GRG - Recent Validations

471 Posts
33 Users
511 Likes
22.9 K Views
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Between validations of GRG we can find also Ms. Chiyo Yamamoto (JPN) (b. Feb. 18, 1911, 111).

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Pearl Cornelsen (USA) (Dec. 25, 1900 - Feb. 11, 2013, 112) (but formally validated with the date May 29, 2015).

There is still a hole of about 7 years of validations (from June 1, 2015 to 2023).

Persone viventi più longeve in Italia – Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

NameBirthdateDate of deathAgeCountry of birthCountry of deathSource of validationDate of ApplicationDate of acceptance

Delphia WelfordSept. 9, 1875Nov. 14, 1992

117 years, 66 days

USA (Mississippi)USA (Tennessee)SSA study/Robert Young/Waclaw Jan Kroczek/Delphia Boykin/Ilias Leivaditis/Jimmy Lindberg/Oliver Trim/Bert Kestenbaum/B. Renee FergusonFeb. 23, 2016Apr. 29, 2023

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

diego and Metajore reacted
ReplyQuote
(@metajore)
Supercentenarian Fan

@record_116 Does anyone take this validation seriously?

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Fabri21
(@fabri21)
Fan

Posted by: @metajore

1. No birth/baptismal record.

2. 117 in 1992 is very extreme.

3. She claimed to be 111, validated as 117. You need a very diverse and multiple evidences to validate this, the case only has censuses and school records.

4. The main researcher was Jimmy Lindberg, yet we see an agenda to push their name to the end, and add another filler guy at the validators' list.

5. I don't think Robert Y. approved this case, just Waclaw's hurry to compete. 

6. Why a long waiting to approve this case just until this moment.

Think about this.

LAS administrator and member since 12 January 2020.
Global Supercentenarian Forum member since 1 March 2022.

ddmkm122, Sailor Haumea, Amck and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@metajore)
Supercentenarian Fan

@fabri21 Yeah, it seemed too good to be true, turns out that it was in fact, not true at all. I dont know if we should trust this organization anymore.

ddmkm122 and Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

While I have little doubt that she was 116+, I am not pleased with how they credited themselves and pushed me to the back.

Record_116, Amck, ddmkm122 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

@fabri21 Yeah, it seemed too good to be true, turns out that it was in fact, not true at all. I dont know if we should trust this organization anymore.

It is true but giving GRG lackeys credit before Jimmy is typical GRG behavior.

ddmkm122 reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

Assuming the validation sticks, it’s interesting that a year as far back as 1875, should lose a debunked 117 year old in Lucy Hannah and now regain a 117 year old.

Record_116 reacted
ReplyQuote
Record_116
(@record_116)

I wonder if they know Efrain Antonio Rios Garcia will validate or was validated by LQ so he speedy decided to validate Delphia case.

Born 3 Feburuary 1999. Founder of 5ch anonymous message board about longevity (1 January 2012) / Founder and chief administrator, the oldest people research forum in Japan founded in 1 January 2017. Link: 長寿者研究フォーラム (oldestpeopleforum.jp)

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @fabri21

3. She claimed to be 111, validated as 117. You need a very diverse and multiple evidences to validate this, the case only has censuses and school records.

4. The main researcher was Jimmy Lindberg, yet we see an agenda to push their name to the end, and add another filler guy at the validators' list.

Think about this.

FWIW, I think that verifying her as age 117 was a mistake since her earliest (1880) documentation is not unequivocal on this. I think that verifying her as age 116 would have been much safer.

Unfortunately, birth records were rare in the Southern US in the 1870s, especially for African-Americans. So possibly were baptismal records.

ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

Posted by: @futurist

Think about this.

FWIW, I think that verifying her as age 117 was a mistake since her earliest (1880) documentation is not unequivocal on this. I think that verifying her as age 116 would have been much safer.

Unfortunately, birth records were rare in the Southern US in the 1870s, especially for African-Americans. So possibly were baptismal records.

I disagree. We have four(!) different censuses (two state, two federal) from 1880 that give ages supporting birth in 1874 or 1875 (one of them gives her age as 4, the other three give her age as 5), so I think that a September 1876 birth is very unlikely IMO.

ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

It is quite likely that the GRG became aware that J’s documents had just been submitted to LQ and sought to deliver an answer earlier.

In theory at least any 117 year old validation is very big news, hence perhaps they are looking for some “big hits” or publicity as well.

in addition to the case “challenges” outlined in posts above, the apparent speed of a decision concerning a proposed 117 year old makes no sense.

Even though Jeanne Calment was born that same year, DW’s validated age is still close to - or within the realms of “extraordinary cases requiring extraordinary proof”.

Despite being younger than JC, this validation smashes the record at the time for the oldest person ever to have died - as well as for the oldest person never to have been the WOP.

ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

Posted by: @chrisr

It is quite likely that the GRG became aware that J’s documents had just been submitted to LQ and sought to deliver an answer earlier.

In theory at least any 117 year old validation is very big news, hence perhaps they are looking for some “big hits” or publicity as well.

in addition to the case “challenges” outlined in posts above, the apparent speed of a decision concerning a proposed 117 year old makes no sense.

Even though Jeanne Calment was born that same year, DW’s validated age is still close to - or within the realms of “extraordinary cases requiring extraordinary proof”.

Despite being younger than JC, this validation smashes the record at the time for the oldest person ever to have died - as well as for the oldest person never to have been the WOP.

I think the case is fairly solid for a black person born in the 1870s (five different documents from before her 10th birthday, plus a sixth from her second decade of life), but it is strange that they seemingly validated this so quickly.

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

I submitted an application for Welford in 2017, so it was still almost a six year waiting time. I am however unsure where they got February 2016 from since I can’t recall submitting anything by that date other than some initial broad summaries for US longevity claims based on the SSA files and potential SSDI and other death entries to establish that they were actual claims. Ilias Leivaditis did some initial investigation when he found her SSDI in 2014, but I do not believe that he submitted his research in 2016.

ReplyQuote
(@sailor-haumea)
Fan

Posted by: @930310

I submitted an application for Welford in 2017, so it was still almost a six year waiting time. I am however unsure where they got February 2016 from since I can’t recall submitting anything by that date other than some initial broad summaries for US longevity claims based on the SSA files and potential SSDI and other death entries to establish that they were actual claims. Ilias Leivaditis did some initial investigation when he found her SSDI in 2014, but I do not believe that he submitted his research in 2016.

It is also rather strange that Easter Wiggins, for whom research seems to have been submitted earlier, has not been validated by the GRG despite her being 116 when she died, and of comparable significance to Welford...

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @sailor-haumea

It is also rather strange that Easter Wiggins, for whom research seems to have been submitted earlier, has not been validated by the GRG despite her being 116 when she died, and of comparable significance to Welford...

Former WOP, so they'd need to send the application to GWR first.

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Cloa Elizabeth Gragg (USA) (June 1, 1903 - Feb. 2, 2014, 110) (but formally validated with the date June 1, 2015).

There is still a hole of about 7 years of validations (from June 4, 2015 to 2023).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has confirmed the validation of Ms. Herlda Senhouse (USA) (b. Feb. 28, 1911, 112) (already validated by LQ).

ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Margaret Hollenshead (USA) (Apr. 22, 1911 - Apr. 28, 2023, 112) (but formally validated with the date Apr. 26, 2023).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @record_116

NameBirthdateDate of deathAgeCountry of birthCountry of deathSource of validationDate of ApplicationDate of acceptance

117 years, 66 days

USA (Mississippi)USA (Tennessee)SSA study/Robert Young/Waclaw Jan Kroczek/Delphia Boykin/Ilias Leivaditis/Jimmy Lindberg/Oliver Trim/Bert Kestenbaum/B. Renee FergusonFeb. 23, 2016Apr. 29, 2023

Question: Would it be possible to also give me some credit for her verification since I found the 1880 Mississippi state census entries for her as well as the 1885 and 1892 Mississippi school census entries for her? The latter documents were important in ruling out the possibility of an identity switch with a younger sibling who was born after the 1880 US Census.

ReplyQuote
(@futurist)
Fan

Posted by: @sailor-haumea

Think about this.

I disagree. We have four(!) different censuses (two state, two federal) from 1880 that give ages supporting birth in 1874 or 1875 (one of them gives her age as 4, the other three give her age as 5), so I think that a September 1876 birth is very unlikely IMO.

It's possible that her age was rounded up in some or all of these census entries, though that's probably unlikely since AFAIK most census entries did not have their ages rounded upwards. Still, the possibility can't be completely excluded.

It also doesn't help that she claimed three different birthdays during her lifetime--sometime in April (1900 US Census), September 9 (SSA application), and October 15 (gravestone). Still, the fact that she died on November 14, 1992 indicates that the odds of her celebrating her final birthday in 1992 rather than in 1991 were very high: Over 85% since over 85% of the year 1992 had already passed by the time of her death. I do suspect that she didn't know her true birthday due to a lack of literacy and record-keeping in the Southern US in the 1870s, especially for the descendants of former slaves.

Her two younger brothers, Charlie and Howard, also claimed different birthdays during their lifetime. Maybe some of her other siblings as well, though I'm less sure about that since with her two brothers the birthdays on their WWI draft registration cards don't match the birthdays on their 1900 US Census entries.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
(@930310)
Gerontology student

Posted by: @record_116

117 years, 66 days

Question: Would it be possible to also give me some credit for her verification since I found the 1880 Mississippi state census entries for her as well as the 1885 and 1892 Mississippi school census entries for her? The latter documents were important in ruling out the possibility of an identity switch with a younger sibling who was born after the 1880 US Census.

Ask the GRG, they were probably too busy credit-stealing to remember you aiding with the research.

Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Amanda Jones (USA) (Dec. 16, 1897 - Dec. 18, 2008, 111) (but formally validated with the date June 4, 2015).

There is still a hole of about 7 years of validations (from June 7, 2015 to 2023).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Rose May Eaton (Uak) (Aug. 23, 1909 - Oct. 7, 2022, 113) (but formally validated with the date Jan. 19, 2023).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Lera Williams  (USA) (Feb. 9, 1900  - Nov. 25, 2011, 111) (but formally validated with the date June 7, 2015).

There is still a hole of about 7 years of validations (from June 10, 2015 to 2023).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Iride Fontanesi (ITA) (June 2, 1903  - July 1, 2013, 110) (but formally validated with the date June 10, 2015).

There is still a hole of about 7 years of validations (from June 13, 2015 to 2023).

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
ChrisR
(@chrisr)
Fan

It’s actually nearer 8 years by the looks of things.

Still an appalling gap at this stage.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Gwendoline Phillips (UK) (July 17, 1903 - July 24, 2014, 111) (but formally validated with the date June 13, 2015).

There is still a hole of about 7 years of validations (from June 16, 2015 to 2023). 

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Ada Furby (UK/AUS) (July 22, 1903 - July 27, 2014, 111) (but formally validated with the date June 16, 2015).

There is still a hole of about 7 years of validations (from June 19, 2015 to 2023). 

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 16
Share: