5 Posts
5 Users
15 Likes
024Tomi
(@024tomi)
Fan and researcher
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

I think most of you already know me to some degree, but I would like to introduce myself nevertheless.

My name is Tamás, I'm 20 years old and a resident of Vác, Hungary. I'm currently studying at the Eötvös Lóránd University of Sciences, where I'm pursuing degree in Sociology. 

Besides supercentenarians, my hobbies include sports (mainly athletics, darts, strength sports), history, geography, politics, genealogy, linguistics, listening to all kinds of music, socializing with friends.

I've been interested in extreme longevity ever since I was a little child. I think my enthusiasm is made up of many factors: my love for history (last living links to certain historical events), for genealogy (long-lived relatives, researching old documents), for national all-time lists (which are also present in sports), for human and any other records, all contribute to this. I've been more or less aware of WOPs since I was 8-9, and I began tracking the oldest living and oldest ever people from Hungary in the autumn of 2016. 

2016 was also when I joined The 110 Club, which used to be the only fully international fan forum for supercentenarians until the foundation of the Global Supercentenarian Forum. I hope this forum will bring some freshness and a renaissance in the fandom of longevity – and I'll happy to be the part of it!

ESO Correspondent for Hungary (since 2020)
GRG Correspondent for Hungary (2020-2023)
Tracker and researcher of Hungarian and other Central European (super)centenarians (since 2016)
Enthusiast of extreme longevity (since childhood)

Matcha, EstebanGonzalez, stoa-oid and 5 people reacted
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan

Welcome to the forum, Tomi. I hope you will enjoy your time here!

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

stoa-oid, Admin and 024Tomi reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Welcome to the forum, Tamás / 024Tomi!

Overduidelijk misschien.

024Tomi, stoa-oid and Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ryoung122)
Senior Consultant for Gerontology, Guinness World Records

Posted by: @024tomi

Hello everyone,

I think most of you already know me to some degree, but I would like to introduce myself nevertheless.

My name is Tamás, I'm 20 years old and a resident of Vác, Hungary. I'm currently studying at the Eötvös Lóránd University of Sciences, where I'm pursuing degree in Sociology. 

Besides supercentenarians, my hobbies include sports (mainly athletics, darts, strength sports), history, geography, politics, genealogy, linguistics, listening to all kinds of music, socializing with friends.

I've been interested in extreme longevity ever since I was a little child. I think my enthusiasm is made up of many factors: my love for history (last living links to certain historical events), for genealogy (long-lived relatives, researching old documents), for national all-time lists (which are also present in sports), for human and any other records, all contribute to this. I've been more or less aware of WOPs since I was 8-9, and I began tracking the oldest living and oldest ever people from Hungary in the autumn of 2016. 

2016 was also when I joined The 110 Club, which used to be the only fully international fan forum for supercentenarians until the foundation of the Global Supercentenarian Forum. I hope this forum will bring some freshness and a renaissance in the fandom of longevity – and I'll happy to be the part of it!

The above is a resume-building type Comment, which is appropriate for those who wish to go further than being a mere "fan".

A few points here:

A. It's good to know you have a life balance and are into physical fitness and studies, not just fan stuff.

B. I was also a supercentenarian fan since I was a little child. My love for history and my understanding that the 'old people' were most likely to die first was a major driver in my interest in supercentenarians...'living' connections to the past.

C. The free market embraces competition, so we understand the need for options.

[Edited by Admin: 110 Club comment moved to appropriate thread.]

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Posted by: @ryoung122
Posted by: @024tomi

[Edited by Admin: 110 Club comment moved to appropriate thread.]

@Admin : Sorry for sudden return (temporary) but you should paste the link of that "appropriate thread". It only confuses the watcher: "Where did Robert's comment move?"

P.S. I now understand admin's intention.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
Share: