Australian SCs and ...

Notifications
Clear all

Australian SCs and Australia's Oldest Men.

13 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@runner726)
Fan
Topic starter  

Good day everyone.

I have compile some information, then I have created some charts on the info, using an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to share with you and have your thoughts, this is the 1st of 3 charts I will be discussing.

The first chart is named "Australian sc's by decade", I have included all verified and (most likely true) unverified cases, however excluded questionable claims. Questionable claims according to me (consider the data from Australia is the anonymous case, and cases native to Asian countries, excluding Japan)

When we look at this chart we can see the 1900's decade has made a fair jump in total sc's in compare to previous decades, which is very encouraging news from a country not very prominent among the oldest people alive on Earth....For 1900's I have a total of 26 cases. So far we have a total of 6 cases from 1910's....for now I would predict that they will not/or barely surpass the total of the 1900's decade as I don't see Australia's sc population as fast growing.

(@runner726)
Fan
Topic starter  

The next chart is named "Australian sc's by year". As there is a lot of data, 32 various years are included, I have decided on a dotted chart.

Again we can see how the 1910-decaded have made a fair jump from the previous decades.

Some main points on this chart I would like to point out:

- The year 1888 was the first year with 4 Australian sc's, this record was surpassed by the year 1905, which produce 5 sc's, this is including the unverified Mary Rothstein who was born in Russia.

- 1906 once again have 5 sc's, Vivian, Cooke, Lazzarini, Stamelos (From Greece) and Vigor, when you look at the youngest Australian sc from 1906, she is also older than youngest sc of 1888.

- We can also see that the 1900-decade is the first decade where every year has produce at least 1 (known) sc since 1901 (Strangely 1900 has produce no sc's, as far as I known)

I think it is fair to say that Australia is not necessary getting stronger when it comes to the age of their oldest person, but is slowly getting stronger when it comes to frequency of 110-year olds. I doubt we will see a candidate for surpassing Christina Cock anytime soon, but the slow emerging of more and more 111-112 year old from Australia. 

I want to add that I am open for corrections, suggestions ect.

ReplyQuote
(@runner726)
Fan
Topic starter  

The last 2 charts I have created is for know Australian men who have reached at least the age of 109, for now I have included 14 men in my data.

The first chart is named "Australian men 109+ by decade". If my data is more or less correct, it is very exciting to see the 1910-decade already has smashed the record 1890's by already has 7 men aged 109+..We will most likely see at least 10 men from the 1910's decade turning 109+..

The 2nd chart is named "109-year old Australian men". This chart represent 10 various years.

Some main points to mention:

- If no mistakes, the years 1852, 1891, 1895, 1897, 1899, 1901 and 1905 has produce only 1 109-year old man each, this was smashed by the year 1910 who produce a record 3 men of 109+, including a new oldest Australian man ever.

- The current oldest man, Frank Mawer, who is 2 months away of his 110th is already the 8th oldest Australian man ever. 

I think it is fair to say that Australian centenarian men is slowly getting stronger, in fact, I don't think that Kruger's record will stand as long as Lockett's record did.

Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@runner726)
Fan
Topic starter  

If any of the charts can't be viewed properly, or anyone finds potential mistakes please let me know. Also if this is in the wrong forum, please correct me.

I plan to make more of this topics in the future and will upgrade my charts from time to time.

Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @runner726

The last 2 charts I have created is for know Australian men who have reached at least the age of 109, for now I have included 14 men in my data.

The first chart is named "Australian men 109+ by decade". If my data is more or less correct, it is very exciting to see the 1910-decade already has smashed the record 1890's by already has 7 men aged 109+..We will most likely see at least 10 men from the 1910's decade turning 109+..

The 2nd chart is named "109-year old Australian men". This chart represent 10 various years.

Some main points to mention:

- If no mistakes, the years 1852, 1891, 1895, 1897, 1899, 1901 and 1905 has produce only 1 109-year old man each, this was smashed by the year 1910 who produce a record 3 men of 109+, including a new oldest Australian man ever.

- The current oldest man, Frank Mawer, who is 2 months away of his 110th is already the 8th oldest Australian man ever. 

I think it is fair to say that Australian centenarian men is slowly getting stronger, in fact, I don't think that Kruger's record will stand as long as Lockett's record did.

It's impressive how the 1910s have managed to produce nearly triple the amount of 109 year old men from the prior decade, despite being less than 3 years into this cohort. 

I'm not sure if immigration trends in the early 20th century can solely explain this increase, but it's definitely played a role. 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ReplyQuote
(@runner726)
Fan
Topic starter  

@mendocino Actually all 3 men I have who has reached 109 from 1910 are Australian natives.

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

@mendocino Actually all 3 men I have who has reached 109 from 1910 are Australian natives.

I know, but if you look at the ancestry of practically all Australian (super)centenarians, they have recent European ancestry, usually being either 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants. All four of Dexter Kruger's grandparents were born in Germany, for example. 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

ReplyQuote
(@runner726)
Fan
Topic starter  

@mendocino Oh, I understand, actually there are quite a few Australian sc's who were born in the UK..I have the info. Will share it soon. 

ReplyQuote
(@runner726)
Fan
Topic starter  

Here we can see a chart which is showing us where 64 Australian sc's were born. Interesting to note that the UK as birth is in a fair 2nd place behind Australians who were born in Australia. 11 of the 19, according to my data, if correct, were born post 1900.

Obviously the 40 I have as native Australians can be broken up to those whose parents or grandparents were born outside Australia. 

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Here we can see a chart which is showing us where 64 Australian sc's were born.

64? That's interesting, I've got 62 in my list. Which two do you have that I don't? (I don't have Ada Sharp, who was 109, nor do I have SCs whose 110th birthdays have gone unconfirmed.)

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
(@runner726)
Fan
Topic starter  

@marco So was Ada Sharp only 109? I know she vas verified once, now disputed, but did not know how strong evidence is against her claimed age so I have included her.

As for others, do you have Mary Gwendoline "Gwen" Moore (née Lloyd) born in 1911? If you do have I will publish my list here so that we can come to a conclusion 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Gwen Moore is the difference; I haven't been able to find a 110+ confirmation for her.

For Ada Sharp, I believe a birth certificate supports her claim of 28 Sept 1861. Not sure why she was validated with an earlier DOB.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
(@runner726)
Fan
Topic starter  

@marco Oh I see. Okay, I will rather remove Ada Sharp from my data.

As for Gwen Moore, I see she was last alive at 109 years. I will also remove her for now, unless other/new information pops up.

ReplyQuote
Share: