470 Posts
33 Users
521 Reactions
24.6 K Views
AQ
 AQ
(@aq)
Fan

@marco ew that totally shows Robert's true character. Gross. Sorry you have to put up with him Marco

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

@aquanaut_chalk I'm not sure what you mean. I was only trying to show that Robert disagrees with / disapproves of Mrs Walker's validation (for an unknown reason). I don't think it shows anything about his character/personality. But it does intrigue me... what is the disagreement about? Just how much of a Holy Trinity is the trio of Robert, Waclaw Jan, and Oliver exactly?

Overduidelijk misschien.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Jessie Lemon (USA) (Mar. 4, 1898 - Mar. 17, 2008, 110) (but formally validated with the date July 4, 2015).ย ย ย 
There is still a hole of about 7 years of validations (from the end of 2015 to 2023).ย 

http://www.supercentenariditalia.it/persone-viventi-piu-longeve-in-italia.
Persone viventi piรน longeve in Italia โ€“ Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Roberta Brittain-Pruitt (USA) (May 31, 1896 - Aug. 10, 2008, 112) (but formally validated with the date July 13, 2015).ย ย ย 
There is still a hole of about 7 years of validations (from the end of 2015 to 2023).ย 

ย 

Persone viventi piรน longeve in Italia โ€“ Supercentenari d'Italia (supercentenariditalia.it)

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Ms. Ruth Brown (USA) (May 22, 1896 - Nov. 8, 2008, 112) (but formally validated with the date July 22, 2015).ย ย ย 

ย 

ย 

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @ale76

Today GRG has validated Ms. Ruth Brown (USA) (May 22, 1896 - Nov. 8, 2008, 112) (but formally validated with the date July 22, 2015).ย ย ย 

With this validation, the GRG is now up-to-date all the way through the 15 January 2016 Pending List, except for a forgotten (or intentionally skipped?*) validation slot on 29 April 2015.

ย 

* Yuriko Nishimura?

ย 

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
(@wtm61)
Supercentenarian Fan

April 29 2015 belongs to Poland.

Jรณzefa Stanisล‚awa Szydaย  ย which was announced last March 6

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

GRG has validated Ms. Jรณzefa Stanisล‚awa Szyda (POL) (Mar. 11, 1903 โ€“ May 1, 2013, 110) (formally validated on Apr. 29, 2015).

Posted on 5 March 2023 @Marco 🙂

ย 

Marco reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

@wtm61 Welcome to the Global Supercentenarian Forum! (this is your 1st post here).

FEW reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Posted by: @wtm61

ย 

Ah great, thanks! I'll update my file. 😀ย 

And welcome, indeed!

ย 

EDIT: Never mind, I already had her in my validated list. Must have forgotten to update my other lists.

ย 

Overduidelijk misschien.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Recent validation, ostensibly accepted on 10 May 2023 (but retroactively announced on 12 August 2023) :

Hana Satล, JPN, 112, 1 May 1911 - Present.

Overduidelijk misschien.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
AQ
 AQ
(@aq)
Fan

@marco what does that mean?

|Male| ๐ŸŽฎGamer๐ŸŽฎ > ๐Ÿ‘•Fashion Lover๐Ÿ‘• > ๐Ÿ•ถChore Motivator๐Ÿ•ถ
Favorite Male SC: Juan Vicente Pรฉrez Mora
Favorite Female SCs: Lucile Randon & Kane Tanaka
๐Ÿ˜And the kind of guy that's always down to chat๐Ÿ˜

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Ostensibly = seemingly, apparently, it's implied that

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
(@wtm61)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @marco

Posted by: @wtm61

ย 

Ah great, thanks! I'll update my file. 😀ย 

And welcome, indeed!

ย 

EDIT: Never mind, I already had her in my validated list. Must have forgotten to update my other lists.

ย 

Yes I have been guilty of that many a time

Thanks for the welcome

And also thanks to Ale76

ย 

diego and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Recent validation, accepted on 11 August 2023:

ย 

Susie Lewis, USA, 11 Aug 1911 - Present, 112 years.

Overduidelijk misschien.

diego reacted
ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has confirmed the validation of Ms. Shigeko Kagawa (JPN) (b. May 28, 1911, 112) (already validated by LQ).

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Administrator Admin

I have just moved the discussion on GRG validations to a more relevant section of the forum. Please keep the focus of this thread to actual GRG validations. Thank you.

ย 

(And yes, this does mean that regrettably not everyone can read the discussion anymore; I am aware of that unfortunate consequence.)

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Today GRG has validated Mr. Ralph Tarrant (UK) (July 7, 1903 - Oct. 30, 2013, 110) (but formally validated with the wrong date July 22, 2015). We are waiting for the right date.ย ย ย 

Edit: After my post, they have changed the date to Mar. 15, 2015.

They work in a bad way!

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @marco

With this validation, the GRG is now up-to-date all the way through the 15 January 2016 Pending List, except for a forgotten (or intentionally skipped?*) validation slot on 29 April 2015.

* Yuriko Nishimura?

and Mar. 15, 2015.

ย 

ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

In recent years, Robert would skip the 15th of a month as a validation date, because it was the date on which a new pending list was released.

ย 

Overduidelijk misschien.

ReplyQuote
(@ryoung122)
Senior Consultant for Gerontology, Guinness World Records

@marco You know that, Marco, because you were a GRG Admin at the time. If a plane crashes, trying to re-assemble the pieces is going to have some errors. No one asked you to leave the GRG, you chose to resign. Your efforts for the GRG were appreciated.

ReplyQuote
(@ryoung122)
Senior Consultant for Gerontology, Guinness World Records

@ale76 Don't use the word "they". Only ONE person has access to Waclaw's website...Waclaw.

And if you wish to 'help' the GRG SC Forum is there for input.

Record_116 and Ale76 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chris)
Fan

Today GRG has validated Mr. Ralph Tarrant (UK) (July 7, 1903 - Oct. 30, 2013, 110) (but formally validated with the wrong date July 22, 2015). We are waiting for the right date.ย ย ย 

-- attachment is not available --

They work in a bad way!

It's interesting to see Oliver Trim has been credited for this case, despite the fact that we all know he had no involvement in the field of supercentenarian research at any time up to the validation date in March 2015.

In truth, all the key documents (birth, marriage, census records etc) were submitted by me, with the assistance of Ralph's daughter, the late Christine Carter.ย 

ย 

ย 

ESO Co-Founder and Administrator (since 1 January 2020)

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Posted by: @ryoung122

@ale76 Don't use the word "they". Only ONE person has access to Waclaw's website...Waclaw.

And if you wish to 'help' the GRG SC Forum is there for input.

Actually I wrote several posts in the last months to help but a moderator/admin of the forum deleted all my posts after few minutes...

(also today: you can see the history of the topic "New GRG validations"!)

ย 

ReplyQuote
Ale76
(@ale76)
Supercentenarian Fan

Between validations of GRG we can find also Ms. Charlotte Kretschmann (GER) (b. Dec. 3, 1909, 113).

ย 

ChrisR and MrCatlord reacted
ReplyQuote
Marco
(@marco)
Fan

Good to see another living 1909'er validated!

Overduidelijk misschien.

AQ, ChrisR and diego reacted
ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

@marco hope sheโ€™s not the last (to be validated)

diego and AQ reacted
ReplyQuote
adancho
(@adancho)
Supercentenarian Fan

I am so happy that Charlotte Krestchmann has finally been validated!

ย 

I hope there are more validations of 1909 and maybe 1908.

Kane Tanaka (1903-2022) my favorite supercentenarian of all time.

ReplyQuote
MrCatlord
(@mrcatlord)
Supercentenarian Fan

@adancho me too but weโ€™re really running out of cases that could be validated. Aquanaut Chalk has helped research some plausible cases (like Missanga) but the organizations seem to be ignoring them right now. I brought up the Uema case on 110 club and Yumi said she contacted the village and weโ€™ll hopefully hear more about her if sheโ€™s still alive with the reports from Respect For the Aged Day coming up. I hope there are more out there still

AQ reacted
ReplyQuote
Mendocino
(@mendocino)
Fan

Posted by: @mrcatlord

@adancho me too but weโ€™re really running out of cases that could be validated. Aquanaut Chalk has helped research some plausible cases (like Missanga) but the organizations seem to be ignoring them right now.ย 

LAS researchers have been trying to verify the case of "Joรฃo da Missanga" (not his real name) since (at least) 2020. Multiple relatives have been contacted, but they didn't seem too interested in having him recognized as the oldest living man. We definitely haven't been ignoring his case - it's just that there's not much we can do to verify his case without knowing his parents' names. We know his place of birth, and the documents should be online, but we'd need to know who his parents were in order to find something like his baptismal record.ย 

ย 

Profile picture: Marita Camacho Quirรณs (1911-Present)

diego and ChrisR reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 16
Share: