Welcome to the Global Supercentenarian Forum. I'm the admin of this forum, which I've decided to found as I feel there is a growing number of people interested in the topic of supercentenarians.
Obviously, if you have found this forum, you probably know what a supercentenarian is - but just to be sure, here are some quick facts:
1. A supercentenarian is a person who has verifiably reached the age of 110 years or older.
2. Supercentenarians are rare: only 1 in about every 1,000 centenarians turns into a supercentenarian - and becoming a centenarian is hard enough as it is!
3. Supercentenarians exist anywhere on the planet, but scientists have not yet fully proven why they seem to exist more in some places than in others. Factors which are likely to play a role are genes, climate, diet, exercise, and avoiding stress.
4. On average, in every 10 supercentenarians 1 is male, and 9 are female.
5. As living circumstances and documentation have improved, more and more supercentenarians' ages can be proven - yet, astonishingly, still only about 2% of people claiming to have reached the age of 115 are actually true.
In other words, supercentenarians are amazing human beings who are a living link to ages that have gone by for most of us. The purpose of this democratically ruled forum, therefore, is to establish a community in which we can express our awe and veneration of these oldest people, and enjoy our passion together.
Happy posting, and please respect the rules which you have agreed to.
I have overlooked your introduction until now...
Thank you for your fantastic job!
@Admin : Let me ask you a question. An Account named "Admin" is run by multiple members, right?. Perhaps everyone in this community members are cares who owns that account.
Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)
I understand your curiosity. 😉 As for my identity, I've deliberately chosen to be an anonymous Admin. This is a forum of the fans, by the fans, and for the fans, thus I think it is no more than fitting that the Admin of this forum represents that idea of inclusivity. I hope this will be a satisfactory answer.
[Also, I have moved your reply from the other topic to this topic, which is a more appropriate place.]