[Solved] GRG - Recent Validations

485 Posts
34 Users
528 Reactions
26.5 K Views
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Technically Erna is German, and her birthplace is now in Poland, and she is someone whom most of the living Europeans born around the same time as her are also being validated (Bertoletto and Tröstl)

I think the more selfish thing Waclaw is doing is the validation of Anna Gawlowska, a 110-year-old in Poland. Still, I wouldn’t get too mad at him, he’s still validating SCs which is a good thing 

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ell
 Ell
(@ell)
Fan

Posted by: @ale76

Between validations of GRG we can find also Ms. Erna Brosig (POL/GER) (b. Jan. 15, 1911, 112).

Another validation of a SC born in Poland.

Is there only the Poland nation in the world?

It's disgusting this insistent and continuous nationalism perpetrated by that subject living in Poland. 

Waclaw's idea of the world is "Poland" and "everywhere else". 

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

@ell yes..... shame on him!

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @mrcatlord

Technically Erna is German, and her birthplace is now in Poland, and she is someone whom most of the living Europeans born around the same time as her are also being validated (Bertoletto and Tröstl)

I think the more selfish thing Waclaw is doing is the validation of Anna Gawlowska, a 110-year-old in Poland. Still, I wouldn’t get too mad at him, he’s still validating SCs which is a good thing 

Still, there’s a lot to get mad at him about, I don’t mean to defend him or anything 

ReplyQuote
(@rutzqwezex)
Supercentenarian Fan

One thing I honestly don't understand is why the GRG validations of Eusebio Quintero López and Efraín Antonio Ríos García are taking so long. They were validated by LQ back in February and April respectively (and technically Eusebio was validated long before since LQ recognises LAS validation dates).

Then the whole thing with Gerontology Wiki happened and both were declared "unvalidated" only to be declared "pending" not long after. And it's been at least 5 months. In the time since, Eusebio has died.

I find it weird how the current 2nd oldest man and former 2nd oldest man aren't "validated" in the GRG's eyes yet, but they "validated" Tinniswood, Ciocan and Sonobe, two of whom were also validated by LQ and then declared "unvalidated".

diego and AQ reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

@rutzqwezex It's ridicoluos the behavior of the people who manage the GRG but essentially we are not interested in going into this specific topic.

Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

AQ reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @rutzqwezex

One thing I honestly don't understand is why the GRG validations of Eusebio Quintero López and Efraín Antonio Ríos García are taking so long. They were validated by LQ back in February and April respectively (and technically Eusebio was validated long before since LQ recognises LAS validation dates).

Then the whole thing with Gerontology Wiki happened and both were declared "unvalidated" only to be declared "pending" not long after. And it's been at least 5 months. In the time since, Eusebio has died.

I find it weird how the current 2nd oldest man and former 2nd oldest man aren't "validated" in the GRG's eyes yet, but they "validated" Tinniswood, Ciocan and Sonobe, two of whom were also validated by LQ and then declared "unvalidated".

This is because LAS researchers submitted partial documentation for both of their cases to the GRG back in early 2021, but not enough to for them to formally validate them. By the time we had gathered enough evidence to validate both of their cases, we had stopped submitting documentation to the GRG, since they weren't doing anything with the cases we sent them. It took around two years for the GRG to even publicly acknowledge their pending status, after LAS and LQ had already validated both of them.

The GRG is incapable of validating most Latin American cases without the help of LAS, which is why the vast majority of their recent validations have been from the United States and Europe. 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirós (1911-Present)

WellAbove110, 024Tomi, heatwave116 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

GRG has just confirmed the validation of Ms. Rosa De Vita (ITA) (b. Feb. 8, 1911 - Oct. 11, 2023, 112) (already validated by LQ).
Between validations of GRG we can find also Ms. Inamae Arissie Robey (USA) (b. Nov. 3, 1901 - Jan. 9, 2012, 110) and Asayo Sato (JPN) (b. Sep. 22, 1911 - Present, 112).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @ale76

(b. Nov. 3, 1901 - Jan. 9, 2012, 110).

???

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

GRG has just confirmed the validation of Ms. Margarete Tröstl (AUT) (b. Feb. 26, 1911, 112) (already validated by LQ) and

Ms. Hazel Skuce (CAN) (b. Feb. 7, 1912, 111) (already validated by LQ).

MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Recently announced validation, but retroactively attributed a validation date of 1 February 2016:

Rosa Brown, USA, 15 Mar 1899 - 16 Mar 2009, 110 years and 1 day.

Overduidelijk misschien.

WellAbove110 reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

And I've only just noticed how there were two retroactive validations on the same day: Toshiko Tsuda and Rissie Robey were both validated on 29 January 2016. That's an interesting change of course as well. I am quite certain Robert was still the head of the GRG back in 2016, and he always insisted on no more than one validation per day - so every supercentenarian would have their turn in the spotlight.

I wonder what's changed here.

EDIT: twice!

1 Feb. 2016 = Shigeyo Nakachi & Rosa Brown.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

@marco What a disorganization 😢

GRG is in disarray.

Chris and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

GRG has just confirmed the validation of Ms. Ruth Stryzewski (USA) (b. Feb. 20, 1912, 111) (already validated by LQ).

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Recently announced validation, but attributed an arbitrary validation date of 18 June 2023:

Mary Keir, UK (Wales), 3 Mar 1912 - Present, 111+ years.

Overduidelijk misschien.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chris)
Fan

Posted by: @marco

And I've only just noticed how there were two retroactive validations on the same day: Toshiko Tsuda and Rissie Robey were both validated on 29 January 2016. That's an interesting change of course as well. I am quite certain Robert was still the head of the GRG back in 2016, and he always insisted on no more than one validation per day - so every supercentenarian would have their turn in the spotlight.

Waclaw took over, changed the GRG validation "strategy" and retrospectively backdated a couple of cases (by seven years!) in line with his new operating procedure, completely at odds with Robert's clearly established policy at the alleged validation date.

What a complete mess!

This post was modified 8 months ago by Chris

ESO Co-Founder and Administrator (since 1 January 2020)

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @chris

Waclaw took over, changed the GRG validation "strategy" and retrospectively backdated a couple of cases (by seven years!) in line with his new operating procedure, completely at odds with Robert's clearly established policy at the alleged validation date.

What a complete mess!

Even stranger, he recently appointed himself the "GRG correspondent for Nordic countries" despite living in Poland. 

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @mendocino

Posted by: @chris

What a complete mess!

Even stranger, he recently appointed himself the "GRG correspondent for Nordic countries" despite living in Poland. 

He is omniscient, omnipresent, all-rounder 🤦.

Chris reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@Mendocino Apparently there are no other qualified researchers in this region 🙄 

ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @930310

Considering how many unusable correspondents he added to the GRG after the mass resignation earlier this year (such as the extremely helpful "GRG Iceland correspondent", which is about as useful as a "Liechtenstein coast guard"), there's no way he wouldn't be able to get a single researcher from any of the Nordic countries to join the GRG like the others, given how many researchers there are from that region. 

On a similar note, I just realized that he removed Chris Law, Marco Wikkerink, Andrew Holmes, Fabrizio Villatoro, and Alessandro Delucchi from the GW's list of "former GRG members" back in July 🤣 
https://gerontology.fandom.com/wiki/Gerontology_Research_Group?diff=279802&oldid=279798

I guess he thinks he invented time travel and prevented them from ever joining?

ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

@mendocino I know, I was being sarcastic. I doubt that I am listed on the list of former GRG members, not that I really care.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

@mendocino If his mind is happy to do so, no problem for me. For me it was a shame to be a corr. for them. Better to have been canceled at all.

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

On a similar note, I just realized that he removed Chris Law, Marco Wikkerink, Andrew Holmes, Fabrizio Villatoro, and Alessandro Delucchi from the GW's list of "former GRG members" back in July 🤣 

https://gerontology.fandom.com/wiki/Gerontology_Research_Group?diff=279802&oldid=279798

-- attachment is not available --

He who controls the past controls the future.

Overduidelijk misschien.

Chris and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

GRG has just confirmed the validation of Ms. Sueko Katsu (JPN) (b. Mar. 26, 1912, 111) (already validated by LQ).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chris)
Fan

Posted by: @930310

Considering how many unusable correspondents he added to the GRG after the mass resignation earlier this year (such as the extremely helpful "GRG Iceland correspondent", which is about as useful as a "Liechtenstein coast guard"), there's no way he wouldn't be able to get a single researcher from any of the Nordic countries to join the GRG like the others, given how many researchers there are from that region. 

-- attachment is not available --

Simply devastating, I'm sure we will all lose sleep over this grievous insult 🤣 

ESO Co-Founder and Administrator (since 1 January 2020)

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
heatwave116
(@heatwave116)
Fan

Apparently Sueko Katsu's age was "meticulously examined and verified by Japan's [MHLW]"

Yeah, and I'm the pope.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Between validations of GRG we can find also Ms. Ai Maeda (JPN) (Mar. 27, 1912 - Living, 111).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Between validations of GRG we can find also Ms. Lucienne Moreau (FRA) (Oct. 25, 1912 - Living, 111).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

GRG has just confirmed the validation of Mr. Hilario Orozco Lemus (MEX) (Nov. 3, 1913 - Living, 110) (already validated by LQ) and Ms. Ines Sommovigo (ITA) (Nov. 6, 1911 - Living, 112). (already validated by LQ).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Recently announced validations, with retroactive acceptance dates of 10 and 13 February 2016:

Mary Belle McCaleb, USA, 6 Sept 1900 - 26 Nov 2011, 111 years and 81 days.

Dolores Lauenroth, USA, 13 June 1901 - 6 Apr 2012, 110 years and 298 days.

It's interesting I have been credited as one of the contributors to Mrs Lauenroth's case, as I only submitted the final piece of evidence (proof of name change was missing) in late April 2018, yet this case was accepted in early 2016. It's also interesting it's mentioned there's no known public photos for Dolores Lauenroth, even though there was one accompanying her obituary. (It's even been saved/screenshotted; I'm adding it as an attachment here.)

EDIT: I've even found a screenshotted picture of the entire obituary, showcasing yet another picture.

Overduidelijk misschien.

diego and Gabriel_PT reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 17
Share: