9 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan
Topic starter  

A case I came across on Facebook.

Teh Poh Gaik - of Penang, Malaysa - passed away on 26 March 2022 at the claimed age of 112.

Death mention:

"Good bye to my beloved great grandma and great gr

eat grandma to my daughter. You have live for 112 years. The abundance years with 4 generations. Salute her for going through both World War and japanese occupation."

RIP

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

seto2001
(@seto2001)
Fan
Topic starter  

Annamah Abukutty (born in India on 31 March 1911?) celebrated her claimed 111th birthday.

Source and video

LAS Member/Administrator (since January 2020)
ESO Correspondent for Croatia (since 2 August 2021)

ReplyQuote
Coyote77
(@coyote77)
Fan

Posted by: @seto2001

Annamah Abukutty (born in India on 31 March 1911?) celebrated her claimed 111th birthday.

Source and video

She looks far more plausible than the Malaysian man claiming to be 111. At least she does look very old (movements, arms, eyes, etc.)

WellAbove110 and ReZet reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquanaut_Chalk
(@aquanaut_chalk)
Fan

I noticed that for some reason Mr. Seliman Bandang was removed from the Wikipedia list, does anyone know anything about that? I hope he is alive and well. I know he wasn't validated by GRG but I did read that he had documentation in Malaysia proving his age. Does anyone have any information either proving or disproving his claim? Personally, I think his age is correct, but I don't have much info on him. 

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Fan

@Aquanaut_Chalk
Better to explain who is the SC claimant...

Seliman Bandang (born 21 March 1910?) is a Malaysian supercentenarian claimant.
He claims to have been born in Raj of Sarawak (now Malaysia) on 21 March 1910. He currently lives in Saratok, Sarawak, Malaysia.
On 1 August 2021, he was officially recognised as the oldest living man in Malaysia by Malaysia Book of Records (MBR).

ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

(The above "Reacted" means dislike.)

I ... I really don't believe Seliman Bandang's (He is claimed conveniently slightly older than Mr. Mikizo, the doyen in Asia) claim age is true.

Do you ever see his photos? https://the110club.com/viewtopic.php?p=40151032#p40151032

Born 1999. Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)
Please forget about what I wrote in the private / trusted members only area of this forum. My mind has changed. (26 May 2022)

ReplyQuote
Aquanaut_Chalk
(@aquanaut_chalk)
Fan

I don't know if my last reply got through cuz there was an error. But what I wanted to say was, if the Malaysian book of records has documentation of Mr. Bandang's age, they should submit it to the GRG so he can either be validated or disproved. He does look unusually young though. 

Dejan reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

Yes, he look unusually young compared with his claimed age.

Born 1999. Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)
Please forget about what I wrote in the private / trusted members only area of this forum. My mind has changed. (26 May 2022)

ReplyQuote
Dejan
(@dejan)
Centenarian

Posted by: @record_116

he look unusually young compared with his claimed age

Maybe she uses face creams, so she looks much younger. It's not for nothing that he was declared the oldest in his country by the competent institutions, someone should check that, looks have nothing to do with age, I say again, maybe he uses various preparations to preserve his youthful appearance...

This post was modified 1 month ago by Dejan

ReplyQuote
Share: