23 Posts
12 Users
16 Likes
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan
Topic starter  

A case I came across on Facebook.

Teh Poh Gaik - of Penang, Malaysa - passed away on 26 March 2022 at the claimed age of 112.

Death mention:

"Good bye to my beloved great grandma and great gr

eat grandma to my daughter. You have live for 112 years. The abundance years with 4 generations. Salute her for going through both World War and japanese occupation."

RIP

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan
Topic starter  

Annamah Abukutty (born in India on 31 March 1911?) celebrated her claimed 111th birthday.

Source and video

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

ReplyQuote
(@coyote77)
Fan

Posted by: @seto2001

Annamah Abukutty (born in India on 31 March 1911?) celebrated her claimed 111th birthday.

Source and video

She looks far more plausible than the Malaysian man claiming to be 111. At least she does look very old (movements, arms, eyes, etc.)

WellAbove110 and ReZet reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

I noticed that for some reason Mr. Seliman Bandang was removed from the Wikipedia list, does anyone know anything about that? I hope he is alive and well. I know he wasn't validated by GRG but I did read that he had documentation in Malaysia proving his age. Does anyone have any information either proving or disproving his claim? Personally, I think his age is correct, but I don't have much info on him. 

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

@Aquanaut_Chalk
Better to explain who is the SC claimant...

Seliman Bandang (born 21 March 1910?) is a Malaysian supercentenarian claimant.
He claims to have been born in Raj of Sarawak (now Malaysia) on 21 March 1910. He currently lives in Saratok, Sarawak, Malaysia.
On 1 August 2021, he was officially recognised as the oldest living man in Malaysia by Malaysia Book of Records (MBR).

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

(The above "Reacted" means dislike.)

I ... I really don't believe Seliman Bandang's (He is claimed conveniently slightly older than Mr. Mikizo, the doyen in Asia) claim age is true.

Do you ever see his photos? https://the110club.com/viewtopic.php?p=40151032#p40151032

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

I don't know if my last reply got through cuz there was an error. But what I wanted to say was, if the Malaysian book of records has documentation of Mr. Bandang's age, they should submit it to the GRG so he can either be validated or disproved. He does look unusually young though. 

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Yes, he look unusually young compared with his claimed age.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

Posted by: @record_116

he look unusually young compared with his claimed age

Maybe she uses face creams, so she looks much younger. It's not for nothing that he was declared the oldest in his country by the competent institutions, someone should check that, looks have nothing to do with age, I say again, maybe he uses various preparations to preserve his youthful appearance...

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

Mr. Seliman Bandang confirmed alive on 9 July, 2023. His grandson now claims that his actual birthdate is 21 March 1909 rather than 1910 and that he's actually 114 rather than 113. I'm sorry, but a lot of the credibility he had just went out the window after his age and birthyear has now changed, although he didn't exactly have a lot of credibility to start with. Major red flag if I must say so. 

diego and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

I'd like to inform you with heavy heart that Mr. Seliman Bandang is not doing well. The translation from Facebook wasn't clear, but apparently he is very ill. I saw pictures of him posted yesterday, and he is in the hospital and appears to be on some type of ventilator. 

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@billy-robinson)
Supercentenarian Fan

@aquanaut_chalk this isn't good news for him. I'm praying that he recovers but I don't have good hopes for him.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

12 August 2023 Update: Mr. Bandang's outlook is NOT good. His condition has worsened and his family is asking for prayers. He can't breathe at all on his own. 

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
diego
(@diego)
Fan

😪 😥 I hope he gets better, but it's a difficult situation

Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

15 August 2023 update on Mr. Seliman Bandang. His current situation was confirmed privately to me by his grandson, but things are NOT looking good for him. Please keep him in your prayers. His condition is extremely serious right now. 

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

18 August 2023 update on Mr. Seliman Bandang. I inform you with heavy heart that Mr. Bandang's condition has worsened even further and he is in extremely critical condition at the moment. The head government where he is from us praying for him fortunately, and many around town are gathering to see him in the hospital. Continue to keep Mr. Bandang in your prayers. 

ReplyQuote
(@billy-robinson)
Supercentenarian Fan

@aquanaut_chalk this isn't look good for him. I whish him but I don't think it's going to end well for him?

Charlesm09 reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut
(@aquanaut)
Fan

With deep sadness I inform everyone here that Mr. Seliman Bandang passed away a couple hours ago where it is already 19 August 2023 in Malaysia. May he R.I.P.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02BaXbL7xsevfngLsBpNSQHLKhKLoWaaugkR8gX2bDJXHXFHK9gRfXs4sSjVJWf569l&id=100000652523996

diego and FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Thank you for the update Aquanaut_Chalk.

And Rest In Peace Mr Seliman Bandang.

Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

RIP. I hope he passed peacefully and did not suffer in his last days

Maybe sometime in the future we can learn his actual birthdate, whether it be what he claimed or not

Aquanaut reacted
ReplyQuote
Charlesm09
(@charlesm09)
Fan

Rest in peace, Seliman Anak Bandang (1910?-2023). 🕊

Interested in supercentenarians since 27 July 2018.
First supercentenarian I learned about: Kane Tanaka (1903-2022)

ReplyQuote
 FEW
(@few)
Fan

May you rest in peace, Mr. Seliman Bandang of Malaysia. 

Thank you for the information, Aquanaut_Chalk.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

RIP Mr. Bandang.

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: