphone, I have to scroll to the bottom to check "Recent Posts" section. It causes a little fatigue on my fingers and arms.. 😔 

I think it would be great if the "Recent Posts" section appears at the top when viewed on a smartphone, not the bottom. However, if that's technically impossible, it can't be helped.

"Recent posts section" I mean is as shown in the image below.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

Hi Record_116,

What you're asking for is not possible, but what helps... if you click on the "hamburger" (the three lines) in the top left corner, you can easily choose "Recent Posts" there. This will save you some scrolling time.

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  

Oh, thank you for telling me! For me, it's a good idea to add https://globalsupercentenarianforum.com/index.php/community/recent/ to my browser favorites.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: