Clear all

Misao Ōkawa (JPN, 1898-2015)

6 Posts
3 Users
15 Likes
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  

Misao Ōkawa (大川ミサヲ) was Japanese woman who become the oldest validated living person in Japan and the world upon the death of Jiroemon Kimura on 12 June 2013, at aged 115 years and 99 days. Misao Okawa was the last remaining Japanese person who was born in the 1800s.

She was born on 5 March 1898 in Osaka. She got married in 1919, but her husband died in 1931 and she had to take care of her children her alone. She continued to live in Osaka until her death.

She passed away on 1 April 2015 of a Japanese time (Exactly 7 years before this post made). Her final age was 117 years and 27 days. At the time of her death she was the oldest validated Asian person ever. After her death, Gertrude Weaver becoming the world's oldest validated living person, but Weaver was died just 5 days later.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

WellAbove110, Sonicbox, Dejan and 1 people reacted
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  

My username (as of October 2022), Record_116 come from Misao Okawa. I joined "The 110 Club" forum on the day the then WOLP Misao Okawa’s 116th birthday (5 March 2014), so my username’s number is "116". I remember well that day which I was very grateful for the third validated Japanese person reaching the age of 116. She was the last WOP titleholder when my mother still alive and the last Japanese person who is more than century older than me.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  
Yesterday I went to see the nursing home "Kurenai" (Osaka city) where Misao Okawa lived and took some pictures. Building where blue window is particularly beautiful.

ChrisR, Chris, FinbarrC and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Topic starter  

Posted by: @record_116

At the time of her death she was the oldest Asian person ever and the 4th longest-lived person in recorded history, behind Jeanne Calment, Sarah Knauss and Marie-Louise Meilleur.

What a big news, after Delphia Welford's "validation", we can think that she was the 5th longest-lived person at the time of her death. When she died, she was considered #5 due to the presence of Lucy Hannah, but the current situation is just like if we're back to what we recognize in 2015.

Also, if not excluding Delphia Welford case, Misao Okawa is no longer the top 10 oldest validated person ever member, since her final age was surpassed by Lucile Randon.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Wow. The top 11 oldest women ever are all now 117+ with the addition of Mrs. Welford. Unfortunately Mrs. Ōkawa is the only person over 117 who's no longer in the top 10.

|Male| 🎮Gamer🎮 > 👕Fashion Lover👕 > 🕶Chore Motivator🕶
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
😁And the kind of guy that's always down to chat😁

ChrisR, Record_116 and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Posted by: @aquanaut

Wow. The top 11 oldest women ever are all now 117+ with the addition of Mrs. Welford. Unfortunately Mrs. Ōkawa is the only person over 117 who's no longer in the top 10.

Welford never married.

diego and Sailor Haumea reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: