Clear all

Jimmy Lindberg

10 Posts
6 Users
14 Likes
(@930310)
Gerontology student
Topic starter  

Hi! My name is Jimmy Lindberg (930310 is my date of birth and a fitting username in my opinion).

I am a transsexual Swede in my 20s and live alone with my dog Kia in Helsingborg. My main interest is long distance running and I have run at least twice every day this decade, so I'm quite dedicated. Other things I enjoy doing are studying (I still don't really know what I want to do when I grow up), reading and watching all sorts of movies. I have high-functioning autism but it's rarely noticed or mentioned when I converse with others and I see it as a strength since it helps me maintain focus better.

I have been an amateur supercentenarian researcher since 2014 after I discovered a relative who lived to be 106 and started wondering how old people could actually live to be. I've collected data and documentation for thousands of supercentenarians over the years, ranging all over the globe. Nowadays I'm a bit more laid-back than I was during my initial years as a researcher and am not as obsessed as I once was. I guess you become more mature as you age (who would have thought that?). I am known as a person who sparks controversy and discussion with my opinion but I like to thank that that is in the past as well and I have moved on from that phase in my life.

diego, ChrisR, Amck and 7 people reacted
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan

Welcome to the forum, Jimmy! It has been a while 😀

Hopefully the content of this forum will be interesting to you.

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

stoa-oid and Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Welcome to the forum, Jimmy / 930310!

Overduidelijk misschien.

stoa-oid and Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

I was actually thinking about contacting you about the ESO, Jimmy, but wasn't sure how because I don't use Facebook anymore. I was meaning to ask whether you'd submitted the midlife document for Anitica Butariu you had gotten ahold of to the ESO.

It's nice to see you again!

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student
Topic starter  

@sailor-haumea I don't have access to that document any longer. I sent it to the GRG along with a summary several years ago but, as with almost every other application, nothing has happened yet.

ReplyQuote
(@chris)
Fan

Welcome Jimmy! Great to see such a brilliant researcher active on the forum and researching cases again. πŸ™‚

ESO Co-Founder and Administrator (since 1 January 2020)

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student
Topic starter  

@chris Thanks. I had a down period for a few years after I was banned from the 110 Club. My passion may not be as extreme and all-consuming as it was in the mid-2010s but I still think it's extremely satisfying to research and bring cases to completion. The Edmonie Mackey case that I discovered a few days ago shows that although most historical cases have been discovered there still are some cases left to be found.
My main focus as a member of the ESO is however the Nordic countries. I just finished writing validation summaries for all Swedish cases and now it's Norway's turn.

ReplyQuote
JimJim00
(@jimjim00)
Fan

I'm quite impressed by your list of documentation that you've collected, Jimmy. If you don't mind, I am in possession of (newspaper) obituaries for some Dutch supercentenarians that I'd like to share with you. However, I am not sure if you want the date of birth to be added into the obituary.Β Β 

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student
Topic starter  

Hi, you can send them to me on my email [email protected]

I haven't maintained the lists for five years, so a lot of information and supercentenarians are missing.

ReplyQuote
JimJim00
(@jimjim00)
Fan

I will... after I asked for permission. 🙂Β 

ReplyQuote
Share: